Templates Plugins Courses

Setting up Algolia

Hey there, I’m trying to setup Aloglia, and use Zeroqode’s plugin. I’m really confused about a couple things, and can’t find the answers in the documentation:

1. The Zeroqode doc simply says, “add records to your table.”

How do I do that? I can’t find it in either set of documentation. Is there a screenshot or example? Am I meant to know JSON to accomplish this?

1. The API keys the plugin asks for do not appear under my API keys in Algolia. Maybe Aloglia updated since the doc came out? There is only “search only API key” and “admin API key”, then “monitoring api key”. I don’t see what the plugin asks for anywhere (X-Aloglia-Shared Headers, and X-Application-ID-Shared-Headers).

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hello, @jeremiah.

Let me clarify and offer answers here:

1. By adding records, we meant add data to your app in Algolia’s dashboard for searching.

2. The “search only api key” is used for api key calls, the “admin api key” is used for update and delete actions. Also you need the “app_id” for the application you set the Algolia. All keys and id could be found in Algolia Dashboard.
    See our demo setup: https://bubble.is/page?type=page&name=algolia_search&id=zeroqode-demo-11&tab=tabs-1

Regards,
ZQ Team.

Thanks for the response @Dumitru! To further clarify on 1. Adding records - I had tried that, and clicked “add manually”, and Algolia presents you with a black screen (which looks like a code editor). I entered my Data type, but they don’t seem to provide a format for what to write, it’s just a blank screen. So, for example, I wrote, “projects” or “my_data_type” , both of which would correspond to my Data Type in Bubble. But it doesn’t accept that, or provide information for how to fill it out.

Hi.

Sorry, seems like you need to know the syntax for adding the data I missed that (you could check more about it in algolia’s doc: https://www.algolia.com/doc/api-client/methods/indexing/).
Here’s an example:

1. Adding records for indexing:

2. Here’s the added record in preview:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
ZQ Team.

Thanks for the help @Dumitru! I was able to create the record, and setup all documentation plus view the live demo, but unfortunately nothing is showing for me.

I suspect I missed something. How do we tell Algolia what data type to connect with the Bubble DB? For example:

In Bubble, my Type is “Business” and field is “businessName”.

In Algolia, my paramater is “businessname”.

When setting up the plugin, I only see the options to choose from my Bubble type:

Could that be causing the problem? I’m not seeing any results whatsoever.