Services Plugins FAQs

Is it possible to link username (@XXXXX), nickname and profile information when registering on Twitter using the Twitter OAuth 1.0a Plugin?

My Goal is to automatically link my Twitter username (@XXXXX), nickname and profile information when I register Twitter on the web service. Is this possible in the first place?

If it is possible, I realize that I need to use Twitter Plugin to achieve this Goal, but which Twitter Plugin is the best to use?

I will share my process.
I have tried two plugins so far.
The first one is the standard Twitter plugin provided by Bubble. The first one is the standard Twitter plugin from Bubble, but I’m aware that it doesn’t allow you to get the username (@XXXXX), nickname, and profile information, correct?

The second one is Advanced Twitter API here. I think this one is OAuth 1.0a.
https://bubble.io/plugin/advanced-twitter-api-1576577173630x158468562338447360

However, I read the following article from 2020 in Japan.

“Bubble requires the “API Connector” plugin to connect to the API, but the API Connector supports OAuth 2.0, but unfortunately does not support OAuth 1.0a.”

Do I need to use API connector for Twitter integration?

Is this true? If so, is it impossible to achieve the goal using the Advanced Twitter API?

By the way, I’m trying to link all my username, nickname, icon, and profile information using the Twitter Advanced API, but I’m stuck because I can’t pass the data properly. How can I debug this?
I can add your email account if you can.

I followed this tutorial exactly.
What do I need to do to achieve my goal?
https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/twitter-oauth-1.0a-plugin

Hi @hidetaka.ko, thanks for reaching out.
Please find below responses to your questions.

In case you would like to save the information from Twitter account to your Bubble account, then - yes, this is possible to achieve with the Twitter OAuth 1.0a Plugin, as one of the plugin’s action allows to get the user details.
Please see the reference: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/twitter-oauth-1.0a-plugin#twitter-get-user-details
In case I’ve understood you wrong, please share your use case for the request described above, to help me understand how can I help you.

Using the Twitter OAuth 1.0a Plugin would be enough for your case, there is no need to use the API Connector additionally.

Allow me to recommend using for reference the setup of the plugin demo editor page.
By checking and comparing settings/workflows with your app, you would be able to identify the possible issue.

Also, considering the error code 415 from the screenshot, it is possible that the used API keys are inserted wrong.

Allow me also to recommend the following.
As a first step, please try to replicate a simple functionality as per our plugin demo page and after that (when it will work properly) adjust it following your requirements.

Hope it helps. in case any other plugin-related questions will appear, please let me know.

Regards,

@Serg
Thank you for replying.
After I changed API keys, it works. Even though I can get through the Twitter signup, I can’t get past the part where I have to link my user information. I’ve been following the tutorials, but I can’t get it to work at all. Can you please take a look at it?

Hi @hidetaka.ko, thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear it helped. :slightly_smiling_face:

Besides the standard guides, to be able to save the Twitter username (@XXXXX), nickname and profile information within your profile, you need to add the corresponding workflow actions (related to “create a new thing”).

See the example here:

Summary*

*The example is shown for two fields, but it is up to you how many you would like to save.

Hope it helps. Have a nice weekend ahead!

Regards,

Is this the correct setting for callback?

@Serg

Thanks for the advice!

I followed your advice and did some experiments like using create a new thing to generate data. However, I could not solve the problem. When I looked at the database, I was able to create the ko table, but using Get User details to get the Twitter data doesn’t seem to work. I think the Twitter dev account is set up well.

How can I solve this problem? You can see my account too.

Hi @hidetaka.ko, thanks for your reply.

We’ve tried to test/identify the root cause of your current issue, within your app, and seems that the callback URLs and APIs of your current Twitter project are introduced wrong, unfortunately.

Please be sure to introduce the related callback URLs into your Twitter development account.
Within the “Callback URLs” section you should include all pages where the Twitter plugin is used/included, and on “Website URL” you need to indicate the general URL address of the application.
See the example on our demo page:

For example, we’ve created a zq_twitter_test page on your app, and its address https://magnele.com/version-test/zq_test_twitter should be also included in Callback URLs.

After that, within the “Keys and tokens” tab, please Regenerate/generate and insert all the related APIs and tokens in corresponding fields.

If everything will be done right, you will be able to authorize yourself on the zq_twitter_test page by the first button, then the next button “get details and save them” will allow you to save the data in the database, which after that will be displayed within the text element.

Hope it helps. Please let us know the result of your testings.

Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,

@Serg
Thanks for replying.
If I have set up my own domain, should I fill in the general URL with my own domain or the URL with Bubble.io?

Yes, you should indicate the URL with your own domain.

Regards,

Thanks.
Do I really need to Regenerate the key? Is it not possible to use the current key?

Please let us know the result of your testings.

It doesn’t work like below.
This is because I didn’t regenerate the key?

Yes, please regenerate/generate and insert all the related APIs and tokens in corresponding fields.

Regards,

@Serg
I did. But, it doesn’t work like below.

I updated two plugin’s corresponding fields like below.

Hi @hidetaka.ko, we’ve checked once again the functionality of our plugin within your app, and under our API keys & tokens, it is working well.
For your support, please see the video & screenshots: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Here is the workflow that will return user data after successful authorization

And the workflow that registers data in the database

To obtain the required result (login with Twitter account and link username, nickname, icon, and profile information to the bubble account), please follow the indications mentioned above, namely this part:

Hope it helps.

Regards,

@Serg
I did as you instructed. It should be done. What exactly is wrong?

The only page that involves Twitter login and signup is the https://magnele.com/version-test
This is the only page. And this page is added to the Callback URL as shown below.

Also, as a separate question, is it possible to make both Twitter login and signup the same button so that it works without problems?

With the current specifications, I get an error when I try to log in or sign up for the same account multiple times.