Services Plugins FAQs

☁️ AWS File Uploader - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hi @jeffmccutcheon,

I’m reaching out with an update. Our team has managed to fix the plugin. Please upgrade to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again.

Also, make sure if you’re using the Multiple files option, your Image cropping and Image processing options are off:

Thanks for your patience.

@alexandru, File (image) size is getting increased after it’s cropped, which ideally should never happen. I am adding a loom video for your reference, This issue is a little critical, as we have configured some checks on the file size of images getting uploaded and this bug is messing with those.

Hi @alan,

Thanks for reporting. I’m afraid it seems to be an issue on our side, but please let our team investigate and I’ll notify you back asap!

@alexandru any update on this.

Hi @alan,

Thanks for catching up. We do have an update on work progress so far. Our dev team has managed to identify the reason of this issue and it has been already fixed. But some unexpected problem occurred with other plugin features, so we are fixing these as well and then we just publish a new version, so you’ll be able to run your app smoothly.

I’ll get back to you with another update asap.

Thanks for your patience. :pray:

1 Like

@alexandru, another issue, when adding two “NoGUI Fileuploader” in a page, second one is triggering the first one when clicked. Attaching a loom video for your reference. In the video you can see, when Im clicking on “NoGUI Fileuploader B”, it trigges “NoGUI Fileuploader A”

Hi @alan,

We managed to fix all issues. Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again.

For this one, it is working as expected because the plugin was not designed to be used with more than one element on a single page, unfortunately. This may take time to re-create the logic of this plugin, but we collected your feedback and will work on future improvements if feasible.

Thanks for understanding. :pray:

1 Like

Is there any way to use AWS Multipart functionality with this? We upload very large files (500mb+) and our users frequently get failures when their mobile connection drops out. Looking to solve this with the S3 Multipart protocol:

Hi @senorcodecat,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, the Multipart API is not part of our plugin. However, we have taken your feedback into account and we’ll look into future possibilities for improvement, if feasible. :pray:

Best,
Alex

HI @alexandru,

After using your great plugin, I have found something that is really a big issue for apps using French or Spanish as a main language. The issue is that when the filename contains an accent or any special character, it is uploaded perfectly to your S3 bucket, but it’s impossible to delete it from your bucket. Even if you try to delete it directly from the S3 Console, it gives an error. So the pain point here is that if your users upload files which filename contains special characters, it’s imposible to delete them, and therefore you will be paying a bucket with lots of unused files that you cannot delete. I had to delete my S3 account in order to delete the bucket and begin again.
Can you please take a look? Thanks a lot!

Hi @diego.peter.matheu,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please share more details on this matter, especially screenshots or better a screencast with your app + plugin setups, as well as preview and perhaps your bucket storage so we can see the exact steps to try to replicate this issue on our side, then provide a better feedback asap!

Best,

Hi @alexandru! Sure!

The plugin setup is exactly as described in your documentation (see screenshots), and it works perfect. But when the filename contains an accent or special character, those files can’t be deleted. When you select them in the S3 Console you already get an error (unexpected error - see screenshot), and if you skip this message and try to delete it, you get another error (100% error, see screenshot).
When I try to delete the complete list of my bucket using the plugin, it works perfect!, But when the bucket contains just one file with the filename containing a special character, the plugin gives an error on Bubble (see screenshot).
Hope this description helps. Bear in mind that if the filename doesn’t contain any special character (&%$`´’…etc) it works perfect :slight_smile:

Thanks @diego.peter.matheu for feedback.

Please let us check on this usecase with our development team and I’ll get back to you asap!

Best,

perfect @alexandru! thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hi @diego.peter.matheu,

We have tried to identify this problem on our side but with no luck, unfortunately. Could you please share a screenshot so we can see the plugin version you are using, as well as your app itself with exact steps to reproduce the problem (plugin setups and workflow details).

Best,

Hi @alexandru!

