Services Plugins FAQs

πŸ”— - Link Info and Preview - New Plugin from Zeroqode

This plugin allows you to create nice looking link previews. Simply by supplying links it will return these states

Title: text
Description: text
Valid Url: yes/no
Inserted Url: text

Also, you can use plugin’s ready made UI to show link previews

image%20info%20and%20preview

For details, screenshots and demos please visit the plugin page: at Link Info and Preview Plugin for Bubble | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode

Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates

Bubble Plugins

Bubble Courses

Convert Web to iOS & Android

No-code Development Services

Is this using an API to get the link information? If so, is there a limit to the number of requests?

Hello @amcrossl23

The uses two methods to retrieve the link information. Either using the plugin’s visual element on page, or as an API request to retrieve the data.
However for the API request, there is no limit in place for the foreseeable future as far as we know.

Hope this helps :pray:

Please try the Live Demo to see that it works as expected for you. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Dumitru.

Thank you! Is there a way to change the standard UI? We have a dark mode on our app and would like to be able to change the button color away from the white background and pink button

Hello @amcrossl23

In order to customize the look for preview of your links, it is recommended to use the API data call. You can customize the design how you need using it.
See our demo setup: zeroqode-demo-14 | Bubble Editor

Please try this out! :pray:
Thanks.

Hu @levon

Not sure to fully understand this plugin.

I build an app where user record a video and share with his clients, a Vidyard like app.

I want to display a beautiful image when my user shares the link to his clients. However, bubble does not offer the possibility to custom open graph or meta tags and the link preview is really bad.

Can this plugin help me in displaying a good and unique link preview for each of the urls?

Hello @jv.hirigoyen

As plugin states, it 'll simply offer a preview of your urls in a nice looking thumbnail element.
In return it offers exposed states which can used.

Test it out on a demo stand: https://zeroqode-demo-14.bubbleapps.io/link-preview

Regards,
Dumitru.

Do you have documentation or a tutorial on how to set up and use the API call? Its not clear from the demo setup.

Thanks,
Josh

Hello, @hofst038. Thanks for reaching out.

I’m afraid the Link Info and Preview plugin does not need the API call setup for work. It only requires to use of the plugin element which is called LinkPreview:

You need simply install the plugin, place the plugin element on the page, and paste the URL into the Link field in the LinkPreview element.

But if you are curious about how to generally setup API calls, then I suppose these resources will be useful to you:
https://manual.bubble.io/using-the-bubble-api

I hope it helps. Take care.

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried using only the link element; however, I can not resize the preview. I am trying to fit the preview into the square highlighted in red:

The other issue is that the element takes up too much space for me to put on the page and none of my other inputs are usable.

Any work around for this?

Thank,
Josh

@hofst038,

I’m afraid, the plugin element size is not changeable, because it’s designed to be a fixed size since the container for the data inside is the same as provided within possibilities and best possible view. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I suppose, as a workaround, you need to change the design of your repeating group to fit the plugin element completely and avoid covering other objects within the same group.

I hope this info will be useful to you.
Take care :pray:

Hi zeroqode team ,I’ve purchased this plugin long time ago ,and i used to keep this plugin version on 1.4 ,because it works fine with me ,however it didn’t work anymore and it keep shows error when i add any links. i checked the demo page and it shows " missing element too please check it here :

-This is the error it shows me when i try to add link on my website ( plugin version 1.4 )
link sample : Link Info and Preview Plugin for Bubble | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode

• Error screen shot :
    link info error message

Kindly i need your help with that plugin
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @ciscotreasure, thanks for reaching out.

Thanks for noticing the issue on our demo page. I will check with our Devs team and get back with an update.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply , please keep me update
Have a nice day
BR

Hey @ciscotreasure,

Can you please install the version 1.6 of the plugin and check if the error will still popup on your side. In case this version will perform well, please keep it activated.

Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Hi @Greg.P thanks for the reply & support ,unfortunately i installed the version 1.4 but it keeps show me the same popup error message . please let me show you how i run this plugin :

1- I added a custom state in the main page , I called it " preview : Linkinfo (Link preview) .
Note: the value display by default

2- I created the database related to the Plugin URL inforamtion like (URL : image, title, description )
STEP 2 CREATE THE DATA

3- After click on the " add web url " button in the design page , the work flow works like this : create the Linkinfo(link preview ) IMAGE + Linkinfo(link preview ) TITLE

4- This is how the front end looks like :

But unfortunately when i add any link it show me this error
step 5

• When i installed the latest version of this plugin it show me " 16 errors " because the custom state it self not available any more and it affect almost all the data inside my app
    Thanks

@ciscotreasure, thanks for sharing the screenshots with your setup.
We will need some more time to investigate and fix the issue with API integration.
I will get back with a message once there will be any progress.

Thank you for your patience :pray:t3:

1 Like

Hello @ciscotreasure, hope you are doing well.

In order to check if the issue on your side was solved, and the error message does not appear anymore it is needed to update the plugin to version 1.9.0.

Let me know if this helps.
Have a good day!

1 Like

Hi @Greg ,thanks for the support and update , i installed the latest version and updated the custom stat and it works fine for me ,Thanks a lot for your effort . I will test it heavily and hopefully not facing any issues .
Kindly just a reminder ,please update the demo page too for other users in case they are interested in this plugin

Have a nice day and wish you best of luck
Thank you

1 Like

Happy to help. Good to hear that it worked for you after updating the states :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your feedback, will make sure the demo is updated asap.

In case you got a spare minute, and if you like our plugin you can rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and it gives it as many stars as it deserves.

Thank you
Have good rest of the day!

1 Like