Services Plugins FAQs

New Plugin from Zeroqode - Video Player

Hi @antoniogaffney5,

Thanks for reaching out. It is more Bubble related, but perhaps you can create a separate database field to check whether your post contains a video to be “yes” or “no”, and actually keep track of the position of your screen where it gets to be visible, then actually play it.

You can find more Bubble help here https://forum.bubble.io/ if you will.

Hope it helps!

Yea, that doesn’t help. I have tried many different things. I have even tried to use one of your other plugins (Element viewport detection) and it doesn’t work. So i guess i can’t use it anymore.

Well is there a way to add a ‘not inviewport’ event for your viewport plugin?

Interesting @antoniogaffney5 :thinking:

You should be able to use the Element Viewport Detection plugin with this implementation. You could simply use the When viewport detected event but in reverse.

Perhaps it should be a logic-related issue.

Could you please add our support@zeroqode.com account to your Settings/Collaboration tab so we can check on this issue inside your app and give a complete feedback after proper investigation.

Please tell us your app name and page name where this issue occurs on test, and the exact steps to follow (the user-flow) so we can reproduce it.

Note : avoid the warning message regarding plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add our account.

We’ll investigate it within your app then get back with a reply asap!

But there is no reverse. The event is ‘A review detect element detected’. There aren’t any other options that say ‘A review detect element isn’t detected’. Not in the conditionals options either. Are you investigating whether or not it’s possible?

Hi @antoniogaffney5,

Yes, you are right. There isn’t an option to use where ‘review detect element isn’t detected’ per se, but perhaps it can be accomplished with plugin features as is. It just depends on how it is being implemented.

We cannot investigate it without more details from your end, unfortunately. Is it ok for you to share the app with us by adding our account to your Collaboration tab? In this case we can easily investigate without so many back and forth in case it needs to be debugged fast.

We can clearly see there is an issue with player being loading the video post even if it’s off viewport. We just need the details mentioned above, then get back to you with a better feedback whether or not it’s possible. :pray:

Hi zeroqode team , Looking for help please , I’ve purchased this plugin long time ago and used to keep this plugin on the version 2.33 and it was working great for me ,unfortunately not anymore and it keep show me error popup !!
I tested all the version and it show me the same error every time ,please check the screen shot below :

The link i added is : Wondrous Dark Music: "Ginnunagap The Yawning Void" by Glen Gabriel - YouTube

Looking forward to hear from you
BR

Hi @ciscotreasure,

There is no issue with adding the video URL on our side. Let me know how you are adding the link inside your database.
Also, thanks for sharing the error message, we will need some time to replicate and check it from our side.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Hi @Greg.P Thanks for the reply , Yes you are correct .This plugin " video player " works fine .

-I’ve reviewed theis plugin and it works fine ,but it shows error in my case because i tried to use another plugin which is “Link info-preview” plugin to display "YouTube thumbnail image + YouTube link title " instead of only Long url YouTube text , So kindly i will move this case to the "Link info-review plugin " because the issue related to this plugin not "Video player plugin "

Thanks for the support

Hi, I have recently started to use this plug-in and have two questions.

1. Can the playback time be formatted as a decimal (2.2 seconds) vs an integer (2 seconds). I am using the playback time in a slider input in order to create a larger more detailed progress bar. Using whole integers makes the progress bar jump vs a smooth progression. I think just by adding one decimal place to the playblack time format would help tremendously.

2. When I add a play button, and trigger the workflow of play ‘video-player’. I get an error message and once I click okay, the video will then play.
    Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 3.24.39 PM

Thanks!

Hi @evanjhoffman,
Thanks for reaching out!

Can you please share more details about the expected result? A video recording would be greatly appreciated. So, we can check if it’s possible to implement it in the nearest plugin update.

This will decrease misunderstanding possibility. :pray:

I’ve passed it to the developer team for investigation. We will investigate and fix it asap. Thank you for reporting this.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi @evanjhoffman,
I hope this message finds you well.

We’ve updated the plugin and fixed the issue with the “Play” action. Kindly ask you to upgrade your plugin to the latest version (2.55.0) and give it a try.

Best regards,
Gulce

Awesome! Just updated & the new play button works great, thank you.

Just wanted to follow up on the ‘Playback Position Event’. As a reminder; I am looking to display the current video timeframe with milliseconds using the ‘Playback Position Event’. Currently, I can only get it to return a time in seconds format. Example: 1, 2, 3. I am hoping for the ‘Playback Position Event’ to return; 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, etc…

Current - ‘Playback Position Event’ Return from Plugin Demo page

What I am looking for - ‘Playback Position Event’ Return from Plugin Demo page

*When I use the return and format the result to add a decimal place it results in; 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 instead of 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and so on.
Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 11.51.27 AM

Hi @evanjhoffman,
Thanks for getting back to us. :pray:

We would like to inform you that we have added your request to our plugin backlog improvements list. Our team will investigate how feasible it is to implement the requested feature in the nearest plugin update.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with an approximate time estimate since this feature request is of low priority. However, we will keep you informed once the feature is added to the plugin.

Thank you again for your suggestion, and please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Gulce

Hi @evanjhoffman,
Thanks for your patience. :pray:

We’ve updated the plugin and now you can set the playback position in ms. Kindly ask you to upgrade your plugin to the latest version (2.57.0.) and give it a try.

Have a good weekend ahead!

Best regards,
Gulce

hey there - i’m struggling with the height and width of this element. I have to set a minimum otherwise it’s a very thin slither on the page.
Fit height to content produces this:

So I add a min height, but then need to change on mobile / tablet, which is making it not too responsive.

Hey @emma,

Thanks for reaching out.

I wanted to inquire about which version of the Bubble responsive engine you’re currently using - the new one or the old one. Just so you know, the Video Player Plugin is now compatible with the New Bubble responsive engine as of Version 2.48.0.

Additionally, we’ve addressed the issue with height changes when switching between different Bubble responsive settings in Version 2.51.0, as shown in the screenshot below.

To further assist you, I suggest taking a look at the plugin demo editor page to see how it’s set up and try replicating it on your end. You can also find the live demo page runner below, which showcases the video player element’s height adjusting according to different screen sizes.

Screenshots

If you’re still encountering problems, please provide additional screenshots of your setup and a Loom video detailing your use case.

Best regards,

Hi @Igor I am still having the same trouble. I am using Bubble Version 23 and the latest version of the Video Player 2.62.0

Hello, @emma!

Thank you for your message. Could you inform us whether the plugin worked properly in the previous version of Bubble?

If possible, could you add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators in your application and share the app’s link with us? By doing so, we will be able to examine your settings and replicate them on our end to pinpoint the problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, please follow these steps in the Bubble Editor: Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com.

As well, please share instructions on how to reproduce the issue on our side, the name of the page where the plugin element is located, group, repeating group, plugin element configuration, and workflow attached to it. A short description of where to click and user credentials to log in to be able to troubleshoot the reported issue. If possible, please attach a short Loom video (screencast recording where providing this guide).

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Looking forward to your reply. :pray:
Best regards,

Hi @Igor, I have never been able to get this working, on any version of Bubble.

We do not pay for the Growth plan - I would also be happy setting a temp password for myself and giving you my login details if that is better.

Here’s a loom where you can see that the height does not change when the video reduces in width: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

There is no workflow attached.

Thanks!
Emma