Services Plugins FAQs

IP & Address Lookup - New Plugin from Zeroqode

hey Zeroqoders,
here goes one more plugin from Zeroqode
IP & Address Lookup - Retrieve visitor’s IP and Address information. Simply install the plugin element on the page (it can be made hidden) and retrieve then refer to its custom states to get required details about the visitor.

ip_Adres
Here is the demo page: https://plugintests.bubbleapps.io/ip_adress_lookup

Here is the plugin page: IP & Address Lookup Plugin | Bubble

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

let’s stay in touch on twitter!

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

I’m a bit confused how to use this plugin. I have placed in on the page, but where do results output? Is that something I need to setup?

Under information, it doesn’t seem it is referencing to any preset custom states. I’m fairly new to Bubble, so a fair explanation would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

after placing the element on the page, you can for example create a text element and inside refer to the plugin element - it will give you options to choose one of the custom states of the plugin (see the screenshot) - also you can refer to the plugin states from workflows same way

Alright, I got it pointed. Now, I think I have misunderstood the purpose of the plugin.

This shows the visitor their own IP? How I understood was we would be able to see who / which IP’s are currently viewing the page.

I have multiple users on a page at a time, and I’d like to track who is on the current page. I’ve had some users gain access and start messing with things, so I am trying to compare IP’s with other platforms to find out who it is.

Does this plugin do what I explained?

Hello,
it’s both for users and for you.
So for example you can setup a workflow on page load, to create a database entry (like new user) and save the visitor’s IP in that entry. And then you can run actions to help you filter out undesired traffic.
Makes sense?
Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

let’s stay in touch on twitter!

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

Hello!

I loved this plugin! But a few weeks after i’ve purchased it it stops working!

I place the plugin on the page, and when i try to retrieve the ip value (for instance showing the IP in a text, it doesn’t work).

Is anyone having the same issue?

Hey Ian,
can you give us access to your app please? vlad.betivu@zeroqode.com - we’ll check what’s wrong
thanks

Scratch this. This is an excellent plugin that works. Just some wrong setting with my computer that Zeroquode is working with us to fix!

Great plugin. Excellent buy. Can be used to improve security/privacy and access rules if you’re developing an app for your organization to use.

Great, Ian, thanks a lot for the feedback and glad it worked! :slight_smile:

Hello, Ian, seems that the problem was caused by AdBlock, we have replaced the plugin’s library, please upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh the browser and give it another try
thanks!

It WORKS :sob::sob::sob:!!!

You guys are amazing! This plugin is worth every penny no joke!

Excellent customer service!

Thanks Levon!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Ian, appreciate the feedback!

Is there anything else you know of that could block this plugin from working on a particular computer or network? I have some users in a corporate environment where nothing is returned from the plugin.

Also, another question - does this call google maps api somewhere? I have an error related to google maps api (https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#referer-not-allowed-map-error ) but i don’t have any references on the page to actual locations, no map, no geocoding, just text fields, so I can’t figure out what might even be trying to call the maps api.

Thanks!

Hey @shanon.hart, our team is analysing the issue now, I will be back with the response ASAP.

Thank you,
BR.
Nik.

Hello there @shanon.hart, so on the plugin uses the Google map API key, that’s why you need to add your API key in Settings, you can check it here.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

Ok thanks, I was wanting to avoid using google maps so knowing that for sure is really helpful. Thanks Nikita

Hey @shanon.hart, if you want to avoid using of API key, and you don’t need the ZIP code will be defined, you don’t have to use it.

I just need the user’s ip address, no geolocation information. Are there any updates on this not being blocked by ad blockers or uBlock? I’ve tried the ipiphy plugin and it is blocked by many web security apps. How is this different from ipiphy to prevent that from happening? Thanks!

Hi, @jared!

Thanks for reaching out!

We have tested our plugin and it works well and isn’t blocked by ad blockers and uBlock. If you’d like to see only the user’s IP address then use only the custom state IPLookup A’s IP. Please visit the Editor for plugin settings [here].(https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=ip_adress_lookup&id=zeroqode-demo-04&tab=tabs-1)

Hope this helps!
Best, Julia.

Hi, I am looking at different plugins as a way of getting some basic insights into who is visiting my app. This plugin looks like it would work well – however I have a basic/newbie question – how does the plugin get the information it shows?