Services Plugins FAQs

Resizable image plugin bug

Image cannot be resized when image is dragged to a corner and resized. The resizing functionality works very inconsistently. Try dragging the image to the corners multiple times then resize the image, it doesnt work.

Demo page:
https://zeroqode-demo-14.bubbleapps.io/resizable-images

Hello, @phatngo2161!

We appreciate your message.

Apologies for the slow reply! Thank you for bringing our attention to this. Weā€™ve taken into the consideration your request and are working on it.

Iā€™ll get back to you as soon as I have the relevant info.

Best regards.

Hi @Elena,

The max width and height of the resizable element doesnā€™t work either as it is impossible to resize the element to be equal to the size of the parent element. Please send a message when it gets fixed.

Many thanks,
phat

Hi, @phatngo2161!

Let me inform you, that upon your request the improvement process for this plugin has been initiated. It will take some more time, cause there is a manual rewriting of the pluginā€™s code that has to be done.

As soon as the updated version will be released, you will be notified.

Thank you for your patience!

Best regards.

Hello, @phatngo2161!

Our tech team had modified this plugin and updated its Demo as well. Kindly check:)

We are here in case there will be any other questions.

Best regards.

Hi @Elena ,
Thanks for the fix, the resizing element works fine now. Although. after this update, I cannot get the resizable plugin image when I screenshot the page.

Iā€™m building an app that allows people to drag their design onto a t-shirt and thereby I need to screenshot & download that resizable elementā€™s image to know the positioning and dimensions. I was able to screenshot my page prior to the update that just released, but now the resizable element is doesnā€™t hold an image value.

Previous version (1.2):

Updated version: (1.3):

Can you please kindly check if anything was changed that caused the updated version to behave this way?

Many thanks,
Phat

EDIT/Update: if the image source is changed to something else other than the default amazon AWS link supported by bubbleā€™s picture uploader function then the image on the screenshot is visible, but if the image source is from bubbleā€™s amazon AWS then the image is blank. Perhaps this might narrow the issue down

Hey, @phatngo2161!

Thank you for your query.

To help me understand your point better, kindly record short videos for me with the previous version, how you were making a screenshot, and after with the new version.

Waiting for your reply.

Best regards.

Hey @Elena,

Thanks for the prompt reply, hereā€™s a video displaying both versions of the plugin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5PnrsSA7nY

Please let me know if you would want me to show anything else/show more clearly.

Many thanks,
Phat

Hey, @phatngo2161!

Thank you so much for sharing these details. We will check them thoroughly and will get back to you ASAP.

Best regards.

Dear, @phatngo2161!

In order to check the issue appearing and test it out in your workspace, would it be convenient for you to add our support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator of your app?
Enter your Bubble editor page -> Settings -> ā€œCollaborationā€ tab -> Invite a user (email).
(Note: you can add our support account to the collaboratorsā€™ list even if your app is on a Hobby plan.)

We will check your setup and do a few tests in an attempt to find the root cause and help you fix it.

In case it is ok for you, please let us know.

Best regards.

Hi @Elena,

Thanks for the quick response again, I have shared it with the support team. Because the page is in another language, please tell me if you have any questions/confusions. I have set a page named ā€˜testā€™ which is the page I used on the video and is relevant to the bug. Also, if you have made any changes to my app please let me know (try keep it in its original state is best).

Yours sincerely,
Phat

Greetings, @phatngo2161!

Thank you so much for giving the access! Let our developers take a look at it and I will get back with a reply ASAP.
As per the changes you were worried about, donā€™t be:) It is one of the main points in working with the clientā€™s app directly - to leave it as it was in the beginning.

Best regards.

Hello, @phatngo2161!

Thank you so much for your patience and proactive collaborative work!

Our developer went through adjusting the privacy policies for our plugin, which were contradicting another plugin, that you were using. Now the image is being downloaded properly, saving the picture inside.

Kindly check it out.

Best regards.

Hi @Elena,

Thank you and the team for the prompt fix! Although there is still a problem on downloading the actual resizeable element. The resizeable element can only be captured if we capture the entire group, but if we use the element ID of the resizeable element itself, then it the downloaded file displays ā€œit looks like we dont support this file format.ā€

Iā€™ve re-shared my page with your dev team, they can recreate the problem in the ā€œtestā€ page. The resizable element itself was able to be captured in version 1.2.0 but not this updated version.

Many thanks, I do appreciate very much the work you and your team has put into this,
Phat

Hey, @phatngo2161!

Iā€™m sorry for the inconvenience caused :pray:

Thank you for sharing the access again, Iā€™ve already passed it to our devs again, so when this will be fixed, I will notify you immediately.

As of now, if itā€™s not critical, you can use the plugin with assigning the ID for the group, while we are fixing this issue.

Thank you for your constant patience and understanding :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards.

Hello, @phatngo2161!

The issue is now fixed. Iā€™ve updated the plugin in your app to the latest version, which was released today. Kindly check it out :slightly_smiling_face:

As usual, if there will be any additional questions, let us know :pray:

Best regards.

1 Like

Hey @Elena,

I recently found out that thereā€™s a problem with resizable element not being contained within the parent group when resizing. The center right, center bottom, and bottom right resizing icons work as intended but the others do not.

Hereā€™s a video for a better explanation:

Please tell me if you need more details!
Many thanks

Hello, @phatngo2161
Let me jump into this conversation :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for reporting this issue. :pray:
In order to investigate your case, can you please provide us the screenshots of your current settings for all plugin elements?
It will help us to carefully analyze the situation.

Looking to hear you soon.
Best regards,

Hi @Ecaterina! Thanks for helping with the case

That page did didnā€™t use any other plugins, just bubbleā€™s elements and the resizable element plugin. The ā€œcontain to parentā€ and ā€œenable draggingā€ option is ticked on the resizable element plugin.

The demo page for the plugin has the same behaviour/issue as the video I attached above.
https://zeroqode-demo-14.bubbleapps.io/resizable-images

Please tell me if you need more details!
Many thanks

Hello, @phatngo2161
Thanks for this information.

Please allow us to carefully check the occurred issue with our team and to fix it. I will do my best to revert to a solution at the nearest time.

Best regards,