Services Plugins FAQs

How to add ID attribute to HTML elements

Bubble allows setting custom ID attributes to almost any element. This might be very useful for using in various plugins or custom HTML/JS snippets of code.
Here is how to enable the option and set a custom ID

First, navigate to the app Settings → General tab, and tick the checkbox next to
"Expose the option to add an ID attribute to HTML elements:

then open the properties of any element and scroll down to the bottom, there you will see a field called “ID attribute”

you can use any static or dynamic values there.
If you installed a plugin where the ID of the element is required, this ID attribute will be the value to be used with the plugin.

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

2 Likes

Hi, this plugin has no request here and has had no update mentioned here since June 2018.
Also, I could not find it’s documention on your docs page?

Does it mean it’s not maintained anymore?

Guy

Hi @gyangting, thanks for reaching out.

We appreciate your interest in our Zeroqode plugins. We would like to emphasize that this thread was created for little guidance on how to add IDs to HTML elements, this tape is not mentioning any plugin of ours.

Please find all Plugins here, most of them have responsible documentation, as well you can view its Live Demo Page and Demo Editor for its Workflows and required Settings.

If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.
Regards.

1 Like
you can use any static or dynamic values there.
If you installed a plugin where the ID of the element is required, this ID attribute will be the value to be used with the plugin.

@levon @Igor
It doesn’t look like this field is Dynamic… Do you have any suggestions on how I can make it so?

Hey @marcusfarmer44,
Thank you for your message.

First, you will need to enable the ID Attribute in your elements by going to your Bubble app Settings → General and check the option “Expose the option to add an ID attribute to HTML elements”.

Below you can see an example of a Dynamic ID Attribute, simply click on the field ID Attribute and after Insert Dynamic data.

Hope it helps. :pray:

Let me know if you have other product-related questions.
Regards,

1 Like

I don’t know why this was NOT happening for me… but now it seems to be happening. I can see the “Insert Dynamic Data” blue button now. Thanks

1 Like