Services Plugins FAQs

đź’¬ Reverse Repeating Groups for Chats - New Plugin from Zeroqode

reverse%20repeating%20group

Instead of starting from top and then scrolling to the bottom this plugin reverses standard Bubble repeating groups and starts from the bottom with scrolling upwards.
This is particularly useful for building chat elements (think Whatsapp) where at the bottom of the window you see the most recent record and then if you need to go back through messages you scroll upwards.
reverse%20repeating%20group

For live demo and details please visit the plugin page here: Reverse Repeating Group Plugin for Bubble | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode

Please support us with a retweet

Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates

Zeroqode Blocks

Bubble Plugins

Bubble Courses

Convert Web to iOS & Android

No-code Development Services

Hello,

I’m here to report a bug for this plugin. Please see below information:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sdUD-y5E4kJ6tqAppfMG4IKCulp1swLH/view?usp=sharing

So what is happening in this video is that if a user goes to the docking tab at the bottom and then they click on the contact button under the open docking inquiry, there is a little side panel that comes up that allows the user to contact the individual.

When I press the contact button and the side contact modal comes up, it comes up right away, when the repeating group inside isn’t manipulated. When a user scrolls up in the repeating group to show the previous messages, and then hides the contact modal and then wants it to reappear again, there is a delay in the contact modal showing up, even though it’s the same workflow. This gets progressively worse as the user scrolls up and up in the repeating group. Please note for this repeating group I am using the zeroqode plugin reverse repeating group to have a vertical repeating group where a user can scroll up and see old messages.

By the end of the video, you can see that it takes quite a long time for that contact modal to appear on the page and there is a white space while the rendering is seemingly happening. All the while this is the same exact workflow being repeated over and over again, but what’s making the difference on the rendering is literally how far up the scroll is in the repeating group inside that contact modal.

Hello @jonathanm, thank you for reaching out!

To confirm if I understood the problem right. What you are saying is that loading of the element with a reverse repeating group is taking longer if in the repeating group are loaded more objects (messages), right?

Best Regards,
Alex

Hi @alex.grimacovschi,

Thanks for the reply back I appreciate it. In essence yes, but it may not be the actual loading of the element itself, but rather a series of processes I have in bubble to make that reverse repeating group actually appear, and the group that holds it appear, gets delayed when a user scrolls up to show more messages.

Basically in bubble I hide a bunch of groups and then show a group that holds the reverse repeating group. I really don’t know whether there are issues on the bubble side or your side, but it seems that as we scroll up with more messages the rendering of the actual repeating group takes longer or the series of processes in bubble that causes that reverse repeating group to appear takes longer.

When I want the reverse repeating group to render like shown in the video, I run the workflow action reverse a repeating group. I have also noticed that sometimes when the reverse repeating group appears the messages text appear upside down and that workflow action essentially doesn’t run, but if I do it again the group does appear with the message text not upside down. It is very possible that there is an issue with the “reverse a repeating group” workflow action that is either causing the text to appear upside down by accident, or the rendering of the element is taking longer when a user scrolls up, hides the group, and then makes it appear again like in the video.

I have a bug report open with Bubble right now and they are investigating and I’ll let you know what they find.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Hello @jonathan,

Thanks for providing additional details.

I checked that with our team, regarding the issue with “the messages text appear upside down” the cause seems to be that the element doesn’t have enough time for rendering. Adding a pause in the workflow may help fix that issue. Also, if it is possible could you provide a screenshot of that issue?

Regarding slowing down when a user scrolls up, this is most probably a problem with optimization of the workflow. While having a lot of elements in the element that has to be displayed the time for loading can get longer, but in this case, I am afraid the problem can be fixed only y optimizing the app. I can recommend this post as a good source of tips for optimizing your app. https://forum.bubble.io/t/performance-q-a-guide/12140

Best Regards,
Alex

Hi @alex.grimacovschi,

Thanks for those additional details, regarding the first thing , that is not a bug Bubble just told me so no need to worry about that.

Regarding the reversal of the repeating group I’ll do a little more testing to see if I can get consistent behavior and report back if I have any further issues. Thanks for the support!

Best,
Jonathan

Hello @jonathan,

Thank for updating. I hope you will manage to make it work consistently. If any other questions will appear please let me know.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hi @alex.grimacovschi,

Ok thanks. Not entirely familiar with how your support team works and if you have an email as well for support, apologies if I’m double posting something or there are dedicated support people per plugin, but I submitted another support request for the dynamic height plugin on a separate forum thread and have not heard back, link below:

If you have a dedicated plugin support email feel free to let me know and I’ll use in the future.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Hello @jonathan,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and for taking so long to answer you there. Our team will process your request ASAP.

Best Regards,
Alex

No problem thank you!

Is this plugin still supported? The demo page doesn’t seem to be functioning correctly

Hello @ian3

We appreciate your patience and bringing this to our attention!

Upon conducting testing on the plugin to provide you with current information, we’ve identified an error causing its malfunction. Please be assured that I’ve escalated this matter to our development team for an expedited review and resolution. Our aim is to consistently deliver quality services, and we’re committed to rectifying this issue promptly.

Your understanding and collaboration are truly valued. We’ll provide you with updates as soon as it is fixed.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead :hugs: :star2:

Hello @ian3,

To reverse the repeating group using the plugin element, please ensure that the “Touchpad Scroll Direction” option is set to “moving down scroll down.” This configuration should help you achieve the desired behavior of reversing the repeating group.

I recommend testing this setting on your page, and if you encounter any further issues, please fill out the form at issues.zeroqode.com. If you have additional questions or suggestions for our plugins, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. You can contact us here on the forum or via email at support@zeroqode.com.

I wish you a fantastic day! :blush: