Services Plugins FAQs

Modular Text & Docs Editor

@Nikita.S That fixed it! Sorry if I missed the before, it’s a rather strange way to set content for an element when the content is already available via a parent’s data-binding.

I think I’m good for now. Now I just need to be able to disable edit-mode when viewed by anyone other than the creator :wink:

Thanks again!

That’s cool, now this feature isn’t enabled, but we will analyse if it is possible to realise it with the Dev team.

Thank you @chris1,
BR,
Nik.

1 Like

@Nikita.S I really appreciate all the support! I found another bug that I just can’t get around. I’ve tried for 4 hours and can’t beat it. I believe this plugin must have some sort of “Set Content” action in a future release. Without it, I can never set the content of the editor in my single-page app for different content.

On a page refresh, using the “Do a search for…” logic works for finding the content for the first object that renders, but the editor will keep displaying that content regardless of the new object on subsequent pages. There’s no way to reset the based on the “Do a search for…” initial content. I believe it’s a bug with the rendering, not the data-logic. Using the debugger reveals that the page is correctly updating the page content, but the editor itself doesn’t rerender itself even though it’s content is correct.

Hi @chris1, sorry for delayed response, we will improve the plugin with this kind of action, and then I will provide you with further instructions.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

Hey @chris1, we have added additional field for Refresh content action, now you have to update the plugin, refresh the page, and for set content, you have to use Refresh action and fulfil set new content field like this.

Hope at this point your issues will be solved and you will be able to enjoy the plugin.
I’m waiting for your feedback regarding this.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

Thanks for making that improvement, @Nikita.S! It indeed fixes my saving issue. Now, the only real barrier I have is that the “EditorJS Content is Changed” workflow triggers over and over again in rapid succession after it recognizes the first content change, making it unusable.

Here’s a video showing you what I mean:

Hello there @chris1, sorry for this we are trying to walkaround this kind of issue, I will be back of a matter when we will have response regarding this.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

1 Like

Hey @chris1, could you please provide me a screenshoots with your Workflow settings for save content and set new content actions, I need this for better understanding of your issue.

Thank you,
BR,
Nik.

Hello there @chris1, are you able to provide the screenshoot?
We really need it for solving this issue.

Thank you for understanding
BR,
Nik.

hi, i cant display data that i saved to database. How to do that,what do you mean by using another EditorJS element? Do you mean EditorJS A as input and EditorJS B as displayed contents from it?

can you check mine? thanks in advance.

Hello, @wafiuddinmohamad. Thanks for reaching out.

I suppose the main reason why you can not display the data from your database is that you have not identified the exact column, from where you are going to retrieve your data.

Due to the fact, the plugin functions normally within its demo page, I can suggest you check and compare your app settings (Editorjs B) with the demo editor page. For example:

Thus, would you kindly re-check and compare your plugin element settings with our demo page’s editor?

Hope it helps :pray:
Regards,

thanks @kate for your explaination and i already succeed to display data.

1 more question, how to make the displayed page uneditable for other users ?..can we just make it “read only” ?

tq in advance

@wafiuddinmohamad,

You can set the specific Condition to the element you want to do uneditable for other users/not logged in user (buttons, dropdowns, input fields, etc). For example:

Also, you can create the entire user type privacy setup, which will define which user type has some specific abilities within your app. It can be done within the Data > Privacy tab:

Useful video: How to Configure Privacy Settings in Bubble - YouTube
https://manual.bubble.io/application-settings/private-and-public-apps

Regards,

Hi Kate,

I’m in a similar situation where I can’t display saved data. It’s being saved to a field in the page’s data type called “Details”. Does EditorJs data need to be saved to its own Data Type?

@getset,

To make your data be visible on the page, please indicate the initial content’s value the following - Do a search for Touchpoint: first item’s Details.

Just the way it is suggested in the plugin demo page:

Nope, it does not. You just need to indicate the correct addressing to make bubble understand from where to get the object that you want to display on your page, within the plugin element.

Please try the suggested variant and let me know if it worked for you.
Regards,
Kate

Thanks Kate! I needed to add a constraint like below, but it’s working now :grinning:

Is there a way to disable editing on a page?

@getset,

Great idea indeed! I wish I have suggested it to you :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m afraid, there is no option to disable editing of the EditorJs element on a page preview, but you can use s little trick - place some group or shape from above the EditorJs and make it transparent:

Hope it helps :pray:
Regards,

Thanks Kate, I tried that and it worked, but decided to leave it off because I want users to be able to select copy or use the checklist feature.

Last question I think. Is there a trick to making auto save work? I’ve removed all workflows that were saving the data.

@getset,

Hm, I suppose this forum thread might be useful for you:

Hope it helps :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards,
Kate

Thanks Kate, got it working :ok_hand:

1 Like