Services Plugins FAQs

☁️ AWS File Uploader - New Plugin from Zeroqode

I’ve managed to get this working (of sorts), so I can use the FileUploadNoGUI function ok. My bucket and IAM permissions are all ok, as well as CORS, so I can upload and delete and my S3 bucket is set as Access: Only authorised users of this account, but I cannot download and open the files. The only way I can do this is by unblocking all public access, which means the URL can simply be put into a browser for the file to download too.

Is the download object not passing the IAM credentials? I’m no expert so this may not make any sense, but I hope you can understand it.

Thanks

Hi @Julia the GUI uploader is not working for me as well. I am able to use the NoGUI one but that one does not have a reset input option.

The “File URL” of GUI uploader always returns empty value.

Preview - https://app.brut.camp/version-test/test?debug_mode=true

Workflow
ENWEUZFSXr

Uploader settings

Debugger output
brave_zi8VvSmEzm

Hi, guys, @sharma.himanshu0608 and @steve.middleton!

Thanks for reaching out and pointing this to us!

Let us check this carefully and I’ll get back to you asap :pray: Please be aware that it might take time due to holidays. Thanks for understanding and your patience :pray:

Wish you a Happy New Year and all the best! :tada:
Best, Julia.

Hi, @sharma.himanshu0608!

We have fixed the GUI uploader. Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again.

Best, Julia.

Hi Julia. Thanks for the update but the GUI uploader is still not working for me while NoGUI is working. The URL is being returned as empty.

https://app.brut.camp/version-test/test?debug_mode=true

Hi, @sharma.himanshu0608!

It is quite weird. Ok, could you please make a double check of the bucket settings accordingly to the updated documentation: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/aws-file-uploader-plugin. Sometimes happens that missing a symbol or typo is made which can cause the error.
Also, make sure that Region and Identity_pool_id are in the same region

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best, Julia.

Hi @diego.peter.matheu,

It’s been a while, but we finally managed to fix this issue with special characters (Safari). You can upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again.

Wish you a great start of 2021!

Hi, @steve.middleton!

With regards to the block public access. As far as this is related to the S3 bucket settings, we as a plugin author cannot influence the result. But anyway, please follow this link that might be helpful: https://aws.amazon.com/s3/features/block-public-access/#:~:text=S3%20Block%20Public%20Access%20provides,%2C%20bucket%20policies%2C%20or%20both.

Hope this comes in handy!
Best, Julia.

@alexandru
That’s great!! thanks a lot!! and have a great start of 2021 too!

2 Likes

I have a feature request: The ability to compare the upload file names to a list and ignore duplicates.

I often upload 1000 high rez photos (takes an hour) and anything goes wrong I have to upload the entire 1000 photos again.

Hi @jeffmccutcheon,

Thanks for reaching out. We’re going to add this to our roadmap feature list to see how feasible it is for future improvements. :pray:

Best,
Alex

Hi, Just a quick question, how do you set the folder with the fileuploadnogui object?

Many thanks

Sam

Hi @porcelainmusic,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, it is not possible to set the folder with the No GUI uploader. It is only possible with the GUI one.

For No GUI uploader, you can set the unique file prefix only.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alex

Hi @alexandru, can I use this plugin to create Objects in an S3 bucket from a backend bubble workflow? When using the plugin, is it optimal for server performance to send data as one large json or multiple smaller jsons?

Hi @cybermailman,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to accomplish it with this plugin. Perhaps we’ll consider your feedback to add to our roadmap feature list, to see how feasible it is in the future improvements. :pray:

Thanks for understanding.

Best,
Alex

aws s3 now has “transfer acceleration”. In order to take advantage of it they say:

" Transfer Acceleration is only supported on virtual-hosted style requests. For more information about virtual-hosted style requests, see Making requests using the REST API."

Is this something that we can take advantage of via the uploader plugin?

Transfer acceleration also changes the bucket endpoint. Should we use the new endpoint in the “bucket name” blank in the plugin configuration?

Under Transfer acceleration , Accelerated endpoint displays the transfer acceleration endpoint for your bucket. Use this endpoint to access accelerated data transfers to and from your bucket.

Hi @jeffmccutcheon,

Thanks for feedback. We’ll add these features to our roadmap feature list to see how feasible it is for the future plugin improvements! Cannot guarantee estimates on this matter, unfortunately, but we’ll analyse the possibility. :pray:

Best,
Alex

For the s3objects, can i filter what I “get” or do I always have to get everything in my bucket? (I have 50,000 images in my bucket)

Hi @jeffmccutcheon,

Unfortunately, it is not possible. The action retrieves all the S3 objects from your bucket.

Best,
Alex

I have updated the plugin. Still, I am not able to create folder in S3. When I select

, it does not create any file in S3. When I select

, it creates file in S3 with a random folder name

. Please help me with this issue.