Services Plugins FAQs

Editable Data Table like Excel - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hey Zeroqoders
we have published a new plugin

Editable Data Table like Excel - This plugin lets you show your database content to a user in a very friendly and intuitive way (much like excel or airtable)

Here are the instructions how to make the plugin work.
Go to your app settings http://prntscr.com/inntef .
Go to API tab and enable option “This app exposes a Data API” http://prntscr.com/inntz1 .
Choose a data table which you’ll use in Editable Grid.
Go to Data > Privacy and choose fields which will be displayed in your grid http://prntscr.com/innwlr .
Go to Editable Grid settings and set your Data Type, columns and fields Unique ID which you want to display in Grid ( NOTICE! Columns name should be same as they`re in Database, upper and lower case should be respected ) http://prntscr.com/ino4y9 .

Here is the plugin page: Editable Data Table like Excel Plugin | Bubble

Demo page:

https://plugintests.bubbleapps.io/editable_grids

And some screenshots

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

let’s stay in touch on twitter!

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

Heya just subscribed for the plugin. I’m sure I’m missing something with setting it up. After making the API changes I think I’m entering the wrong details in the Data Type and Column fields. Should I enter them as they displayed in the Data tab on Bubble e.g. First Name or as the header appears in for example the csv export first_name_text? Thanks!

Hey there,
thanks for giving our plugin a try
you should enter the fields as they appear in your data tab (case sensitive)
same with the data type.
if it still doesn’t work please send us the screenshots of your data tab, plugin settings and api settings
thanks
Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

Thanks for the quick response. I found that my datatype ‘My People’ was returning a 404 error in the javascript console so renamed it to ‘MyPeople’ now it works a treat so far. Seems to only like expressions without spaces. Thank you!

Lastly I’m a little bit worried about Exposing a Data API and security. If I have the appropriate API settings in the Privacy tab is there anything to be worried about?

thanks for letting us know, we’ll try to fix this :slight_smile:

if you do the privacy settings right then I believe nothing to worry about
thanks!

Hi @levon, I’ve installed the plugin but keep getting the following error, any thoughts?

Hi Paul
I’m sorry to hear that.

It will help us a lot, if you share with us more details about your issue, the same as the exact page (URL), where the problem appears.
Thanks in advance.

I just installed it following the normal instructions (I think!). If you PM me I’ll send you a link to the editor page.

Thank you Paul,
It helped a lot. We have found the issue but we will need some time to fix it. I will update on this on Monday.

Regards,
Karel

Hi @karel, any update on this? thanks!

Hi Paul,

Sorry to keep you waiting. We are hard working on the fix. It appeared much more complex than we expected.
Will Keep you updated.

Hi @paul
Thank you for your patience. We have fixed the issue you referred. Please update to the latest version, and let me know, about the results :slight_smile:

Regards,
Karel

Hi, can this editable grid be used to facilitate workflow? It seems like no, but I wanted to check. If it could then it would fix on the biggest pains with Bubble which is creating a list of items for a user to select.

can you bring an example of what you mean please?

If I purchase this plugin, and create multiple sub-apps, do I have to buy the plugin for each app, or does 1 purchase cover my sub-apps?

Good question, I will ask Bubble support and will update here

here is the answer from Bubble

It’s one plugin - one app. So if there are sub apps, since it’s a different app, the plugin should be acquired or subscribed. It’s the same logic as subscription-based plugins.

We have just pushed an update that now supports fields which are a data type of another thing
For columns which are another data type you can indicate the data type and column from that data type that should be used in the grid using this syntaxis field1:datatype:field2, where field1 is from current data type, datatype is the linked table, and field2 is the field from the linked table that will be referenced

Is there a way to edit the column names that are visible to the user?

Hello, @jeremy.shubert
Thanks for your question.

If I understand you correctly, you are interested in renaming these fields:

Allow me to note that you can make it through plugin’s element:

In case you would like to know more about this plugin, please follow these steps:

Please let me know if any additional question will appear.
Best regards,