Services Plugins FAQs

☁️ AWS File Uploader - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Ok! thanks a lot for your support @alexandru.
Your inputs helped me to run another test, and it seems that is a Mac OS issue (I have the lastest Catalina version):

I created a file using a PC with an Italian Keyboard to see if it was a keyboard issue. And when uploading using your demo, it all went ok. Then I used the same file (created with italian keyboard) to upload it from my mac, and there you are! the same file gave the wrong url and therefore the inability to delete it.

The same happens with my app. When using a PC, everything works great.

Is there anything you can do with that? as I know a lot of my users have a Mac

Hi @diego.peter.matheu,

Thanks for confirming. We certainly receive this error on our side when trying to delete, but we only get it in Safari. Are you using Safari to develop your app? It would be best to share this information as previously mentioned, as well as browser version. We’ll try to investigate it further and see if we can fix it at plugin level. :pray:

Yes! I’m using Safari to develop my app, and here you have the version:
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-21 a las 15.37.46

Thanks a lot again for your support @alexandru!

@alexandru, Does the plugin reduce the file size of the files uploaded? Image resize quality is set to 1 but still, I can see my image sizes are getting reduced by around 30-35%. Can you check this? Thanks!

Hi guys,

@diego.peter.matheu unfortunately, we are not able to provide working solutions at this point because it may take a while to try to fix this issue in Safari. The only workaround solution would be notifying to use a different browser for a better experience, like Chrome, so it doesn’t throw these errors. But we’ll investigate it further and let you know as soon as we have some answers. :pray:

@alan it might depend on your plugin element settings, but could you please share screenshots of all fields and checkboxes so we can replicate the exact behavior on our side, as well your preview results. We’ll check on it and get back to you asap.

Thanks!

@alexandru, sharing screenshots below

Thanks @alan for these details, but please share the preview results as well, because we can see there is a possible problem but it is not getting reduced on our side, unfortunately.

Could you also share the results so we can see how exactly it is reducing the image size, and it’s original file size as well for investigation. :pray:

Hi, I’m adding a loom video, in here you can see the original size of the file as 1.14MB but post uploading it shows 945 KB.

Hi @alan,

Thanks for feedback. Please let us investigate this usecase with our development team and get back to you asap!

Best,

1 Like

@alan

So the image processing feature is the one causing this file sized reduce. The thing is that once you set this checkbox, your uploaded files are going to be processed and therefore in any case the initial file will be changed and naturally the file size will be changed as well.

If you simply want your uploaded file to have its initial file size, then simply remove this checkbox to process the image and it is going to work properly.

Best,

Hi @zeroqode Team

Does the AWS file uploader support all kinds of dynamically generated text strings as prefix for uploads?

When I set the filename prefix to consist of two dynamic text strings (one being bubble’s generated unique_id), only the first is is included in the filename. When I replace them with the same string non-dynamic it works fine.

This works:
Setting
Result
Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 14.56.39

This doesn’t work.
Setting
Data in Frontend

Result
Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 14.56.43

How can I make it work?

Thanks!

Update: After some testing it seems that the plugin takes the right dynamic value that is available on page load. If that value changes afterwards, the previous value continues to be used (which happens to be empty in my example). Can you fix this and enable the plugin filenames prefix to update when the corresponding value changes?
Thanks!

Hi, @max, thanks for reaching out!

Let us check this carefully and we’ll get back to you asap. Thanks for understanding :pray:

Best, Julia.

Hi @Julia Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

After some testing it seems as if the plugin only takes the right dynamic value that is available on page load. If that value changes afterwards, the previous value continues to be used (which happens to be empty in my example). Can you fix this and enable the plugin filenames prefix to update when the corresponding value changes?
Thanks!

I’m having an issue where the URL field the plugin writes to the bubble database is different than what’s shown in S3.

The issue has to do with spaces in file names:

• Plugin - sometimes converts them to + and sometimes converts them to %20
  • AWS - always converts them to +

This is a problem for me because I have some AWS Lambda functions that write to the Bubble DB and expect the names to match.

Would it be possible to always write S3 URLs with + for spaces like AWS?

Here’s an example:

I have a repeating group. Each RG cell has a Question thing. Each cell also has a popup element triggered by a button. The popup contains the S3 uploader plugin input and allows the user to create an Answer thing.

This can cause the plugin to write incorrect info to Bubble if the page with the RG is not refreshed in between S3 uploads.

I have my Create Answer workflow reset relevant inputs but that doesn’t seem to affect the S3 uploader.

So when I go to answer a second question I still see the name of the previous file uploaded.

I can change the file by clicking on the input and selecting a new file but this doesn’t always work as shown in the screenshot below.

I answer 4x Questions from the repeating group in the order shown in the AWS window. But the order gets mixed up in Bubble.

Notice the 2nd video shows up in the 2nd and 3rd spots, the 3rd video shows up in the 4th spot and the 4th video isn’t shown in Bubble.

Here’s a screenshot showing that the Upload File Type input was properly reset by the reset inputs action but that the uploader was not.

Any advice on this? For obvious reasons, need the Bubble thing to have the link to the correct S3 object.

Hi, @max!

We investigated the plugin ability to take dynamic values. So, when accessing the prefix value in the plugin code, it can only get the value that is in this dynamic value and exactly at that moment in time. At this point, we cannot get the value that was in this dynamic value before or after.
Thus, you need to ensure that your dynamic value is ready when you need it.

Best, Julia.

Hi, @tjc4!

Thanks for the details :pray: We need to investigate this in order to understand what is going on.

Could you please add our support@zeroqode.com account to your collaborator’s list in Settings -> Collaboration so we could check the issue inside your application. Plus, please tell us the name of your Bubble application and page name where you develop it, it would be way easier for us to help you solve the issues.

Note: avoid the warning message regarding Professional plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Best, Julia.

Hey Julia,

Just for my understanding: I am able to set & update the value dynamically in the plugin before the upload starts. However, the plugin only writes the value that was available on page load and not one that it took later.
So, it can only take the prefix value that is available on page load and for it to change the page has to be refreshed with the new prefix value, right?

@Julia thanks for the reply. I’ve added zeroqode as a collaborator.

For the form resetting issue:
Name of app is “idojo”. Page is “app”. Within app there is a group “Page Progress” that has the RG “RG - Questions (Progress)”. Each RG cell has a button that when clicked shows the popup “Popup Upload”.

For the handling of spaces:
Here’s a sample video which often results in a name mismatch between Bubble and AWS. Here’s another.

1 Like

@tjc4, thanks for the provided access and info. We’ll check this and get back to you asap.

Best, Julia.