Services Plugins FAQs

Scrolling Position Detector

Bought the Scrolling Position Detector plugin. Would like help implementing the following functionality.

Pre-load lets say 20 repeatable groups, if scrolling reaches 50% or so load 20 more, etc. The idea is so user never has to wait for groups to load.

Thanks.

Hello,
Thank you for buying our plugin.
To set it up you will need to do these steps:

1. Place the element “position detector” on the page.
  2. Set custom state for any element on page that will hold the count of displayed items in repeating group
  3. Assign unique ID for your repeating group (the very bottom field)
  4. Set the requested percentage and the dedicated “repeating group id” from step 3
  5. In the workflow firstly set “when page loads” event and set default count for the repeating group
  6. Than you need to add another event “when position is %”. This will become active each time your scrolling position is bellow the decided percentage.

We have prepared short video, that should walk you through the steps:

We have also created page with working example here:

Thank you for the instructions and video. I tried to follow all of them but its still not working for me. It looks like :items until is not being respected. I tried to put a static number by doing this :items until #30 and that didn’t work either.

what am I doing wrong?

I’m doing it to the following page https://linkedinclone.bubbleapps.io/feed but on my own bubble app that I bought.

Also, doesn’t look like it works on the demo site https://plugindemo.bubbleapps.io/version-test/rg-percentage?debug_mode=true

items until # is not what it loads its the maximum amount of items that it loads. I just tested it.

are you sure there is just one repeating group on the page you are trying to test? There might be more than 1 and they become hidden/visible depending on the condition. The best way to test the scrolling position plugin is to create a new blank page with a repeating group and replicate the steps shown on the video and the link to the editor that Karel posted above. Once you make sure it works then you can find all the repeating groups on your template page and apply it to them (you can use element tree from the left to see all repeating groups that exist on the page)

I’m sure I’m looking at the right thing. It doesn’t work either in the example that was provided https://plugindemo.bubbleapps.io/version-test/rg-percentage?debug_mode=true

I’m sorry to hear that.
Can you please share with me some details about the device and browser, so we can debug it on our end?
We have tested it in all major browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and many others on windows platforms, but we were not able to reproduce the issue.
Can you please also share with us link to your solution?

Regards,
Karel

karel, it wasn’t working in your example but I see the example changed and its working now. What was changed?

I’m really sorry!! I figured out the issue and the solution. The reason it wasn’t working I had the layout style set to Ext. Vertical sorting. After changing it to Full its working now. Thank you!!! Sorry again.

No worries, glad that it works. Best! :slight_smile:

@levon, the magic only happens when the Layout style is set to Full list as per the comment above, right? We are using Ext. Vertical scrolling and it does not work. It detects only once and fetches the next elements then nothing when I keep scrolling. Bug or work by design?

Even with Full list, it only fetches once and stops.

Hello!
The plugin should work with the Ext.Vertical scrolling as well as with the Full list setting, I’ve just tested it with the Repeating Group.
Could you show your plugin settings and the way it performs now please?
Kind regards,
Olga

Find the screenshots…I will try to share the video…

I forgot to share this one as well:

I’ve just tried with your settings and it works still. May be it would be easier to add support@zeroqode.com as a collaborator to your project? Just tell me your app name and the page where you see the bug.
Kind regards,
Olga

Hi, please sign up to mydogma.com and access this page: https://mydogma.com/u-dogma-questions

Then scroll and you will observe the bug.

I’m sorry, I’m unable to do it. I’m stuck at Dry Bones International page.