Templates Plugins Courses

Split payment with Paystack

Hello guys!
Please can someone explain to me how to use the split payment with the Paystack plugin. Would really appreciate. And also i get this error message sometimes when i try ti initiate a transaction when a button ‘Buy Now’ is clicked

Hi @timmab89,

Thanks for reaching out. Please let us investigate and get back to you with another reply asap!

Best,
Alex

Hi @timmab89,

Based on your error message, perhaps you’ve entered an amount less than NGN100. Please note that Amount should be in kobo if currency is NGN and pesewas for GHS.

Regarding split payments, you simply need two steps:

1. Create a subaccount by using the Paystack - Subaccounts - Create Subaccount action, then
  2. Initialize a split payment by using the Paystack - Transactions - Initialize Transaction action

Note: Please endeavour to verify that the bank account details matches what you intended. Paystack will not be liable for payouts to the wrong bank account.

By default, payments are split by percentage. For example, if a subaccount was created with percentage_charge: 0.2 , 20% goes to the subaccount and the rest goes to the main account.

You can find more information here.

Best,
Alex

I’ve read this over and over before now on the paystack website, this has nothing to do with the configuration from their, there’s a problem with the plugin that needs to be fixed. Other things in the plugin works to some extent

but as soon as you create a subaccount it starts to give the error message even without filling in any information in it’s giving fields. So I think there’s a problem from your side. Please check and verify again. Cheers

Thanks @timmab89 for details!

We’ll certainly check on our plugin and if there are bugs on our side, we’re going to fix them asap!

Could you please share screenshots and/or screencast of your app setups and workflows so we can actually replicate the same steps on our side? It would speed things up, so we can investigate it better with our development team.

Best,
Alex

Hi @timmab89,

We managed to push an update to our plugin. Please upgrade to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again. But please see our demo app for reference, because we changed the workflow setups a bit with dynamic fields, as previous setups were using the default API data which is why it was causing this trouble.

Now, simply set it as per our example for the Pay button, here.

Let me know how it goes!

Best,
Alex

Hello Thanks for the Update. i’ve been able to update and set it up as specified above, but from my observation the “Transaction_Charge parameter input isn’t doing what should. Its not submitting the inputted value thereby still letting the “Percentage_Charge” parameter in the subaccount to overwrite it instead of the other way round.
Also it will be of great significance if you could also include and extra payment input on the Paystack - Payment Pages - Create Page so that Marketplace…etc sites and apps can charge an amount to be paid which will be added to (Param.)amount” and the total will be the final amount to Pay. E.g (Param.) description shipping fee
(Param.) amount "Input “Amount”
And also i tried the Create invoice and it returned this error. Kindy investigate it and share the solution. CHeersScreenshot 2021-01-23 195123
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi @timmab89,

Thanks for feedback.

Could you please provide screenshots and/or screencast of your app setups and preview so we can see the issue on your side, and try to replicate it on our end with the same settings, and the same exact steps. :pray:

This way we can better investigate then provide feedback asap.

We’ll add this feature request to our roadmap feature list to see how feasible it is for future updates.

Could you please share screenshots of your workflow setups, because this error is stating that an invalid customer code ID has been passed to it, which is why it is throwing the error.

We’ll check on all details then get back to you asap as soon as we have more inputs on this matter.

Best,
Alex