Services Plugins FAQs

Bubble Page to PDF - New Plugin from Zeroqode

@levon Can you clarify what you mean by “The Format”? Do you mean Letter vs A5?

No the issue with the map is still there.

yes

ok we’ll check out the map issue

Anyone else having trouble having their PDFs download recently? For some reason mine stopped working and there was nothing I did differently. Any changes that broke the plugin recently? Mine specifically is when I try to do a multi-page PDF.

Ok, so i figured out that after 1.14.0 is when the problem started.

We’ll check this out, Jason

Thank you. Much appreciated.

@malife Hi Mariano, we have solved your issues with map printing and scaling, pleas upgrade the latest plugin version, refresh the editor and retry
thanks!

Hello @levon thanks for investigating this issue.

As you can see below, the issue is not entirely fixed. The first row now prints correctly but the second row is still off site. I am using plugin version 1.17.

we’ll check this out

we have fixed this, please upgrade the plugin version and retry, thanks!

@levon, we are getting closer. The maps now show correctly! Thanks for looking into that.

However the behavior for “Ignore Element IDs” changed.

In 1.17 I could have multiple elements with the same ID and all would be ignored. Now, in 1.18 I noticed that only one was being ignored, so I tried putting a new ID and add it to the list.

However, is only ignoring the first element it finds in the list. See my image below:

Hi Mariano, we have fixed this bug, please upgrade to the latest plugin version and retry
thanks!

1 Like

Hey @levon, is there any way to trigger the Bubble Page to PDF plugin when you want to convert a different page other than the one your user is currently on?

For example… I’m using SelectPDF at the moment (but would switch over to you all if I can do the same thing with Bubble Page to PDF) and when my user clicks on a “Create PDF” button, the Workflow triggers an action where it creates a PDF from a different web page on my web app. Can your plugin do that? I see all the demos and documentation on how to do it when you’re viewing a current page… but I want the plugin to create a PDF of a different page within my site. Does that make sense?

at the moment it’s not possible, because server side plugin that uses an external library would be required, and Bubble doesn’t support that yet

Ok, I appreciate the response. If this ever changes… please post an update on Bubble’s forum. I would subscribe to your plugin in a heartbeat. SelectPDF is overpriced.

1 Like

I was using the demo and wanted to see how a pdf would render if the screen was a different size. I tried the “Convert Page to PDF” at the top and got the same results as if I put 960,1400 in the “Document format [W,H]” input and clicked the “Submit” button. The PDF is rendered according to screen size the inputs seem to have no effect. Is this a bug? Is there a way to control the rendered size of the elements in the PDF?

Hello @kyle.

Sorry for late reply, give a try once more. We changed the default source values and the format was set to custom, due to that the image would render to fit A4 format page.
Here’s the demo: https://zeroqode-demo-01.bubbleapps.io/version-test/page-to-pdf
Adjustments of render can be made in the demo.

Thanks for understanding.
Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

Fiddling with this plug in, have a few things that i struggle with:

How do i get it to print centered on page? (printing a group element)?

How do i get it to always print a fixed size regardless of device size.?

How do i get to print from a phone (not responding on galaxy s6 edge)?

Why does it break very early in page before going to next page?

Hi there, @cheskiefisch

If I understood correctly, an element should be printed in the center of a page. Then you’d need to use the setting convert by it’s ID:

For this, you’d need to set up the target output resolution:

We’ll need to check this out. Could you please offer details, which OS version you’re using and which browser you’ve tested out for this. Thanks.

Because you’ll need to arrange the content that way so it’ll not break earlier. What I mean, every element has a size so you need to create a UI that it responsive to plugin’s settings. Also you could tweak the settings of the source file:

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Dumitru.

@cheskiefisch Hello.

Sorry for a delay here, regarding the issue with printing from a phone as you said it does not respond.

The devs did check it out internally and the plugin works fine on mobile, the best way is to update browser to latest version and use the final version of plugin.
Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Dumitru.