Services Plugins FAQs

QuickBooks plugin queries

I am loving the QB plugin so far, but I just can find what I am looking for in the queries. I followed your example in the demo app and populated a RG with the query. The problem that I have is that it doesn’t bring down all the fields that I am looking for. Where do I go to update the query. I have the info on from the QB Developers site with the info generated from the API Explorer.

Thanks

Hi Steve,
i’m afraid you can’t update the query yourself, please post here everything you found and we’ll see if we can update that in the plugin
thanks

I am querying the QuickBooks customer data table to a repeating group (RG). When a record in the RG is selected it sends the cell/row’s contents to a group with inputs for editing. When I map the inputs to the attributes from the query there are a number of fields that are not showing (see below).

The query below from QB Online includes a number of items that do not appear to be part of the query in the plugin. The items include the Billing Address, Shipping Address, First Name, Notes, Given Name, Family Name, Company Name, etc.

{
“QueryResponse”: {
“Customer”: [
{
“Taxable”: false,
“BillAddr”: {
“Id”: “4”,
“Line1”: “1855 E. Southern Ave. #110”,
“City”: “Mesa”,
“Country”: “USA”,
“CountrySubDivisionCode”: “AZ”,
“PostalCode”: “85204”
},
“ShipAddr”: {
“Id”: “4”,
“Line1”: “1855 E. Southern Ave. #110”,
“City”: “Mesa”,
“Country”: “USA”,
“CountrySubDivisionCode”: “AZ”,
“PostalCode”: “85204”
},
“Notes”: “This is for something.”,
“Job”: false,
“BillWithParent”: false,
“Balance”: 0,
“BalanceWithJobs”: 0,
“CurrencyRef”: {
“value”: “USD”,
“name”: “United States Dollar”
},
“PreferredDeliveryMethod”: “None”,
“domain”: “QBO”,
“sparse”: false,
“Id”: “1”,
“SyncToken”: “9”,
“MetaData”: {
“CreateTime”: “2018-11-23T23:38:06-08:00”,
“LastUpdatedTime”: “2018-11-25T03:27:59-08:00”
},
“GivenName”: “Erik”,
“FamilyName”: “Crawford”,
“FullyQualifiedName”: “Ultra Pure Systems, L.L.C.”,
“CompanyName”: “Ultra Pure Systems, L.L.C.”,
“DisplayName”: “Ultra Pure Systems, L.L.C.”,
“PrintOnCheckName”: “Ultra Pure Systems, L.L.C.”,
“Active”: true,
“Mobile”: {
“FreeFormNumber”: “(480) 239-7243”
},
“PrimaryEmailAddr”: {
“Address”: “erik@c3systems.com
}
}
],
“startPosition”: 1,
“maxResults”: 1
},
“time”: “2018-11-26T22:42:26.776-08:00”
}

Hi Steve, where did you find this snippet? Did you run the query from postman or was it simply in some sort of a documentation?

I ran it from the Intuit Developer site utilizing their API Explorer tool.

sorry Steve, couldn’t find an easy solution to this so far, how critical is this?

I need the flexibility to access all the fields of the QuickBooks tables. It looks like the plugin only contains a minimum per the different calls. I have started to look at creating my own calls using the API Connector in Bubble. I am still struggling a bit to get the proper URL info to connect. I can figure it out eventually, but I would prefer to save some time it your company is available to help me out for a reasonable price. Please let me know if there is a way to contract with your group to help me with this process.

Here is where I am at so far.

I think the issue is that when the call is initialized Quickbooks returns only those fields which are used in the account. So the empty fields simply don’t appear. If you can set up all the fields and share the credentials with us so we could access your account from the plugin and reinitialize all the calls that might help.

That is correct. Not sure exactly what you need on my end. I can send the info for each call that I need. I am only looking to create invoices and bills along with the set up of customers and vendors. I’m sure that will probably change, but I can provide whatever you need.

Are you looking for credential to the QB developer site?

yes that’s what we’d need

I will put together info in records and forward credentials. Is there a secure way to forward credentials?

you could use our intercom chat on zeroqode.com

Info sent via intercom. Please let me know what else you need.

Thanks

1 Like

ok, i’ll let you know but I’m afraid it won’t be very quick, especially given the holiday season

Hi @steve we have just pushed an update to the plugin and it now has the extra fields that you needed. please upgrade to the plugin’s latest version, refresh the browser and give it a try. If you don’t see the new fields right away, try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin (it shouldn’t break the existing logic)
hope this helps
thanks!

I will jump in and let provide an update.

Thanks for the help.

Steve

1 Like

Levon,
I have all the fields I need to query and update a customer, but I do not see the same for a vendor.

Please advise

Thanks,
Steve

can you check all objects that you might need later so we update all of them in 1 iteration?