Services Plugins FAQs

šŸ’³ Stripe Marketplace Express Checkout - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Thank for reply. I know what you mean but Bubble adds two 0 when using :formated as.
Any way I divided by 100 and the problem is solved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does the Stripe Marketplace Plugin work on a Bubble Hobby Plan? or do I have to upgrade before I can implement the workflows?

Hi @majd.sarhan,

Thanks for reaching out. Sure, you can use the plugin even on a Hobby plan, but it would be required to buy the plugin, because the monthly subscription to plugins works only on paid plans. You can find more information here.

And the functionality you are willing to implement, also depends on Bubble plan. If you want to schedule APIs then it also requires a paid plan. You can find more information on this matter here.

Hope it helps. :pray:

Best,
Alex

1 Like

Thanks Alexander! Iā€™ve already bought the plugin but since Iā€™m having trouble creating sellers I thought my bubble plan could be the reason. Do I need to remove or other stripe plugins, stripe.js 2 and bublleā€™s stripe plugins?

If not then Iā€™ll share my workflows to get your input.

Thanks!

Hi @majd.sarhan,

Thanks for feedback. Other plugins should not be a problem, but just make sure to use plugin actions of Stripe Marketplace Express.

We do have documentation here that I strongly encourage to study, and you can also check our new extended demo and its editor, so you can preview all the workflows and replicate things on your side to make it work. There are multiple use cases with plugin features that you can find.

1 Like

Hi @alexandru,

Thanks for the reply! Iā€™m still struggling to create a seller; however, I still havenā€™t covered all the learnings about it through the demo you linked me to.

My question now is, being able to create a customer and a CC through this plugin, Iā€™m not able to create a charge. the workflow executes but no charge is registered in my Stripe account. Iā€™ve used the ā€˜platform charge a customer actionā€™

P.S. I was able to create a charge using the stripe.js 2 plugin before in the same app, the same workflow, and the same input.

Thanks!

Hi @majd.sarhan,

Thanks for feedback. We have recently updated our Stripe demo so now it is an extended one. There are multiple scenarios which you can use the plugin for, with a couple of steps to follow. Please check the demo and its editor so you can replicate the workflows on your side. You can also find the scenario for platform charcing a customer, if this is what you are looking for. But if you simply want to chare a customer as a seller, the overall setup is the following:

1. create a bank account token
  2. when bank account token is created, you implement the following action steps: 1) creates a new seller; 2) sets the SellerID etc. (but it would be best to save this SellerID into your database at this step, as youā€™ll need it later on)
  3. separate button for creating a card token
  4. when card token is created, you implement the following action steps: 1) create a customer; 2) set state CustomerID; 3) set state CardID; and when actually paying, you have to: 4) Link customer to a seller; 5) seller charge a customer etc.

Please check the mentioned links to see how it is done, as it is the best way to understand how it works. :pray:

1 Like

Hi,

Iā€™m getting an error message with the ā€˜seller charge a customerā€™ action. The seller account is enabled in test mode. Appreciate your inputs!

Hi @majd.sarhan,

Thanks for feedback. Unfortunately, this error is not reproducing on our side. Could you please make sure that everything is configured properly as per our docs, then check the editor to see how this workflow actually works so you can replicate on your side as well.

You can test the demo for this scenario here:

And also make sure that your test mode is toggled in Stripe dashboard and your accounts are enabled and verified, in order to make the payment work.

Best,

1 Like

[edit]

okay, Iā€™m a dummy

this works

@alexandru

Hey Alex,

how can I transform unix into date from API call?

:thinking:

I cant figure out how to format it. Maybe the problem is that data os formatted as number?

Hey Team Zeroqode,

Thanks for making this plugin. Iā€™ve been using it for a while now as an alternative to Stripe.js and have generally liked it. That said, Iā€™ve begun getting a larger and larger number of declines here as I havenā€™t updated my flows to be SCA compliant yet.

