Services Plugins FAQs

Split payment with Paystack

Hi @timmab89,

Thanks for letting know!

Just change this step to redirect based on authorization_url and everything should be working fine:

And it will redirect the user based on the Redirect URL set up in your own Paystack dashboard settings, and the Fee will be deducted from the subaccount.

You can use the Invoices - Create an Invoice action which this plugin comes with.

Best,
Alex

Hello!

Thanks for the update on the plugin. I noticed a few changes as regards the upgrade, the create payment page where the user inputs their first and last name as well as email address doesn’t show up again like it used to before. But now it doesn’t give the opportunity to fill in these information probably its to use the dynamic data provided, (“customers email and First and last name”) But it doesn’t still use it and instead just displays “no name” as customer name and test3@test.com as the email on the Paystack payment page and dashboard. Please how can this be fixed?
And then redirecting user back to site URL after successful payment on Paystack doesn’t redirect back to site as it did before, it just remains on Paystack page.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @timmab89,

Sorry but could you please show what exactly do you mean because it is confusing, unfortunately.

Perhaps you can share your workflow actions setups, so we can see what fields are filled in.

You need to set the redirect_url here:

As well as set the redirect URL in your Paystack dashboard settings. And please refer to previously shared instructions regarding the Open an external website action with authorization_url.

The first picture is a payment receipt.

The second pic is the payment page.

The last picture is from my paystack dashboard.

You can see that instead of the name of the user that is making the payment, it shows No name, and email shows test3@test.com instead of users email address despite me setting it up the dynamic data(customers email and customers first name and last name)
Please check to confirm for feedback

Cheers.

Thanks @timmab89 for feedback.

Could you please also send a couple of screenshots, to show where exactly you are trying to dynamically set the name and email address?

Best,
Alex

On the initialize transaction, there’s a parameter that says email
Screenshot_20210324-233725~3

And on the create subaccount plugin

Those are the only places available to input users full name and email address and phone number but still I don’t see them working as supposed. Please check
Cheers.

Hi @timmab89,

Thanks! We are already investigating it with our development team.

I’ll get back to you with another reply asap.

Best,
Alex

Hi @timmab89,

The problem with your workflow setups, is that you are trying to set a Customer first name and last name, but it is intended for the Subaccount.

Without creating a page - it will display No Name for the Customer.

It is only possible to successfully pass the First name and Last name of the Customer via a created page by using the Create Page.

The primary_contact_name is for Subaccount, not for the Customer, which is why it will not work as you are trying to. Please read the Paystack docs here - https://paystack.com/docs/api/#subaccount-create because it will be helpful.

Best,
Alex

Even if it’s the customers first name and last name I’m setting up in the fields intended for the subaccount, at least something should show up and not “test3@test.com” as the email. And mind you, on the create payment page you speak of, there’s no input field on the plugin to fill in Neither email nor first name or last name so i don’t know what create page you talking about except it’s a different one and if it is indeed a different create page then I’ll like you to show me just so I can do it right… Initially before the plugin update, when the app redirects to paystacks payment page, a first page shows up where fields to fill in first name , last name and email and it all showed up and worked fine on the dashboard. but since the update everything changed! that page don’t show anymore it just redirects straight to where you fill in your card details.

Hi @timmab89,

This is the exact page where you are able to set a First Name and Last Name for your Customer, which is being transferred to the dashboard with no issues:

And it is going to work fine.

Otherwise, if initialising the transaction without creating a page as described above, you will see No name in the dashboard because Paystack is not prompting the First Name and Last Name in this case.

Best,
Alex

I really don’t understand what you mean. But anyway I’ll like you to show me with images or workflow on how to create page that lets me pass the first and last name and email of the user.

Hi @timmab89,

This is the Paystack page you are already familiar with:

Where you can type in the First Name and Last Name of your Customer.

The workflow action is called Payment Pages - Create Page, and you can check it here:

Editor link here.

Best,
Alex

Yes exactly this was how it showed up before and everything worked fine, I could see the names and email, but since the update when I complained about creating subaccounts and passing charges, everything changed and that page don’t show anymore instead it just goes straight to where the user will put in card details and that’s all. So that’s why I was wondering why it was removed in the update, and I think I made mention of that in one of the earlier message i sent to you that I wish the payment page was like the old version.

Sorry @timmab89 but the page is the same even as before the update. You just have to use the workflow action in order to create a page, and it will redirect you to prompt customer’s first name and last name.

Please check our demo page to see how to set it up.

Can you see that they are different!!??

So my question now which of these am I supposed to use? Because I think you’ve forgotten that to successfully make the subaccount the bearer of the paystack charges it’s a different step dynamic data that will be passed using authorization_url instead of slug. According to you in your pass response!
Please I think you should take a little time to check through the past messages we’ve sent back and forthjust maybe then you can better understand the difficulties I’m encountering because I can’t really explain all these by typing messages, it’s just going to sound really confusing. So please endeavor to check past messages to see the problem. Thanks in advance
Cheers

Uh, oh @timmab89!

Please consider my apologies about this one. :pray:

Yes, the correct setup is the authorization_url because this is the one you are setting in your Paystack dashboard. We just need to fix the demo app.

You see, the transaction_charge fix has changed the workflows order, which is why I’ve been referring to it, so in this case you firstly create a subaccount, then create a page (if needed, but in this case you’ll have to use the slug implementation as per our demo), and only then initialize the transaction. And you will be able to type in the First and Last name of your customer.

Please let me know how it goes on your side as well.

Best,
Alex

Hello… thanks for the response. Yes that’s how I have it set up just like that but it still doesn’t show the page to fill the names and email it goes straight to card details. And in the open an external website if I add the paystack url before the result step 4 initialize transaction)'s authorization_url it shows 404 page error. But if I change it back to result step 3 of create payment page)'s slug it shows the page to fill in names and email but this way, it won’t be the subaccount that will bear the paystack fees

Hi @timmab89,

In this case, could you please add our support@zeroqode.com account to your Settings -> Collaboration list (ignore the warning message regarding app plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us).

Tell us your app name and page name where it occurs on test, as well as exact steps in order to reproduce. Granting the admin rights to your app will speed things up a bit, and if you don’t mind creating a testing page for us where we can tweak the plugin - it would be great.

We’ll investigate it inside your app and get back to you asap!

Note: you can send all details via DM if you will.

Best,
Alex

Would have been able to do the above, but I’m currently not on the professional plan. What other better option is available?

Hi @timmab89,

Just ignore the message. You are able to add our account despite the warning message.

Best,
Alex