Services Plugins FAQs

Bubble Page to PDF - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Willing to export your page, but you don’t have the right tool installed? This “Page to PDF converter” plugin will let you do just that without any external API or subscription.

This plugin is capable to export either the whole page or just a signle element assigned by its ID into all known formates like A4 B5 and others, the same as exporting into custom paper sizes that you specify in settings.

For instance, this plugin will be extremely helpful, if you own an online shop and you want to allow your sellers to generate their product catalogues, or if you own an HR site offering any CV and profile builders.

IMPORTANT UPDATE 27-th of August 2020
Plugin comes in two versions
(old) Convert To PDF element + Page break and actions which are provided as is
(Updated or New) Convertor To PDF v2.0 and actions which are not compatible with older version

a quick demo page - zeroqode-demo-01 | Bubble Editor
PDF
For instructions how to set the ID attribute to a Bubble element please visit this ID attribute guide

For details, screenshots and demos please visit Plugin Page.
If you have questions about this plugin or need any help, please reach out at Zeroqode Forum

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

1 Like

Great stuff @levon… Looks like the latest version is working well, however the charts are not retaining scale. Do I have any control over that, or can adjustments be made to your plugin? See the examples here:

I’m only allowed in this forum to post one picture, so here is the output of the PDF so you can see the scale issue on the charts.

Thanks!

–Ken

Hi Ken, we’ll check i out and I’ll update here, thanks

Hi Ken, did you try playing with different width and height parameters etc?
If yes, and it still doesn’t work, please post the screenshot of the plugin properties to see how you configured it.
Thanks

Yep, tried difference parameters, but I’m thinking since I am creating a pdf from a single element, the height and width of the conversion, would be best if matched to the width and height of the actual element…no?

Here are the current parameters:

And here is a screenshot of the monitor display so you can see the difference…everything else is scaled properly, just not on the charts.

Thanks @levon for taking a look.

Hi Ken, please try enable the “auto” option for the source format… It should help with your issue, if not please add bubblestore@bubblewits.com to collaborators of your app and point to the place we should look please
thanks

Hey @levon Yes, tried that early on, but does not impact the charts, and actually degrades the overall output. Collaborator invite sent. Thanks. This is on page dashboard.

Hey Ken, it seems the library that we used doesn’t play along well with charts. Not sure if it’s particularly amcharts or charts in general. We’ll try to see if there is a fix for that, but meanwhile maybe you could experiment with google charts or others to see if they get rendered correctly.
Thanks

The Chart tools side of the Chart Tools plugin, does work better than the amcharts side. I’m trying to move over to those, but amcharts still has a few added benefits. I wonder if it is the watermark of the license that causes the trouble since that is unique to amcharts?

most likely it’s because amcharts produces svg images which our pdf library currently does not support, but we’ll see if we can find a solution for this

Hi Levon-

I just subscribed to your bubblepage to PDF plugin for my app but am having a hard time making it work. I am trying to convert a large webpage (nearly 15000 px in height) to a multi-page PDF.

I have a few questions:

1. If I am using a 1280 page width can I capture the entire page in a PDF to print on a standard 8.5 x 11 paper? (I hope i don’t have to resize everything to 960 :confused: )

2. I am unable to get the PDF to generate at all. I tried following the workflow instruction from one of the bubblers in the bubble forum but it doesn’t seem to be working for me.

3. If I can’t get this working on my own, do you offer any assistance to get this up and running ? I am happy to give you access to my app if needed.

Thanks!!

@levon

I’ve made a lot of progress and am not getting the PDF to generate.

It looks like I can, in fact use 1280 width, but the document seems be be stretched vertically no matter how much I play with the height of the document. Any ideas on how to get the proportions right?

Thanks!

1 Like

did you check links to the editors of both examples as well as the documentation?
https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/bubble-page-to-pdf

we have made an important update to the plugin we have added a field called “Pagebreakers element IDs”
so in this field you can specify one or many IDs (comma or enter separated) so that the plugin will create a new page after those elements. Any element can be used as a pagebreaker now)
Hopefully this will give you more control over how the output pdf looks.
As always to give it a try install the latest version and refresh the browser
Enjoy!

Hey all,
we have managed to slightly improve the quality of output PDF. We added a “high quality” checkbox, when enabled the quality will be higher, but the rendering time will be a bit slower
would love to hear your feedback on this.
Thanks!

Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates

Bubble Plugins

Bubble Courses

Convert Web to iOS & Android

No-code Development Services

1 Like

I am running into two issues with the plugin.

1. Maps are not being printed correctly. A google map being shown is printed off its location and in the middle of table.
  2. Report shows scaling issues: Already tried recommendations about setting things to Auto and the report still shows scaling issues

See image below:

Any idea how to fix these issues?

Thanks,
Mariano

Hi Mariano, we’ll try to check this out and I’ll let you know once we have feedback

Thanks @levon. I continued looking into it and I noticed that if I change the width of the page to be 795 as in your example, the aspect ratio is now correct. So it seems like for now, in order to have the aspect ratio print correctly to the PDF, the width must be 795. Does this sound right or am I missing something?

maybe it depends on the format that you choose, how about the map, does it get printed correctly now?