Services Plugins FAQs

đź—ş Bubble's Google Map Extender - New Plugin from Zeroqode

This plugin adds abilities to add layers, switch to 3d mode, track live, show directions, track route, display KML & more with bubble’s default map.

map%20extender

For documentation please click here: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/bubbles-google-map-extender

For details, screenshots and demos please visit the plugin page at: Bubble's Google Map Extender Plugin for Bubble | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode

Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120
Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

Just installed this and copied all your settings from the demo but I’m getting the strange error that the plugin is not installed when running it for anything but this bit is for Directions:

error: “Add Direction MapExtender A: You’re using this action but haven’t installed the plugin Bubble’s Google Map Extender”, but i have the plugin installed and the MapExtender is on the page.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi Josh,
This seems like a Bubble bug
i’d suggest to file a bug report here https://bubble.is/bug_report
thanks

Hi @levon. This is just what I am looking for so thanks for the great pluggin.
Is this still a bug? “Add Direction MapExtender A: You’re using this action but haven’t installed the plugin Bubble’s Google Map Extender”, but i have the plugin installed and the MapExtender is on the page.

I have also just purchased today and getting the same error?

Your help would be appreciated

Hi @gail thanks for purchasing the plugin, can you please also reach out to Bubble same way as suggested above? I believe they will be able to help you with that, if not please let me know
thanks!

Thanks @levon. All good now. A hint for new users. If you copy the template from the demo ensure you delete the MapExtender element then add your own with the same workflows.

hi levon, i have problems with the plugin, it throws me errors.

Hi, @nowxoel.

Sorry for the trouble, let me check it and offer an update asap. Right now we have a list of ticket queries and it may take some time, so please bear with us here.
Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
ZQ Team.

I understand, ok I hope, while I will look for an alternative solution for the app.

Hello, @nowxoel.

Checked the plugin and the demo setup, seems like the Track action works fine no errors whatsoever.
See our demo editor setup: zeroqode-demo-12 | Bubble Editor
Try replicate it. Also maybe reinstall the plugin, refresh the app and give another try.
Here’s the result of tracking and drawing a pattern actions from our demo:

Hope it helps.

Regards,
ZeroQode Team.

I’m sorry, but the errors continue, even uninstalling and installing the plugin again, it tells me the same thing and that I report it to the author of the plugin.

Hi, nowxoel.

Let us check it more thorough may take some time though, so please bear with us here. I’ll update on the matter.

Regards,
ZQ Team.

If I try to add the map to my page I will get the error

"ReferenceError: google is not defined at eval "

I do not find the mistake. Could anyone help me please?

ok thank you, while I’ll see what I can do.

Hi, @nowxoel

Please upgrade to the latest version of plugin and give another try.
Seems like the plugin actions are initialized before the map was loaded, so could recommend adding a pause with a couple of seconds before initializing the plugin.
Please try it out

Hi, @app-3
Please refer to our demo setup:

it should give an idea of it is set and should work. Also see the tip I wrote above to adding a few seconds before initializing the plugin actions.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

Hi all

My first time using this plugin. I am just trying to calculate a route (exactly like the bottom part of the Demo) but I have failed, my map doesn’t show the directions.

Can someone please give me a hand?

Thanks

Hello Mona,

First of all, could you take a look at plugin documentation https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/bubbles-google-map-extender-plugin

And make sure the workflow for the “Calculate route” button is set up correctly:

Please let me know if it helps!

Kind regards,
Olga

I’m also not able to get the directions to appear on the map, despite trying all sorts of suggestions in this forum and copying the exact requirements from the bubble demo. My map refreshes but no directions.

I checked the google API dashboard and there aren’t errors there. It just seems that map extender directions fail to load. I’m using my own domain so not sure if that could be an issue but I am out of ideas and don’t have much to go off of in terms of error reports/logs.

Turns out I needed to enable Directions API as well in Google Cloud Platform. That seems to have solved the problem.

1 Like

Hello, @cbazett.

Glad you’ve figured this out! Also for reference, Bubble has a requirement towards using custom domain and General service api keys found in settings under General Tab.

However regarding Directions API enabling, we added these in our plugin description as well for all users in order to get plugin working with the directions. Thanks for your insight, appreciate it!

If you like our plugin, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :slight_smile: The more feedback we get, the more motivated to build great plugins :slightly_smiling_face:

Kind regards,
Dumitru.