Services Plugins FAQs

New Plugin from Zeroqode - Video Player

Hello,

I downloaded the plugin a few days ago and have been tinkering with it trying to get everything working. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I did have the following screenshot to provide and it says to report this to the plugin author.

I went to the plugin page and it says to direct any questions or concerns here…

Can you please help me get this working properly. Is there a particular way to save the video file? Should I be playing the file or file URL? (Note: I am saving this as a “private file” - but the privacy parameters allow the current user who created the video to view it). Can you save the video as a private file?

Thank you!

Jason

EDITED: Upon more investigation it seems to have a problem only when playing a .mov file AFTER playing an .mp4 file.

It does play a .mov file if you play that file first… it’s strange. Does this not support .mov files or does it now? I’m using version 2.21.0 (the latest version as of this post).

I’ve been trying to find a workaround by reloading the video, creating a playlist, hiding/showing the videoplayer, etc. but I haven’t found a solution yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hey @jasondiehl07,
Thank you for your request,

We reproduced the issue, and found a bug, we will fix it and will update you on the matter.

BR.
Nik.

1 Like

Hey @jasondiehl07, the plugin was updated, check it now please.

If you like our plugin you can rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor. Find the plugin by name and it give it as many stars as it deserves :slight_smile: The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to make things better in Bubble.

Thank you,
BR

Similar interest. I’m trying to make a feed that shows user photos OR videos in the same element

@johnbaluch,

As Levon has mentioned, the Video Player plugin does not support the image show-cast - it works only with videos, unfortunately.

You can find out more details of the Video Player plugin by visiting it’s demo page and editor:

As an alternative that can help to achieve your goal - you can use 2 elements at the same time (image and video element) and implement:

• conditions to these elements (e.g.: when some state is true - show image element, when some other state is true - show video element);
  • or add buttons “Image” and “Video” to let your user choose what kind of content to see within the same element box.

Example: https://www.loom.com/share/e7fed47e568c4f87826e09747833f769

I hope this suggestions will be useful for you :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards,
Kate

Hi there! Posting here to get support for what seems to be a bug.

• I’m using the Video Player plugin inside a group on a simple page;
  • the group appears on the page when the file that has to be displayed on this page is a video (never had issues until today)
  • I tested the page using a link to this video: The Funniest Ping Pong Match in HISTORY - YouTube, and now it doesn’t work: the group within the page shows up but it doesn’t display the video.
  • the debugger shows this error message:

Element NewVideoPlayer A
The plugin Video Player / element New Video Player threw the following error: TypeError: YT.Player is not a constructor
at onYouTubePlayerAPIReady (PLUGIN_Video-Player-initialize--New-Video-Player-.js:419:27)
at Object.instance.data.loadYTplayer (PLUGIN_Video-Player-initialize--New-Video-Player-.js:436:13) (please report this to the plugin author)

Any idea on what’s the issue? I’m running the latest version 2.25.0.

Thanks in advance!

Hello, @esse. Thanks for reaching out.

I’m afraid I can not reproduce your bug. I have created a test page with the group on it, which data source is the URL of the video you’ve shared.

There are no errors when the page is loaded - the video is visible and it is possible to play it. Here is the data source for the NewVideoPlayer - screenshot.

Can you please share the screenshots of your group/plugin elements set up and provide a bit more details on how to reproduce your issue (video record of the issue reproducing will be much appreciated):pray:
This info can help me to find the root cause of your problem.

Thank you for understanding.
Regards,
Kate

Hello,

Thanks for this amazing plugin.

I’m bit stuck on how I can store the playback position in db, and load it when the user come back on a unfinished video ?

any tips ?

Hello, @artchab,
Apologies for the delayed reply and thank you very much for the kind feedback on it :pray:

I suppose the plugin’s Set Playback Position New Video Player action should be useful for you in this case - https://prnt.sc/ulw9a9

As n insight for your case, please see the following flow:

Thus, the logic is when you are pausing the player, the playback value will be saved to your database. And when you’re resuming the player, the workflow will resume it on the indicated playback’s value.

I hope this suggestion will be useful to you.
Regards,

Hey thanks for your answer.

So the only way to do it is to add a pause and play button and cannot use the native play/pause button :frowning:
This means if the user is in full screen it won’t work no ?

Arthur

@artchab,

I’ve only shown you the fastest/easiest way for this case.
Probably it is possible to do this with the native play/pause actions and using some custom states, but it needed to be tested.

So I just showed you only one example of how it can be done (agree, not the best one :sweat_smile:)

Regards,

Hello,

Does this player decode HLS or MPEG-DASH? I want to integrate adaptive bitrate video on demand for my web application. any guidance will help!

Hello, @carlos.miranda0620. Apologies for the late reply :pray:

Unfortunately, the Video Player plugin does not decode the HLS/MPEG-DASH and does not play the m3ua formats. Apologies for the inconvenience. We will take a look it if is possible to add this feature in the future update.

Thank you and take care. :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards,

Does this plugin play h.265 video?

Will it maintain the video’s aspect ratio with different screen widths? Responsive height and width?

Hello @tjc4

Thanks for reaching out.

I’m afraid the plugin doesn’t support h.265 video coding. Sorry about it. :pray:

Yes the plugin is responsive within bubble’s responsive engine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dumitru

@Dumitru, hoping for some clarification on your response to make sure we’re talking about the same thing as I’m not seeing the videos’ aspect ratios maintained on the plugin’s demo page.

So I’m wondering… is this feature not shown on the demo page or does it not exist.

I’ve made this video in an attempt to clarify my question in case it is unclear:

Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello @tjc4

Thanks for checking back with us!

I’m afraid I can not see the video :pray:

Looks like mime type is not supported I think.

Let me provide insight.
Since our demo page is not designed in responsive engine, there maybe issue with page itself but as I mentioned the plugin element is responsive and works within bubble’s responsive engine.

The aspect ratio of a video is not taken in consideration. The plugin will display the AR as is. (i.e: 4:3, 16:9, 21:9, 5:4 etc)

Some examples if we work with browser’s responsive checker.

Hope this helps :pray:

Regards,
Dumitru

Odd that you cannot see the video. I can see it and play it in the thread.

If you want to see if you can concatenate loom.com and /share/76defd9458174096a067b2c9d2d8c215

Basically what I’m saying is that if on your demo page you have a bunch of 16:9 aspect ratio videos. Example:

When I reduce the screen width rather than the aspect ratio being maintained (which would required changing the video’s height and width) only the width is changed.

Now, instead of a 16:9 video a 9(ish):9 video is shown and the video’s right content area is missing / cropped. Example:

In looking for the demo page to write this reply, I stumbled upon the Plyr demo page. It appears the videos there are responsive in height and width.

Example 1:

Example 2:

However, I’m wondering if it’s possible to have the area circled in red in Example 2 hidden so that the distance between the video and the text below remains constant. Similar to the “shrink the element height if the text gets shorter” option available on the Bubble text element.

I looked in the documentation and editor and did not see this feature so I’m guessing the answer is no but figured I’d ask anyway.

Also, I’m a bit confused by the two video player offerings. Is there a comparison table? When would you recommend one video plugin be chosen over the other? Why not one bad-ass plugin instead of two plugins?

@tjc4 Hello

Sorry for delayed answer.

I see that your are dragging the browser’s side to check the AR for the video inside the video element, however that is not gonna work for the plugin.
You’ll need to refresh the page in order for responsive engine to react to changes and so the plugin will adapt to :slight_smile:

Regarding the Plyr Plugin - https://zeroqode.com/plugin/plyr---video-player-plugin-1585752713801x567609432761491140
is different since we’re using another code base with lots of other possibilities, including but not limited to being responsive element, video playback for Vimeo, Bubble, Youtube videos, ad monetization which we introduced recently and more.
Check the plugin page and demo to see all available features. As well docs for how to setup things that you need.

Hope this helps.
:pray:

Regards,
Dumitru

hello @zeroqode

I’m using this plug in a repeating group and I can’t figure out how to stop a video from playing if it’s the last post with a video but not the last post. For example, lets say that I have repeating group with 10 posts, and the first 4 have videos. How do i keep the 4th video from playing when scrolling past it to the rest of the posts? Example below:

Also, is there any way you can make it so that the video fills the container?

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0yXt3HfUc75v5J9OjPrbHsFjg

Thanks in advance