Services Plugins FAQs

Google Sheets (service) by Jarrad

Hi, @jarrad , @levon any chance you could come back to me before the weekend?

I replied to an email that appears to have sorted the date, but the numbers (and perhaps other formats) still have the non-defined value issue as per screenshot when trying to get them back from Sheets.

Thanks, R.3e8e60d648690a48cc39cdc69f70f8c266582585_1_690x439

@jarrad , @levon

Also, Iā€™ve noticed this issue a few times. Some (but not all - notice the last date Date P End (X for Y) is in the correct desired format) dates are formatted weirdly. As if in a different language. Consequently, the rest of the formulas that use these dates break.

Do you know what it is? Why? How to prevent?9b4fccb3f448753cf511fdae9851397e070ed279_1_689x403

@levon @jarrad Date issue happened again. Note this time it was the Date P End (X for Y) thatā€™s incorrect and causing formulas in the rest of the sheet to break.

Let me know, please.

It would be great if you could get back to me on my previous messages and posts, or at least a timeline of when you might.

Many thanks, Richard.

@levon, @jarrad

Happened again. Think it pushes dates in different languages when other calls are queued before it. Hope you can solve along with the ability to call numbers and strings back to Bubble.

Iā€™m trying to work out a way of correcting in Google Sheets if it happens but not there yet and not ideal.

Thanks in advance.

Please let me know.

@Levon @Jarrad

Have narrowed it down to it being French for some reason. Although it may differ each instance.

Although when it pushes Dec it pushes it as Dic which may Sheets way of displaying dƩc which is the French abbreviation for December.

Also the ā€˜foreignā€™ values are being formatted automatically by Google Sheets whereas the one correct value (December in this instance) are not formatted by Sheets.

Let me know.

Thanks, R.

Hi Richard,
Please accept our appologises that we kept you waiting so long.
The plugins from Jarrad are still quiet new for us, and we need some time, to understand theirs functions properly.
The way that bubble uses to format data, depends on the user settings on each individual PC. So some of your users may be located in France or having french copy of operating system, which makes theirs dates saved in own language.
In your case think will be enough to send the date formatted as ā€œmm/dd/yy hh:MM ttā€ (with the month formatted as number), and than use google sheet to display it as text.

Thanks for coming back to me Karel. Thatā€™s not it actually as Iā€™m the only user. The app is still in dev.

For the moment Iā€™ve got a workaround in Sheets to reformat dates (using a VLOOKUP) however they show up from the plugin from Bubble.

In terms of priority, Jarrad was almost finished with the Google Sheets (service) that he was developing. It brings dates back ok, but Bubble wonā€™t let the Get number or Get string call work because it says the data is undefined.

All the info is on Zeroqode forum posts Iā€™ve added to.

I canā€™t move my app forward without the Google Sheets (service) plug in being able to retrieve numbers and strings in the same way it successfully retrieves dates.

I was discussing with Jarrad the development of some custom function for what Iā€™m achieving (but not able to fully retrieve) by spreadsheet calculation in Sheets.

Would I talk to zeroqode about that now or Jarrad (although Jarrad isnā€™t responding to me at the moment).

Let me know please.

Iā€™m a little in limbo.

Many, thanks, Richard.

hello Richard,
sorry itā€™s taking so long for us to help you with this, we are a bit overloaded with the number of plugins we received, trying to process them all and get back on track.
So we have reinitiated all the ā€œget valuesā€ calls and, could you please check it out and let us know if it works?
If you still have any issues, we have a few other ideas to try, so hopefully this would be fixed.
thanks

Hi, @levon, thanks for coming back to me.

I refreshed the plugin page to see if it needed updating. It didnā€™t from my end.

I then checked the Get Numbers call and the same error as before occurred. See screenshot.

ā€˜Value should be a number but right now it is an undefined value.ā€™ - issue checker.

Note when I click Moreā€¦ it is empty - no options to select.

Let me know.

Thanks, Levon.

Also @levon - can you let me know how I move a Thing Id to Sheets an/d what call to use to get it back?

Richard, we have published a new version, can you please refresh the page, install the latest plugin version, refresh it again and give it a try?
please let us know whether it worksā€¦

didnā€™t quite get what you mean here, can you elaborate on this please?

Will check. I want to pass the ID string of a Thing (the 16-24 char string - or however long they are) - probably as a text string? And then get it back to a record of the same type.

as you can refer to a thingā€™s unique id and pass it as a string. But not sure what you mean by getting back a record of the same type from the sheet

Updated the plug in and itā€™s broke the Get Dates that were working and the Get Number is the same. Doesnā€™t work. See screenshot.

On the string. Understand I can pass it. But what about getting it back. I only see Get Dates, Get Numbers, Get Yes/No but no Get String or Get Text?

Letā€™s try and get Get Numbers working first if we can first

Thanks for working to sort this Levon.

R.

you can use formatted values, unformatted values, range, column - all these use text field types.
but if necessary I can create a separate one for text

just pushed another version - please update the plugin on your side and give it another try after refreshing the browser

@levon, thanks so much for this. Am now successfully bringing dates and numbers back from Sheets.

Iā€™ll continue testing as I move forward. Thanks again.

Great Richard, glad it works :slight_smile:

@levon can you confirm if Get Column, Row and Range are working as expected. Iā€™m not sure If I know how to get it to work at all. See screenshot. It doesnā€™t allow me to resolve the expression.

Iā€™m guessing itā€™s the same issue as the previous calls but this time related to lists of values needing to be defined to match the target field type in Bubble?

Reason I may need this as at the moment Iā€™m returning around 20 gets for each of 60 records.

At the moment Itā€™s taking around 5 to 10 minutes to get what I need back into Bubble and hoped this would be a possible workaround to speed things up so I can continue finalising the app and testing.

My intention is to get it all bottomed out so that I might have you guys (and / or Jarrad as discussed with him prior to your partnership) create a set of custom functions that would speed up the whole process so itā€™s fairly instant for the user.

All the calculations are pretty much there in Google Sheets creating the results I expect. My issue is getting the data back into Bubble fast enough.

Hope you can help.

Thanks, Richard.