Services Plugins FAQs

MapBox: Marker ID Bug

Hi guys,

I think I found a bug in the MapBox plugin.

This is the situation:
I want to display data belonging to a specific marker. As suggested by @Igor in a previous thread, I have linked the unique ID of the dataset to the marker ID of MapBox. However, for some reason the “Marker is Clicked” event is only run through with the marker ID that was previously saved. As a result, you always have to double-click on the marker to go through the workflow correctly. (please read ahead if it’s not clear what I mean)

Here’s how I recreated the error:

1. Based on some addresses in a data type “Store” different markers are placed on the Map via the “Add List of Markers” action.

2. When clicking on a marker, the “A Marker is Clicked” event is triggered and the workflow runs successfully (custom step 1,2 and 3 are set to “yes”). However, the problem is that the workflow is not run with the current “MapBox’s Marker ID”, but with the Marker ID that was saved before. This can be seen in the value of the currentMarker Custom State.

3. If you now click on a marker again, you will see how the marker ID is loaded with the ID of the previous marker. I made a recording to demonstrate the behavior: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

As a result, the data I want to display based on the clicked marker always refers to the previous marker. (in my example this is the place ID that I read from the database).

I suspect that the Marker ID is loaded after the “Marker is Clicked” event, rather than before. Is there a workaround for this or is it possible to fix the bug in the next update?

Here’s the test page I created:Canpass | Cannabis Geschäfte in deiner Nähe
And here’s the view-only access to my project (check out the “test” page): Canpass | Bubble Editor

I would really appreciate if you guys could help me out. I am stuck because of this bug and actually wanted to launch this weekend. :frowning:

Thank you,
Robert

PS: I found the same bug in this thread, but @Serg weren’t able to solve the issue because the user wouldn’t allow collaboration with zeroqode support on his project.

Hi @robkre1, thank you very much for your meticulous investigation.

The developer team has checked and indeed, there was an issue that will be corrected shortly in the following plugin update.
Once the update will come to live, I will let you know asap :pray:

Regards,

Hi @Serg,

that sounds great, thank you for your efforts!

Do you have a rough estimate of when to expect the next update? (so I can communicate to my stakeholders)

Best,
Robert

Hi @robkre1, the update is expected to come live in the following days.
Sorry for exact timeline so far, once it will become available, I will let you know asap :pray:.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @robkre1, thank you for your patience.

We have pushed a plugin update, that has fixed the above-mentioned issue (Marker ID bug).
To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.45.0: minor changes) and give it a try.

If there will be anything that we can help with, please let us know by dropping a message on the forum or via the intercom on our website :wink:

Have a good week!

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Serg,

I have now tested the situation after the plugin update and everything works fine now! Thank you very much for the great support and the fast reaction of the dev team. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @robkre1, thanks for letting us know that the issue is solved :hugs:

In case anything else will appear, just let us know, we will be glad to help.

Have a good day!
Regards,