Services Plugins FAQs

Bookings & Appointments Template

Let’s discuss everything about Bookings & Appointments Template here :slight_smile:

Hi Levon,

Regarding the inbox, I noticed that one gets confused as to which thread is being read as well as to which thread has a new message. How do I get to have “new message red bubbles” showing for each thread (instead of only the top header message icon), and how do I get to have the thread being read showing with a different background color?
Also, is it possible to allow for users to message attachments as well as URLs?
Finally, it would be helpful for each thread to have a title in order to reduce inbox confusion.
Looking forward to your feedback,
Thanks-

right now this is not implemented in the template’s database structure. We have a field called “new message” in the user table (it’s a yes/no field), so when there is a new message we mark it as yes (even if there are 2-3 new messages, doesn’t matter), and once the user goes to the messages we mark that field as no, supposing that the user read the messages. You can try improving this by enabling “new message” field in the “message” table of the database, set it as yes when the message is created and set it as no only when the message is clicked and read. Based on that field you can do conditional formatting for other elements, like put a bubble on each message and in the conditional tab of that bubble, indicate, when the “new message” is yes, then make it visible/otherwise by default it’s invisible, same for the background color etc.

yes, it’s possible althgouh attachments will be stored as URLs to the file which the receipient can click to download. The best practice would be to add another field in the message table for attachment and one for the URLs and add those fields on the message form

you can easily add one more input and modify the workflow for creating the message etc. This is possible.

Thanks!
Levon

Subdomains:
Is it possible to have a subdomain, in spanish for instance, https://es.appointmenttemplatebubble.is that shares in the same database, allowing both visitors to domain and subdomain to communicate with one another, in terms of listings (be visible on both), bookings (a user from the subdomain can book a listing originally posted in the domain), messaging (subdomain user messaging domain user)? If so, how can I go about it?
Thanks!

yes that’s possible, there are 2 ways to do that
either copy the app and put a different subdomain for the second app. then you will need to use Bubble’s app connector plugin to connect 2 apps with each other. These apps will live separately and any work on them would have to be done twice

or you can create a sub-app from your main app - the sub app will always be the same as the main app except the database, domain (subdomain) and other app specific parameters. To connect the 2 apps you would again need to use the Bubble’s app connector plugin. Sub -apps are possible on team plan and hire (if i’m not mistaken)

but why do you want to have different subdomains for separate language?

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

let’s stay in touch on twitter!

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

Seems like to more elegant way would be to use the team plan on bubble and access the sub-app feature.

If using the first option, is it challenging to install the plugin and get the two apps to share listings and the ability to book and message? Is there any pitfalls I should be looking into?

To your point, how do we get to offer different language options on the same domain (whether in a language dropdown, or via geolocation API detection)?

Thanks, Levon!

it shouldn’t be very difficult to set up the app connector and exchange data.
But really, it would be much more simple for you to manage everything within 1 app.
in order to show separate languages on the same domain the easiest solution is to use the ?lang parameter
for example yourdomain.com or yourdomain.com etc. And then the content and workflows can be based on the condition of that parameter. I would suggest you keep everything within 1 app to save time and efforts.
Levon Terteryan

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

Thanks, Levon. Appreciate you taking the time.

1 Like

If using yourdomain.com/?lang=es for instance, can I use a different UI style, in terms of colors, sizes, buttons and even blocks?

yes, all that is possible

I signed up via Google and then I can’t login using my Google credentials. It says that the email address already exists.

Also, when signing up via Google/FB, the screen just hangs there for a few seconds before passing you off. Is it possible to grey the screen or show some sort of progress?

we are investigating these issues, will post here once fixed.
Thanks

Hi there,
we have fixed both Google and FB login issues.
Please give it a try and let us know if anything is still not working properly
thanks!

Levon Terteryan

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

The inbox is very confusing. When multiple new messagesare received, we don’t know which conversation has a new message, and when reading a message, we don’t know which conversation is being read.

Thanks for your feedback, we’ll include inbox improvements to our roadmap.

Levon Terteryan

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

Do you have a timeline?

Not very soon, I’m afraid as there are many things in our roadmap.

Hi levon

Does any payment methods on this template?
As example, after the booking is confirmed, payment must happen, and money will go to the app owner.
How many type of users, customer, provider, admin?
Where to register to provider and where to read and sign agreement.

Thank you.

Hey,
sorry for a delay replying here.
This template integrates Stripe with the marketplace setting. It means when the booking is confirmed, the client is charged and the money goes to the service provider (app owner keeps just the commission).
However any of this can be changed and modified. You can add other payment methods, or replace the current setting
For type of users there are clients and service providers. Admin has access to everything in the app. More user types can be defined depending on the requirement.
When the user signs up there is a button “become an instructor” - that’s basically to become a provider. You can change the wording of the buttons or have a separate onboarding flow for the providers.
Which agreement did you mean to sign?

Levon Terteryan

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses