Services Plugins FAQs

Fuzzy Search & Autocomplete - General Error when in Reusable Element

I’m trying to build a custom search box in my navigation bar. The bar is a Reusable Element. I have the plugin working fine with the search box when it is just on the page.

But when I set it up identically in the nav bar as soon as I start typing Bubble produces a red General Error.

It works fantastically when part of the main page body, but doesn’t work at all in a reusable element.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @mflake,

Thanks for reaching out and using our products. Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce this error on our side. Could you please share screenshots and/or screencast of your app like all plugin settings, workflows and their settings as well, the exact steps to reproduce the error, describing what you’re trying to technically achieve and console logs or your browser. This way, we can get a better troubleshooting then provide feedback asap.

Best,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for offering to take a look. I’d set up a Loom to start recording, recreate one of my workflows and now it works!

Hi @mflake,

I’m glad it worked on your side as well. If you like our plugin so far, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor. You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves. The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins!

Thanks very happy to support you all, just did so!

1 Like

I am having the same issue. When I create a test page with just an input field and a repeating group to show search results, the plugin works as expected. However, when I use the exact same setup to put a searchbox in a reusable top nav bar, the plugin doesn’t seem to be getting any matches.

Hello,
Thanks for using our plugin.

Please allow us to investigate your issue and to revert ASAP.

Regards,

Hello, @trevor.goss

We have analyzed provided video with Plugin’s settings and would like to advise you on some changes that may adjust the plugin’s functionality:

• Unfortunately, you need to use only Input, but not SearchBox in your Reusable element (Header). Despite the similarity of these elements, their structure is completely different. Accordingly, for this plugin to work correctly, you must use only the input.

• Also, please check if you indicated the same Input ID in Element of Plugin and your Repeating Group.

We propose you make indicated changes and verify if all is working in the right mode.

Hope it will help.
BR,

Did you ever figure out this issue? I have been having the same problem using this in a re-usable element

Hi @dpaget21,

Thank you for getting in touch with us!

We’ve responded to your forum thread here: Search & Auto Complete in reusable element. Let’s continue our conversation there to avoid any potential miscommunication.

We’re more than happy to assist you :pray:

Wishing you a great day ahead :hugs: