Services Plugins FAQs

Google calendar offline plugin invalid format

Hi,

I purchased the google calendar +offline plugin recently but can’t seem to get part of it to work. My app has a calendar, and I believe I have successfully linked the in-app calendar to the current users google calendar when they sign in with it.

I would like when a user makes an event in their in-app calendar, for it to appear in their google calendar also. In the workflow I have a ‘create a calendar event’ step as follows:

(path) calendar_id: current users’ email
(header) content_type: application/json
(body) start_time: date/time picker A’s value
(body) end_time: date/time picker A’s value +(hours):1
(body) summary: Appointment with input e.g. John Smith’s value

However when I try it out, I get this error:

I’m not sure if it’s an error with the formatting of my date/time input, that maybe the google api can’t understand? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Charlie

Hey Charlie, yes, indeed, the issue with the formatting of your dates.
here is the format used by Google and tested by us to work
2017-09-04T14:30:00+03:00
this date is passed as a text value, so you basically need to push a text string which would be compiled of pieces returned by Bubble date field.
If you struggle with that send a screenshot of how you try to do that and I’ll try to help you out
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi levon, thanks for your reply. I’m pretty sure I’ve got this wrong, is it just the ‘formatted as:’ i need to change?

Here’s what I’ve got now:

Cheers

Looks good but instead hh:mm+hh:mm it should be hh:mm:ss+00:00
(you forgot to include seconds and the last +00:00 is the adjustment of the time zone which is not required I guess) - other than that it should be good to go, but give it a try and let me know if it worked.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Levon,

I’m still getting an error message but I think I’m nearly there, this is what I have now:

The error I am getting says:

invalid value for: invalid format:
“\2018-05-04P12:05:00” is malformed at “P12:05:00”

Thanks again

I wonder why Bubble sends P when it should send T
I would suggest you open a bug report with bubble at https://bubble.is/bug_report

1 Like

ok I’ll do that now

Cheers

1 Like

Hi levon,

I’ve spoken to bubble support and they have said I need to include the T outside of the formatted as:, reason being that T has a preset value being the first part of PM if you write ‘tt’. I still cannot get it to work however, you don’t know how I should write this with that in mind now do you?

Thanks

There is a way, I will try to describe it tomorrow morning.
Thanks!

So, here is how to do that,
First, choose simplified ISO for “formatted as” expression (see screenshot)

next, add :find&replace expression as shown on this screenshot

and voila

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks levon! That works great now

Cheers

Hi there! I’m actually having a similar problem… Although I’m no longer getting error messages. The workflow runs without displaying errors and behaves seemingly correctly. But, the calendar event just never shows up in Google. I’m not sure how to troubleshoot from here since I can’t find a way to understand what’s going wrong. Any help you could provide would be huge!

By the way, If I leave the attendee body and email blank, I DO get an error message about an invalid attendee email.

Here’s a screenshot of my settings.

Hello, Andrew thanks for reaching us!
Please try to fill out the attendee_email field, and comment to test if it is working after that.
Best regards, Vitalie.

2 Likes

Hello. I have a similar problem and a question.

PROBLEM:

I’m getting error messages on event change despite sending the email and that it’s showing up in the google calendar.

Here are the messages.

This is the Edit Event action

Do you have any suggestions ?

QUESTION:

What if I don’t want to send an email and comment to the calendar? It creates an invite type action in Google Calendar and I want to have a “normal” one. I’ve tried leaving them empty, but it’s throwing error messages.

Thanks in advance for your help :slight_smile:

Hi @dee,

Thanks for reaching out. Apologies for inconveniences created. As you already know, there are some issues regarding Google authentication. Let us also check on this use case and I’ll get back with a reply on this matter asap.

Best,
Alex

1 Like

Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate it. Looking forward to working with the plugin.

Hi @dee, as you might already be aware, we have fixed the auth issue. Please upgrade to the latest version of the plugin, refresh your app and give it a try.

As for this one:

The value for calendar_id would be best to set as Current User’s email or just me, so it will automatically understand and use the Google email.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you so much Alex.

Hi @dee,

I’m glad it was helpful. Just reaching out to ask, if you like our plugin so far, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor. You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves. The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins!

Hello,

I bought and setup the plugin and everything works great so far. But I still seem to have the problem editing a google cal event. It shows the error message that the event attendee is missing.
grafik

This is the workflow step:

When I add in a mail-adress it works fine, but I want to keep it empty.

Any ideas, what I might be doing wrong?