Services Plugins FAQs

Maps Extender Issues

Hi all, I’m using the google map extender plugin. Generally the things it can do are great, but am having some issues in a number of areas.

1. Reset Map error / Map callback error
    I’m using the following workflow (- open popup - reset map - add directions. ) so I can add directions to different destinations on a map. Without a reset, 2 direction routes overlay each other when the destination is changed. But, having a reset is creating a callback error. This is the case on the first click, but often works on the second click.

2. UI - is there a way of turning off the UI - i.e. zoom functons and satellite while still allowing pinch zoom and markers to be present?

thanks guys

anyone here that can help. I’m having some instances when the map does not load until the 2nd time I press the button. It’s making the plugin almost unusable as doesn’t work first time

Hello @j.worthington,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting the issues.

We will inspect the issues you are facing and will come back with an answer ASAP.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hello once again,

To solve the first issue please add a pause before the resetting action. You can set the pause even to 0 ms. It is needed to make the loading process consecutive. So, your workflow should look like this.

And yes, it is possible to turn off the UI, for that you have to check the “Disable Default UI” box from the plugin’ element.

Best Regards,
Alex

Thanks, this completely worked.
I have a few situations using the same map for reseting and adding a new route when the route sometimes doesn’t loads, but it seems to be intermittent. I’ll check this and shout if it happens further

thanks

1 Like

Glad to hear that the issue is solved. Also, we published an updated version of the plugin with a few bug fixes. Please update the plugin to the latest version (1.14.0).

Regards,
Alex.

1 Like

Hi Alex, thanks for the help so far. I’ve got another one for you here that I can’t get around. Not urgent by any means.
I’ve been trying to set and display walking distance and walking duration (set to imperial), but the output is not correct. I think imperial is literally displaying feet and duration as seconds, not miles like 1.2 or minutes. I can’t seem to change this anywhere on bubble, map, or mapextender.

Hi @j.worthington,

We will investigate this issue and will come with an answer ASAP.

Best Regards,

Hello @j.worthington,

We checked the plugin and the results of the API call are always metric and the distance value is always expressed in meters. Unfortunately, even if you will set the Units type to Imperial it will not affect the result you get. We cannot fix that because the result is provided by Google. You can transform the data in Imperial using formulas like this:

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Alex

Thank you Alex. This worked for the minutes and I’ve now got kilometres set up.

There is something else I woulf like to ask. I’m trying to Track a user on an existing map in a very similar way as on your demo. The only point that differs is that Map A is a list of stores. I’m trying to track the user and add the live location of them onto the same map as the stores. Can a USERs location be added to a map with markers already set as STOREs?

MAP A settings (has an ID off Map1)
Map Extender B Settings (Google ID Map1)
Track user workflow

thank you

Hi @j.worthington,

Let me check this use case. I will do my best to provide an answer ASAP!

Regards,
Alex

Thanks Alex. No rush, thanks for the awesome support.

If it means anything what I’m trying to do is just something which you can normally do on Google maps. Display all starbucks stores for example and show the users location in relation to those stores. If possible then show the direction in which the user is facing… I understand this one is a bit of a long shot.

Thanks again

Ok, understood. It will be needed some time to check how this can be done. But once I will have a solution I will let you know.

Best Regards,
Alex

1 Like

Hello @j.worthington,

We inspected the plugin and in order to have your use case available will be needed an update of the plugin. We will work on the update and once it will be published I will let you know.

Best Regards,
Alex

Understood, thanks for looking into it.

If it means anything before you update. One of the other problems I’ve been having is trying to remove the map UI (zoom/satellite buttons), but retain the markers. I’m guessing this is what it is designed to do, but when trying to develop a native like app - I want to keep the map content but only allow for pinch zooming and moving around.

Thanks,
Jonny

After the update, it will be possible to have the markers displayed and hide the map UI at the same time.

Regards,
Alex

Hello @j.worthington,

We have updated the Maps Extender Plugin. Now it is possible to track users’ locations and display markers on the same map. Also, the markers will be retained with the map UI disabled. Please update the plugin to the latest version to have access to the new features.

Best Regards,
Alex

Thanks Alex and the Zeroqode team! Much appreciated!
I’ll have a look

Hi Alex.

I think the means of setting this up is probably more complex than I imagine and I cannot get some of these elements working. Just to advise I’ve discovered the following issues. I’m using the latest version of bubble and extender plugin:

• I haven’t been able to track a user or display through map extender (google APIs working). Tried on bubble development and live through browser.

• UI display seems intermittent - I have 1 map with it working 1 without both with UI turned off on both maps.

• Calls to add directions don’t work on first click - they do on second. I have a pause before a resetting action

Hello @j.worthington,

I am sorry to hear that the plugin is not working as expected. Could you please add support@zeroqode.com as collaborators to your app and specify on which page you are using the plugin? It will help to better understand the causes of the issues and how we can fix it.

Best Regards,
Alex