Services Plugins FAQs

đź“Ť Fastest Google Places Autocomplete - New Plugin from Zeroqode

This is a client side version of Google Places Autocomplete service because it runs in the client’s browser instead of Bubble server and also for that reason it retrieve’s user’s accurate location (not Bubble server’s)
This plugin returns the following data based on user search:

1. Name
  2. Full Address
  3. Short Address
  4. Icon
  5. Latitude
  6. Longitude

For details, screenshots and demos please visit the plugin page: at Google Places Autocomplete Plugin for Bubble | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode

Link to documentation: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/fastest-google-places-autocomplete

Google%20Places%20Autocomplete

Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120
Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

I have some problems with plugin when I try put it inside a floating group and popup.

The autocomplete box is opening behind these elements.

hello, thanks for reporting this, we’ll try to fix and update, but it might take time

@wagner hello, we have pushed a fix, please upgrade to plugin’s latest version, refresh your browser and give it another try
thanks!

1 Like

Hi @levon hanks for this great plugin! Quick question…are you able to have two inputs on the same page and have autocomplete work for both of them? Having trouble doing that. It always works for one of the inputs but never for the second, third, fourth, etc. I have a page where I have a mobile search box and a regular desktop search box that is in two separate inputs so would love to have it work for all of them on the same page.

Hey Jonathan,
we have received the same request on a separate thread, and we’ll look into this. thanks

Thank you, Ievon!
It’s working now

1 Like

Hi ! Have an issue with Google Places Autocomplate. Is it possible to have a state with the exact same thing that the selection box return? I have an issue where if I select using keyboard (arrow/enter) this work fine, but when I use mouse, this will only save the typed text and not the selection made to DB. (example I star typing Thon Hotel Asto (and the list return me the full addres without number like Thon Hotel Astoria, Dronningens gate, Oslo, Norge) If I click with mouse, DB will save Thon Hotel Asto. But if I use the arrow and enter this will save the complete Thon Hotel Astoria, Dronningens gate, Oslo, Norge (there’s some difference with the long, short address that is merged with place name. But i’n some case, the place name will be the same thing that the first part of the address)

You can try to replicate by adding a Workflow that will store the entered text/selection into a text field.

Hi there @ff591377

We are checking the issue and will push a fix for this. I’ll be back to with an update asap.
Thanks for understanding.

Thanks. I was wondering if this is possible to saved to s3 (bubble storage) the Photo url? I tried but didn’t have the option to do it. (The reason is that we cannot use imgx to process the image because it’s not on the bubble storage)

Hello.
It is definitely possible to save the Image’s URL to Bubble internal storage. Simply you could add a button save to db the image.
Create a field in database of image type and then on button click you transmit GoogleAutocomplete image’s url to this field.

But there could be other ways, so it’s up to you how you set the flow.

Regards,
Dumitru.

This is what I do, but the url is the one from google, not the one :saved to s3. So this is not on Bubble Storage. Because of that, imgx will not apply.

I would love to be able to read the text input value when there is no matching google autocomplete. Is there a way to do this? (I can’t even trigger something when the text does not match the google autocomplete, this would at least allow me to send the client to a pop up that says "this address is not found on google maps)

Edit - in fact, if I revist an autocomplete, and change something, the input appears to stick, but the new value doesn’t save anywhere (sending my worker to the wrong address)

I take it all back. The best I can figure, the fact that my input content format was for “address” instead of “text” was messing things up.

After changing it to text, I can now access the text when it doesn’t autocomplete.

1 Like

Hello there @jeffmccutcheon, thanks for reaching out, so the problem is solved alredy?

Or you still have issues which I can help you to fix.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

Hi there - I’m getting an error that I believe is coming from this plugin. I ran it in safe mode and did not get the error from Bubble, and this is the only new plugin I am using on this page. I can send my repro steps if you’d like. I’m only using the autocomplete, not the map right now. Here is the text of the “General error” error message:
“Sorry, we have encountered an unexpected error. Please file a bug report (Help -> Report a bug), including error code 1572374804950x466959376404193900 and a step-by-step explanation of how to reproduce this issue.”

Hello there @johanna.white, please could you make an short video with step by step explanation, and provide me a screenshot of the action settings or Element settings.

I will try to reproduce it, then we will fix it.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

What’s the best way to take a video of the error? Yikes this is alot of work. What does the error code mean on your end?

Hello @johanna.white, the best way to record a video to use Loom. The error means a few things, that may be overloading of the page with events or wrong connection of plugin.

Also, you can provide us with access to your app, adding support@zeroqode.com to collaborators of your app, and pinpoint the issue page name.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

Hello! I grabbed this plugin after a conversation over in the Bubble forums, about trouble with their standard search box selecting geographic values when unfocused.

The plugin element seems to solve that issue, but I was wondering if it’s possible to replicate any of the standard search box’s features that I missing now that I’m working with an input field through the plugin. Specifically, the typeahead feature, where the input is filled in with the dropdown’s first item, as the user types? And Tab key completion to go along with that?

Separately, is there any way to disable the search defaulting to the user’s local area? I assume this comes from the client side aspect.
Would there by any other way to limit the search results? Like cities only?
Lastly, am I able to modify the dropdown at all? For example, to highlight results that are local, or cities, countries, etc.