Services Plugins FAQs

Stripe payout issues

Hi

I am using a Zeropquode template with the Stripe plugin for payout of sellers on a marketplace. The test sellers are able to onboard on to stripe however when I test the payout it does not seem to send through when the create a transfer workflow is used. I am receiving the following error below:

The create a transfer workflow works by looking at the sellers stripe id- I am not sure if this is automatically updating on their profile when they complete stripe onboarding and are redirected back to my website.

Can anyone help with with this- I am using Stripe Connect Standard

Hi @goalgetters69, thanks for reaching out.

The error 400 might be related to the fact that Stripe credentials weren’t indicate right.

Please be sure that you’ve followed the supporting documentation, and indicated correctly the required Stripe API into API Connector (each of the 5 custom Stripe requests).

Also, for reference, please see the explanation of each error number: Error codes | Stripe Documentation

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Thanks for this Serg- I have updated the keys based on my stripe account but it seems to still not be working

I have tried using initialize call on each api (e.g retrieve customer, create a transfer etc.) but they all fail. There seem to be some built in URL paramaters - value with the customer id for example which I do not recognise. Am I supposed to update these individually for it to work- I am not sure where this customer ID has come from?

The same happens when I place create a transfer it says the value of the destination does not exist but I do not know where these came from. Retrieve balance seems to work.

Matt

Hi @goalgetters69, thanks for the reply.

In order to check the correctness of all payment-related workflow, allow me to recommend you the following:

That will allow you to check and compare the settings, and identify the possible errors if any.

Kindly note that you don’t need to abandon the existing project. The new project will be a freshly created app based on your template, which simply needs to be configured as per our doc instructions, and everything should be up-and-running on your side as well.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Hi Serg

I have tried this but am receiving the same result - could you explain the built in parameters in the template as these are what appear in the error message. Do these need to be changed edited to dynamic value?

Retrieve customer- customer ID cus_I3w8sXqyfbNBam
Create a transfer - amount 100, destination acct_1HBzeoHzwphqzv86
Create a refund - charge is showing as blank

All of this is appearing in the same way even when I create a new app. The calls seem to work when I use the old development key however this is not the one linked to my stripe account but the one in the template.

I have followed all the instructions very closely but cannot seem to identify the problem

Thanks again for your support, it is much appreaciated

Matt

Hi Matt @goalgetters69, thank you for the last detail provided.

The template logic and payment flow are working well on our end.

Please be sure that when you insert your Stripe API keys, you are leaving intact the first part of the key value. Here is a screenshot for reference: https://prnt.sc/111h19o

Hope it helps.

In case the error will persist, please let me know.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Hi Serg

Yer my format looks fine - see attached

When I add the development key that is already in the template it seems to work but then as soon as I add mine it produces the error.
Thank you for your ongoing support- any other issuers it could be?

The keys are working to make a charge but the retrieve customer and transfer is where it does not work.

Matt

This is what I am seeing for the rest - Retrieve balance is the the only one that seems to initalise with out an error as it is the only one that doesnt have any parameters

Let me know any other thoughts on what this could be

Hi @goalgetters69, thanks for providing the details.

Considering them seems that the issue is related to the correct usage of the Stripe dashboard and corresponding API keys.
Unfortunately, we can’t help and intervene in setting up the third-party services, unrelated to our own credentials.
Deeply apologies that can’t help you in this regard.
All that I can recommend at this moment - is to follow the supporting documentation mentioned above, during the setup of the template payment flow.

Sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Serg- could you briefly explain what the built in customer ids and destination values are in the template as this is what seem to be causing my problem. Why is the the value amount static at “100” for example?

This is what seems to be causing my problem - the built in values in the template.

There seems to only be one customer id baked in but surely this needs to be dynamic. I believe the call is only working for one customer id that is registered to your stripe account rather that dynamic for multiple users?

Let me know if you could help with this as this seems to be the error

Hi @Serg

I think I managed to solve the problem.

When the uplance template is purchased there are built in stripe customer ids and account ids. These are specific to someones individual stripe account so at the moment it is configured to zeroqodes and when someone buys the template they dont have those account in their stripe account- this is why it would work on your end and not mine. I have updated these from code from my account based on test customers on my stripe.

Happy to share how I did this if it helps your add more detail to your guides so your future customers dont have this challenge

Really appreciate your support

Matt

Dear @goalgetters69, I am glad to hear that you’ve managed to solve the issue.
We will check and see how the template current supporting documentation can be updated, in order to provide more information to users about the payment flow.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,

Almost 2 years ago, but I could really use the information on the solution you found. Thank you.

Hi @odomrob2000, thanks for your message.

To adjust the template to your own project requirements, please be sure to check the template’s supporting documentation as well as check the payment workflows and change the default information as per your own.

For example:
charge workflow

If there will be any other template-related questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Thanks @Serg. Seems like my admin page is successfully communicating with Stripe, so that’s good, but during a simulated transaction in the template I’m getting insufficient balance error messages. I know this may be a Stripe setup not an Uplance question, but do you know how to load more simulated funds into my test stripe account? See picture.

Hi @odomrob2000 and @Serg,

We have the same issue with the insufficient balance error. Would be great to get some guidance on this.

We are using the Uplance template and trying to update the payment accounts.We are having some issues with our connected Stripe account. We have a marketplace where users can purchase a service and then money will go to our connected account, then 90% to the seller and then 10% to our main Stripe account.
On the front end when trying to complete the payment we get an error stating “No such destination”. In the back end on the API Connector for Stripe we get the following issues:

• on the call "Request transfer we get an error stating “balance-insufficient”: There was an issue setting up your call. Raw response for the API Status code 400 { “error”: { “code”: “balance_insufficient”, “doc_url”: "Error codes | Stripe Documentation", “message”: “Insufficient funds in Stripe account. In test mode, you can add funds to your available balance (bypassing your pending balance) by creating a charge with 4000 0000 0000 0077 as the card number. You can use the /v1/balance endpoint to view your Stripe balance (for more details, see stripe.com/docs/api#balance).”, “request_log_url”:
  • “Retrieve a customer”: There was an issue setting up your call. Raw response for the API Status code 404 { “error”: { “code”: “resource_missing”, “doc_url”: "Error codes | Stripe Documentation", “message”: “No such customer: ‘cus_I3w8sXqyfbNBam’”, “param”: “id”, “request_log_url”:

Many thanks,
L

Hi @odomrob2000, thanks for your reply.

As mentioned in your error, you need to top up your test account balance.
For that, please enter your Stripe test account and create a new payment:

using the indicated credentials:

Please check all payment workflows and replace the default data with information that relates to your own project.

If there will be any other questions or issues related to our template, please let me know.

Regards,

@Serg that worked like a champ. I’m happy to report it’s working now as expected. Thanks for the effective support.

1 Like

@odomrob2000 glad to hear that it worked. If there will be any other questions about our products, you know where to find us :wink:

Have a great day!

Regards,