Services Plugins FAQs

Borders in auto adjust cell width plugin

Hi guys, I’m new to this plugin, so I paired the ID attributes and I got a really tight cell autofit as below.

Before

After ID entered

how can I increase my cell size to make it look more like before the ID is entered but still show width distinction between different cells? (so the text does not push all the way to the cell limit).

Hi @aqualoop

Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the late reply.

Please ensure that the margins are correctly set up in the plugin’s element so that the text does not push all the way to the cell limit. Also, please let us know the exact settings you have in the plugin element, and if you are using the new responsive setting too?

Also, for an example of the setup, please see our demo editor: Zeroqode-demo-22 | Bubble Editor

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi Kirill, thanks so much for your reply, I am not using new responsive setting and thus did not check the box.

Below is my 1st attempt on the plugin

When I raised the left-right margins, it increased the distance between cells as follow

I am happy with auto-adjust width, am hoping for the text to have some margins from the cell border so it can look like this

image.

Is there anything I miss in my setup?

Hi @aqualoop

The settings seem to be correct on your side. However, due to the fact that we have some additional questions regarding your settings, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi Kirill,

I’ve invited zeroqode as collaborator. Please find the above RG is in the ‘Classes Group’.

I replaced the RG ID Attribute’s earlier entry (ID from html tag for horizontal scrollbar removal) with RG ID Attribute from ‘Auto Adjust Width’ plugins. That’s the only change done to the RG.

Hi @aqualoop

We’ve checked your application and found that you are using the buttons instead of text element. Currently, the plugin works better with the text as the padding of the text can be adjusted in the settings of the element. Therefore, I would suggest using the text element for your case.

You can also check out the configuration of the plugin in your app “zeroqodetest2” page just to see an example to see how the padding can be adjusted and the configuration of the plugin, or if you don’t need it, simply delete the page :slight_smile:

Hopefully, it helps!

Have a great day.

Hi Kirill, it works beautiful!! thanks a lot. Do you guys also have the same plugin for images RG horizontal scrolling?

1 Like

I am glad to hear that everything works well! As for the same plugin for images, unfortunately, we do not have such plugin :frowning:

In case you have any other questions, just let me know!

Thanks.

Hello Kirill,

I tried to apply the autoadjust in chat message vertical-scrolling RG and there is no effect on the message text length. Matched the RG ID with the Attribute ID in Messages RG, but no impact.

Is there anything I’m missing? The only change I made with the previous application is from horizontal to vertical.

I’ve included support@zeroqode.com a collaborator, would really help if you can help locate where the problem is.

Cheers.

Hi @aqualoop

Thanks for the details. We will check your application and see what might be the problem. As soon as the investigation is completed, I’ll get back to you.

Take care :slight_smile:

We’ve noticed that you do not have a subscription for the plugin. You’ll need to resubscribe, for the plugin to work again :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day.

OK got it, thought that the plugins will carry over to a copied app if the original app version has the plugins. Will subscribe on the right app. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Great :slight_smile: In case you have any other questions regarding the plugins, just let me know :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Hello
I am having the same issue with the padding. I do not have an option to set the desired padding in the text element. I replicated all your settings by your demo editor. I do have only the text element in the RG element.
Btw in your demo page there is no padding option either. Did Bubble change something?

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 15.42.49

Hello, @floripaolo
Thanks for your question.

Please note that the Repeating group doesn’t have padding, only margins. Thus, you can’t see any padding on our Demo Page. This point wasn’t changed by the Bubble Team in their last Editor updates.

Using our plugin, you can set desired margins and padding here (in the plugin’s element):

Please check the plugin’s element and let me know about your result.
Best regards,

Hello @Ecaterina

As you can see in the screenshot in my previous message, I’ve set margins and paddings (v 10, h10). Changing paddings does not seem to have any effect. Margins (as mentioned in this thread before) are only affecting distances between text elements. Why are padding settings in your demo all 0, still resulting in a correct view then?

Hello, @floripaolo
I’m sorry for my long reply here.

I’ve just tried to replicate your settings ( as in the screenshots above) and even in this case, all the borders for the text displayed correctly:

I would suggest you enable this checkbox:

Please try it and let me know how your text will be displayed with this checkbox.
I will be looking to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Hello @Ecaterina
It seems that we are replicating each others settings…
I tried to check the new responsive feature but nothing changes.
Basically the Margins settings works fine, but the padding settings does not have any influence.
Btw the page is built with the legacy editor.

Cheers

Hello, @floripaolo

Please note that Bubble regularly updates the Editor with various features that will only be available on the new responsive engine. That’s why I would recommend that you consider upgrading to the new responsive platform engine in order for the app to work correctly.

Please allow me to check with our team the functionality of the paddings within this plugin.

I will revert to you ASAP.

Best regards,

Hello @Ecaterina

I will certainly update sometimes in the future.
But since:

1. Your own demo page is built with the legacy editor and
  2. There is the option to choose between the two editors

I assumed that this plugin would work for the basic feature it has been built for.

Thanks