Services Plugins FAQs

Trying to create a download link on mysitename.com/file.txt

Query for “URL Router for Navigation - New Free Plugin from Zeroqode (🌐 URL Router for Navigation - New Free Plugin from Zeroqode)”

Long story - a service is asking me to upload a text string on mysitename.com/file.txt
Now bubble does not support “.txt” in slug names so I am using the plugin.

While I can redirect mysitename/file to mysitename.com/file.txt
I cannot call mysitename.com/file.txt directly!

Guess this plugin can do that somehow? Please help!

Hello, @arjun
Thanks for your answer.

Allow me to note that the URL Routing Plugin helps you change the URL without reloading and extracts the different sections of the URL. So, you can use routing to define URLs that are semantically meaningful to users.
But using this plugin does not affect the process of downloading files automatically from any section of the site.

It means that even after reaching mysitename.com/file.txt the file download process will not start.

We recommend you use the Link Element in your application for redirecting the link with a text file.
In case you want to be redirected to a text file, make sure that you specify the correct direction to the text file in the workflow.

If we have not correctly understood your request, please let us know.

Hope it helps.
BR,

1 Like

Thank you @Ecaterina!

I actually found the answer in Settings > SEO > Hosting files in root directory

1 Like

Hello, @arjun

We are happy to hear that you analyzed the plugin and find an answer to your question.
In case of any additional questions- be free to contact us.

If you like our plugin, could you please rate it by going to the Plugins tab in Bubble editor?
You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves.

The more feedback we get, the more motivated to build great plugins.

BR,

1 Like