Thanks for answering!
I’ll do it even easier :slight_smile:
Get any file and change the name so that the file name contains an accent (for example: “file_tést”), upload it to your S3 Bucket and try to delete it.
I have try it using your demo (https://zeroqode-demo-02.bubbleapps.io/aws-uploader) , and I cannot delete the files using the different means you have in your demo. You’ll see the files right now in your demo (see screenshot below to identify it).
In my app I’m using the last version of the plugin, and simple workflows as in your demo.
Hope it helps, because I’ve reproduced your workflows in my app. I think that maybe it has something to do when transforming a text with special characters in url.

Thanks a lot again!

Thanks @diego.peter.matheu for your feedback.

We have tried to reproduce this problem even on our demo page, but with no luck, unfortunately. We are able to upload a file containing special characters, as well as display it and delete as well.

Perhaps you might be confused of how plugin works, but the best way of testing it, is deleting all files first, so bucket is empty, then upload a file containing special character > get all files, so you’ll see this list populated with a single file just uploaded > delete all files > get all files again, so you can see that your list has been emptied.

However, if you still experience the same issue on our side, please go to Settings - Collaboration tab within your editor. Add our support@zeroqode.com account to your collaborator’s list. Also, please tell us your app name and page name where this problem occurs on test.

It would be best to create a separate blank page for testing purposes, so we can tweak it and test the plugin on your side.

Note: avoid the warning message regarding plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

We’ll investigate it inside your app and get back to you with a feedback asap. :pray:

Hi @alexandru,

I understand, and before contacting you, I’ve already tried everything. I’m using the plugin exactly as you have in your demo page, even I have chosen the same region for my S3 configuration. I can deal with the fact that I have to delete some files manually if the moment arrives, but the thing is that all files uploaded (containing an accent in the filename) to my bucket using your plugin cannot be deleted, it´s impossible and even delete de bucket (see video: https://s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1603206312701x186841396466368450/Grabación%20de%20pantalla%202020-10-20%20a%20las%2016.44.56%201.mp4). And this makes impossible to delete all my bucket using your “delete all list” action. I’ve tried everything even using S3 forums and documentation.
The thing is that if I upload the same file directly from my S3 console, I can delete it. I have observed that the url encoding for the name changes if it’s uploaded using your plugin or directly:

Filename: file tést.jpg
Your plugin: file+te%CC%81st.jpg
S3 Console: file+t%C3%A9st.jpg

The console also takes into account the UTF-8 encoding. Why is your url encoding different? Maybe the issue is there.

And because I have my plugin exactly as it is in your demo page, I’ve tried again with your demo, and got the same problem, impossible to delete it individually or deleting all the list (see video: https://s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1603206558374x849616978000798300/Grabación%20de%20pantalla%202020-10-20%20a%20las%2016.36.18%201.mp4)

I think that there is an issue when you encode the file when uploading to S3.

Hi Again @alexandru,

I’ve tested different filenames, and clearly there must be something with your url encoding.

When your plugin encodes characters with accent, for example “á” encodes it as 2 characters. Here is how your plugin encodes these:

á: a%CC%81
é: e%CC%81
í: i%CC%81
ó: o%CC%81
ú: u%CC%81

While AWS S3 encodes the same characters as being just one character and using the regular url encoding:

á: %C3%A1
é: %C3%A9
í: %C3%AD
ó: %C3%B3
ú: %C3%BA

it can be that if the encoding you’re using is different that the one that S3 is using, it will make the plugin unuseful for countries that use “ú , è, ö, á…etc.” on a regular basis.

Thanks @diego.peter.matheu for your feedback!

Still, I’m afraid plugin encoding is working properly on our side. Here is an example to showcase that it encodes it as S3 does:

We’ll certainly continue to investigate this problem further, but could you please share some other details like the keyboard language you are using when naming the files, as well as your S3 account language, browser and OS with their versions.

It will also speed things up if you add our support account to your collaborators if you will, as previously mentioned.

Thanks in advance for your patience. :pray: