Services Plugins FAQs

Calendar from Google + Offline - Edit Event Error

1. Create an appointment on the Google Calendar
  2. Store the Event ID
  3. Use the Event ID plus new date and time to update the event
  4. Receive an error “The specified time range is empty”

Note that I’m using the same input fields to set the start and end for the “create event” process and the “edit event” process.

See the attached screenshots showing my configuration for both the Edit and Create

Edit

Create from a database trigger event.

For what it’s worth, I’m currently achieving an “edit event” feature by deleting the event and creating a new one. This is not ideal.

Sincerely,
Paul

Hello @pwharker, :wave:

Thank you for detailing the issue you’re encountering. I understand the frustration of having to delete and recreate events instead of simply editing them.

I will reach out to our development team regarding this error, “The specified time range is empty,” and suggest that they add an example of the correct process for editing events to the demo page. This should help clarify the intended setup and provide a direct solution.

I’ll keep you updated on any progress or insights from the development team. :pray:

Best regards,
Daniel.

Hi @Daniel.P,
It also helps to know how close the “(testing)” version of the plugin is to the release version. I still have some features that appear to work in the demo app but not in my app. Of course, I’m narrowing down all possibilities before I report an issue, but one variable is that the code is not the same between release and test for the feature I’m playing with. In this case, it’s “create calendar”.

The test version of our plugin is different from the release version in situations where we’ve made code changes, such as improvements or fixes. This test version undergoes checks before we release these changes to the public version to ensure everything works as intended.

If you’re noticing discrepancies, especially with the “create calendar” feature, and it’s working in the demo app but not in your application, we’d be keen to investigate further. Could you please provide us with more details about the issue? Specifics such as error messages, the steps you’re taking, and
screenshots would be helpful.

Once we have this information, we can delve deeper into the matter and assist you more effectively.

Best regards,
Daniel.

I’ve received an update from our development team regarding the “edit event” functionality. They have clarified how it works and provided a specific example that you can view and test on our demo page. Here’s the link to the demo: zeroqode-demo-11 | Bubble Editor

To ensure the date and time are set correctly when editing an event, it is important to format them as follows: 2022-06-25T14:00:00+03:00 This format includes the date, time, and timezone offset, which is crucial for correct processing.

Here’s how you can test the action on this test page:

1. Create a new event.
  2. Place its ID in the input provided on the page.
  3. Click the ‘Edit Event’ button.

The event’s start date and end date will be updated to April 25th and April 27th, respectively, as per workflow.

Please go ahead and test this functionality using the steps outlined. This should help you integrate and manage event modifications effectively in your application.

I hope this helps! If you encounter any issues or have further questions, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,
Daniel.