Iā€™d like to do that and stay with the Marketplace plugin, but on my first review of the demo it looks like youā€™re using the ā€œCreate Sessionā€ flow to create a payment intent rather than doing that via API call. This would mean redirecting away from the page and back again whenever a user wanted to enter a new payment method. Is this correct? Or is there already a ā€œCreate Payment Methodā€ action that Iā€™ve missed somewhere?

hi @alexandru

Is there a way to make this call more secure? Simple Bubble bug not defaulting to 0 in my case will show all the platform transaction which would be a big no no. (context: I am displaying history of payments for connected account)

Hi guys,

Thanks for reaching out.

@future4dev yes, it is possible to format it as date even if the arrival_date is a number:

Just use the :formatted and set it the way you want.

@brian.schuring unfortunately, it is possible to do it with a redirect only, but besides ā€˜Create a sessionā€™ this plugin also comes with ā€˜Create a payment intentā€™ and you can set the payment_method if you will.

Please check our demo and its editor to preview the workflows to see how the userflow works, and perhaps replicate on your side. And check our docs as well for more information.

Thanks for understanding. :pray:

Best,
Alex

@future4dev

As for this one:

It is already secured, meaning, if there is an incorrect key or it is missing, Stripe will throw an error so you wonā€™t be able to retrieve anything at all. So it is best just to set it as it is, and if you want to retrieve the Current Userā€™s id then simply leave this way, so if it is dynamically empty or invalid, you want be able to get the data.

Hope it helps.

hey thanks for taking the time

well description of the param. says the opposite :thinking:

in my app it displays all the platform transactions if the field is empty

maybe because of the dev mode?

Thanks @future4dev for feedback.

Sorry for misleading. If you leave this header field as empty, it is not going to display all of the platform transactions but platformā€™s charges instead of the single account you want to retrieve charges from. So if you want to display the history of charges for a connected account of the Current User, just make sure your workflows are asking for an ID so this field is not empty, if you donā€™t want to display the platformā€™s charges.

2 Likes

Hi @levon and @alexandru. I have a pre-sale question with which I was hoping you could help. Iā€™m building a fairly complex, multi-seller app using Bubble and am trying to decide which Stripe plugin will best suit my use case.

First, a bit of context: Iā€™m building a subscription-based product where users will purchase a certain number of ā€œcreditsā€ each month. These credits can be redeemed for products offered by my vendors. Whenever, a subscriber uses some of their credits to unlock a product from a vendor, we will transfer the appropriate amount of funds from our platform account to the sellerā€™s connected account. Finally, we plan to payout these funds to our sellers once a week.

Iā€™ve done enough research to know that Iā€™ll have to use separate charges and transfers. That said, it seems Bubbleā€™s native plugin supports this use case, as well. Can you give me more insight into if/why your plugin would better serve our needs?

Thank you!

Cheers,

TS

Hi @ts1,

Thanks for reaching out. You can easily go with Bubbleā€™s native Stripe plugin. Our plugin is more enhanced in terms of features you can use, but it is important to note that for subscriptions it is going to be a combination between plugin and Bubble in order to achieve your needs, whether you use Bubbleā€™s native Stripe or our Stripe Marketplace, and it also depends on your Bubble plan of how often youā€™ll be able to schedule workflows. :pray:

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alex

1 Like

Thanks so much for the follow-up here. Not sure Iā€™m completely following, though. When you say subscriptions will require a combination of your plugin and Bubble, what do you mean exactly? Likewise, how would scheduled workflows fit into this? My understanding is that payout frequency is configured within Stripe itself, and we would be triggering transfers based on customer actions client-side, so where do you see scheduled workflows being required? Really appreciate the help.

Hi @ts1,

Thanks for feedback. Sorry for any misleading, let me provide more insights.

It really depends on your project idea, but based on your described preferences, you would need a paid Bubble plan if you want to automatically transfer funds to seller, because this is how Bubble will allow you to work. You can still accomplish it with a Hobby plan, meaning you donā€™t need to schedule workflows to transfer the funds, but it will be required to do it manually at your own, once a week.

However, you are able to set the platform subscription (monthly, for example) which is already integrated, but if you want to somehow transfer the funds on a monthly/weekly basis to a seller, it is only possible via recurring events which depend on your Bubble plan.

Ref: https://forum.bubble.io/t/new-feature-recurring-workflows/10079

Hope it helps.