Services Plugins FAQs

Issue with PDF since latest update

The latest update (1.21.0) has broken things. The PDF document scrunches up text as in the screenshot. Any suggestions? All I did was to update to the latest version, and have not changed any of the settings.

PastedGraphic-2|612x340

Hello @kenl

Could you provide more details regarding the issue (screenshots / workflow setup / etc)? Which PDF plugin you’re referring to?
The attached screenshot is not displayed on forum. Could you revert back to previous working version of plugin for now.
Thanks.

Regards,
Dumitru.

Bubble Page to PDF Converter. Here’s what happens: Edocs-A4-3967-extras-A4_pdf

I have rolled back to an earlier version. Looking forward to a resolution.

Hey @kenl, could you please describe all the flow of functionality when you use Pdf convertor. Which element type are you converting what is the parent element of PDF element, in that case I will reproduce your issue and will find out how to fix it.

Thank you,
BR.
Nik.

So essentially PDF generated using the plugin from a page with text elements that have concatenated values from different fields (in this case, the address in a letter). Seem to affect small size texts with reduced line spacing.

@kenl Could you please be so kind and provide me some screenshots of settings your elements, and make short video with all elements which are involving in main feature action.

Here is a video. The address elements are the scrunched ones. It’s a fixed width page to print an A4 letter.

Movie

Hey there @kenl, so please could you please provide us access to your app, just add support@zeroqode.com to contributors and provide me a link here in private message.

Thank you,
BR.
Nik.

Hi @nikita, any updates on the error. As I mentioned on private messages, the issue only happens with the plugin is used through Safari on a laptop computer. Were you able to reproduce this? I am getting this error with different customers using the app from different locations and different Macs. So it is not just one machine.

Hello @kenl

I’m afraid Nikita will not be able to assist, let me jump in here.

Would you kindly specify more details, with your current setup, what is the issue, some examples of fresh screenshots , steps to reproduce the issue, workflow etc?
I see you’ve mentioned only Safari as browser, any additional notes, like OS version, browser version.

Thanks for understanding
:pray:

You mean you cannot see the previous messages in this thread? Issue with PDF since latest update

Hello @kenl

Thanks for checking back with.
I mean, there have been changes in plugin as well, there were changes in Bubble framework.
So I wanna be sure that you’re using latest version of plugin, bubble , etc.
Also I see you’ve mentioned that you’ve got the issue only on Safari browser, I’ve seen it’s MAC laptop.
So, by narrowing down the issue would help us better. Much appreciate the cooperation.
Thanks.

I see what you mean. I wish those changes could correct this bug - sadly hasn’t. We are on the latest plugin version 1.25.0, latest version of Bubble and the MacBook Pro is running Catalina 10.15.3. Safari version is 13.0.5

So all up to date. See the attached screenshot of PDF generated which illustrates how a multiline text is scrunched up.

bug

Hello @kenl

Thanks for details. We’ll take a look at the issue. However to clarify, the text is displayed inside a Multiline Input Element or a Text element?
Thanks.
:pray:

Text element. Some of the text is in a repeating groups. It affects some places not others, but always in reproducible places.

Hello @kenl

Sorry for late response here and thanks for patience! :pray:

We’ve checked multiple stands on different MAC and Windows devices, browsers Safari, Chrome, Firefox, however we could not reproduce the issue encountered.
I could recommend to try out and create a different page layout, group the elements and try printing by ID, via exposed ID Attribute to the elements.
Also if page is a fixed width, in output pdf try leaving an auto-size proportion instead of A4 page.
And another solution for now, would be reverting to a previous version of plugin - 1.20.0 .
Thanks for understanding.

Kind Regards,
Dumitru.

Please see this thread - Problem with Bubble Page to PDF converter

Looks like I am not the only one with the issue…