Services Plugins FAQs

šŸ“ Fastest Google Places Autocomplete - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hi ! Have an issue with Google Places Autocomplate. Is it possible to have a state with the exact same thing that the selection box return? I have an issue where if I select using keyboard (arrow/enter) this work fine, but when I use mouse, this will only save the typed text and not the selection made to DB. (example I star typing Thon Hotel Asto (and the list return me the full addres without number like Thon Hotel Astoria, Dronningens gate, Oslo, Norge) If I click with mouse, DB will save Thon Hotel Asto. But if I use the arrow and enter this will save the complete Thon Hotel Astoria, Dronningens gate, Oslo, Norge (thereā€™s some difference with the long, short address that is merged with place name. But iā€™n some case, the place name will be the same thing that the first part of the address)

You can try to replicate by adding a Workflow that will store the entered text/selection into a text field.

Hi there @ff591377

We are checking the issue and will push a fix for this. Iā€™ll be back to with an update asap.
Thanks for understanding.

Thanks. I was wondering if this is possible to saved to s3 (bubble storage) the Photo url? I tried but didnā€™t have the option to do it. (The reason is that we cannot use imgx to process the image because itā€™s not on the bubble storage)

Hello.
It is definitely possible to save the Imageā€™s URL to Bubble internal storage. Simply you could add a button save to db the image.
Create a field in database of image type and then on button click you transmit GoogleAutocomplete imageā€™s url to this field.

But there could be other ways, so itā€™s up to you how you set the flow.

Regards,
Dumitru.

This is what I do, but the url is the one from google, not the one :saved to s3. So this is not on Bubble Storage. Because of that, imgx will not apply.

I would love to be able to read the text input value when there is no matching google autocomplete. Is there a way to do this? (I canā€™t even trigger something when the text does not match the google autocomplete, this would at least allow me to send the client to a pop up that says "this address is not found on google maps)

Edit - in fact, if I revist an autocomplete, and change something, the input appears to stick, but the new value doesnā€™t save anywhere (sending my worker to the wrong address)

I take it all back. The best I can figure, the fact that my input content format was for ā€œaddressā€ instead of ā€œtextā€ was messing things up.

After changing it to text, I can now access the text when it doesnā€™t autocomplete.

1 Like

Hello there @jeffmccutcheon, thanks for reaching out, so the problem is solved alredy?

Or you still have issues which I can help you to fix.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

Hi there - Iā€™m getting an error that I believe is coming from this plugin. I ran it in safe mode and did not get the error from Bubble, and this is the only new plugin I am using on this page. I can send my repro steps if youā€™d like. Iā€™m only using the autocomplete, not the map right now. Here is the text of the ā€œGeneral errorā€ error message:
ā€œSorry, we have encountered an unexpected error. Please file a bug report (Help -> Report a bug), including error code 1572374804950x466959376404193900 and a step-by-step explanation of how to reproduce this issue.ā€

Hello there @johanna.white, please could you make an short video with step by step explanation, and provide me a screenshot of the action settings or Element settings.

I will try to reproduce it, then we will fix it.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

Whatā€™s the best way to take a video of the error? Yikes this is alot of work. What does the error code mean on your end?

Hello @johanna.white, the best way to record a video to use Loom. The error means a few things, that may be overloading of the page with events or wrong connection of plugin.

Also, you can provide us with access to your app, adding support@zeroqode.com to collaborators of your app, and pinpoint the issue page name.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

Hello! I grabbed this plugin after a conversation over in the Bubble forums, about trouble with their standard search box selecting geographic values when unfocused.

The plugin element seems to solve that issue, but I was wondering if itā€™s possible to replicate any of the standard search boxā€™s features that I missing now that Iā€™m working with an input field through the plugin. Specifically, the typeahead feature, where the input is filled in with the dropdownā€™s first item, as the user types? And Tab key completion to go along with that?

Separately, is there any way to disable the search defaulting to the userā€™s local area? I assume this comes from the client side aspect.
Would there by any other way to limit the search results? Like cities only?
Lastly, am I able to modify the dropdown at all? For example, to highlight results that are local, or cities, countries, etc.

Hello there @nicedwar, we will check this one request, and I will be back of a matter ASAP.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

Hey @nicedwar, regarding the question above, you are able to define some restrictions regarding the location here, but the modifying dropdown isnā€™t possible.

And regarding the message below, I will be back ASAP.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

Thanks @Nikita.S

I will see if I can set broad restrictions or something. Could you look into something like disabling ipbias in Google Places, and exposing that to the plugin?:

Also Iā€™d like to report a possible bug. When I select a location from the dropdown by clicking on it, the value of the input doesnā€™t change from what the user originally typed in. So if I type ā€˜sanā€™ and click ā€˜San Diegoā€™, the value stays as ā€˜sanā€™, although the visible text does change to ā€˜San Diegoā€™.
If I type ā€˜sanā€™ and use arrow and Enter keys to make a selection, the inputā€™s value changes properly to reflect the visible text. The dropdown selections seem to highlight in color with the keyboard as well, but gray with the mouse.

Mouse selection keeps old value (same for mobile I believe):

Keyboard gets correct value:

It would be great if this could be fixed, as Iā€™d like to try clearing the userā€™s location selection if the value of the input changes, but I canā€™t do this currently.

Hello @nicedwar

Sorry for late response here, let me jump in here.

Please give us some time to check this out, weā€™ll be back to you with an update on the matter asap.
Thanks for understanding. :pray:

Regads,
Dumitru.

Hello @nicedwar

Sorry for late reply, weā€™ve working things out with the plugin and we pushed an update regarding the bug youā€™ve encountered with the input and state of the input youā€™ve been getting.

As far as IPBias goes, Iā€™m afraid we can not implement this and itā€™s an out of scope feature which will require a lot more to rethink in plugin right now.
Thanks for understanding. :pray:

Please upgrade to latest version of plugin, place the element on page, follow the instructions setup of the demo, refresh the page and give it a try.

Cheers.

Hello @Dumitru. Thanks for the update. I can confirm that the inputā€™s value seems to be properly updating now. Do you know if there is anyway do directly set or clear the autocomplete elementā€™s data when the inputā€™s value changes? I was hoping to implement this, but I donā€™t see any set or clear functionality exposed. Is it all handled internally by clicking the dropdown?

I see that the new 1.12 update returns ā€œentire selected addressā€. Is this necessary to properly set the inputā€™s value? Previously, the input was filled in with a much nicer combination of Place Name and Address. Can this info be set to the inputā€™s value? Just the address can be ugly/unclear sometimes. Iā€™ll attach examples:

From the documentation I linked before, I am guessing that there might be ways to use the Places APIā€™s address_components[] to get the best output.

Hello @nicedwar

Sorry for late reply here. :pray:

We checked the requests, and fixed the display of the names in the input alongside the address and added new action for Autocomplete Element, to Reset the Element.
Please upgrade to latest version of plugin, refresh the app, and give it a try.
Thanks.

Regards,
Dumitru