Services Plugins FAQs

AWS File Uploader Plugin - Why different options for GUI vs NoGUI?

Why are there some options available for GUI uploader and not available for NoGUI uploader? Specifically being able to rename a file should be available in both and would significantly help me when using the NoGUI as I don’t believe the GUI provided is visually appealing for my app.

Also, I think it’s odd that I’m unable to set a limit on file size or path in the NoGUI but I can in GUI.

Thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Hi @anthony.woodard91,

Thanks so much for your message :pray:.

Usually, user’s requests are mostly for the GUI version, as it has more features and is used by more users. We tend to leave the NoGUI uploader as a simpler version of the GUI uploader, without any user interface or cluttering with extra features.

If you want some features for the NoGUI element that are currently present in the GUI uploader, please let me know, and I will see what can be done :blush:

Best regards :sunflower:

Hi @dorel -

Thanks for getting back to me. Honestly, your GUI has limited customizations and has pushed me to create my own UX/UI for this experience - Hence why I am using the NoGUI uploader in my app. To say that most don’t use vs the other one, so we only add to that one, is pretty disappointing to hear. However, I’m hopeful you can take the below feedback and build it into the NoGUI element quickly.

Here are the enhancements I would like to see available in the NoGUI element:

• Ability to rename files before uploading
  • Ability to limit file upload types and throw relevant error message
  • Ability to limit file size and throw relevant error message
  • Ability to use conditionals related to this nongui uploader. (i.e When not selecting/using “instant upload" and a user needs to manually trigger the upload via a button or other element, I want to be able to change the border color of my uploader box when a file has been added to the element but prior to a user hitting the trigger element.)

Hi @anthony.woodard91,

Thanks so much for the details!

I have discussed this with the developers to see if they would agree to add the features to the NoGUI, but unfortunately, they did not agree with me :frowning: However, you can disable the UI parts of the GUI element (see screenshot), as you mentioned you have already built the UI/UX. I have created a test page very similar to the demo, but with the UI parts disabled - check the test page compared to the Live Demo Page.

This way, you will be able to use all the features of the GUI element without the UI.

Hope this helps, and I’m sorry for not being able to implement your request :pray:

Best regards :hibiscus:

Hi - Thank you for the response; however, I still don’t think this fully solves for what I need. The issue with your solution is that it is required to be an instant upload rather than waiting for a user’s input.

To provide some context on my app, I have a lambda function that is triggered every time a user uploads a video to my s3 bucket, and as part of that function, it processes the video and sends the results back to my bubble app. When it is an instant download, I am missing key information that needs to be tied to the data record.

Hi @anthony.woodard91,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed reply over the weekend :pray:

Thanks for sharing your use case with me! Unfortunately, we won’t be able to add all of the features you requested to the NoGUI element. I am sorry for not being able to assist more to help you achieve your best use case with our plugin.

In case you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us here on the forum or at support@zeroqode.com, and we will try our best to assist if possible!

@dorel Are you able to provide at least these top three? I would imagine these are three very common use cases that other users of your plugin would benefit from as well. Even if there wasn’t the ability to throw an error message, but just limit file size and file type.

Hi @anthony.woodard91,

I will make sure to add these ideas to the list of plugin improvements as the current plugin roadmap does not include them. If we get more repetitive requests for these features, we might consider reviewing them again with the dev team and including in future updates.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide a timeframe for this implementation, but we will try our best to inform you when they are added :pray:

Apologies if this is not the expected or wanted answer, but I would love to assist further if you have more questions!

Hi @dorel that’s unfortunate tbh.

In addition, I just came across the following bug with this plugin.

Previously, when using the file uploader, no GUI, from a mobile device (iphone), it would upload a file successfully. However, now it will not upload a file from my photo library at all to the element. This works perfectly normal with the same file on web, so I’m unsure what the issue could be.

Please advise.

Hi @anthony.woodard91,

I understand your frustration and I am sorry!

Regarding the issue you’re experiencing, I have tried our demo page and successfully uploaded an image from my iPhone gallery to the NoGUI element, the phone being on the latest iOS version 17.5.1.

Could you please check the demo linked above and see if you can upload a file there? If the file is successfully uploaded, please send me a screenshot containing the settings of your NoGUI element so I can replicate it on my side to recreate the issue. Also, could you confirm the version of the plugin that is currently in use on your application :pray:

Hi @anthony.woodard91,

Just a small reminder regarding the issue you observed with the NoGUI element from our plugin. I would love to investigate further as this should be fixed. Could you please get back to me with the requested details as soon as you have a free moment :pray:

Hi @dorel -

Apologies for my extended delay but since my last post, this issue seems to have resolved. I believe it was more related to IOS settings rather than any plugin changes.

However, since we last spoke, I noticed your team has made an update to provide a new NoGUI (beta) element. Can you elaborate on the changes in this element or where I can find more information?

Thanks,

Hi @anthony.woodard91,

I’m glad to hear that the issue has been fixed :blush:

Regarding the new beta features, please check out this post I made in the original plugin thread. You can also review the updated documentation fields for the beta features. If you have any specific questions about them, I would be more than happy to assist!

We are still in the process of creating a demo for these features, so please bear with us :pray: