Services Plugins FAQs

PDF Converter Issues (file/url empty)

Hi,

I just updated to the new version of the PDF converter plugin on Bubble, but I cannot get this new version to work. The output URL is always empty. I tried in all kinds of ways that I found in the forum and documentation (e.g. with actions on page load or Do when ConverttoPDF A Output file URL is not empty → Create new PDF), but nothing works.

Here are my settings:

I hope you can help me. Thx!

Hello, @zetagastro
Sorry to hear that you have faced this issue.

Can you please let me know if you tried to add the Convert PDF ConvertortoPDFv2.0 A action to your workflow?
As I can see from the screenshots, there is no such action on your side:

In case if comparing our Demo page and replicating this flow was not helpful for you -please let me know.

Best regards,

Hi Ecaterina, the two workflow actions on your page refer to an old version and a new version, which you can also select on your page via two buttons on the top (“old” or “new functionality”) => concerning your screenshot: Action 1 is for the new plugin version, action 2 is for the old version. As I am working with the new plugin version, I should only need action 1.
As this issue is slowing down our app development, I would really appreciate a solution.
Thank you!

Hello, @zetagastro
I’m sorry for misleading you :pray:

First of all, please let me know if the name of the Output indeed has an ID - groupfullreport. It is a very important part.
One more thing is that you have checked the Autosave PDF checkbox, but after it, you are trying to create a new Saved PDF.

As a proposal for checking your issue, please remove this action and verify the title of the Output with its ID.
After it, please let me know about your result with it.

I will do my best to help you at the nearest time.
Best regards,

Hello, @zetagastro

Just an additional input here:
Can you please try to follow this sequence of actions:

1. Use the Event “ConvertortoPDFv2.0 A uploading to AWS is finished”.

2. Place in it the “Create a new thing” action, which is responsible for creating a new thing to your DataBase ( on our example for this action):

It means that you just need to separate the Creating a new thing from converting your page to PDF workflow.
Kindly try and let me know if it worked. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,

1 Like

I can answer for him because I had the same problem.

It works for me now when I put the “make change to thing” or “create a new thing” action in another WF with the trigger Event ConvertortoPDFv2.0 A uploading to AWS is finished

Thank you :wink:

1 Like

thank you for the explanations, I can now complet my action !!!

1 Like

Hello, @jb.sockeel
Happy to be helpful.

In case we can help you with anything else - let us know.

Best regards,