Services Plugins FAQs

Unable to delete the file upload to S3

Hi,
I have the file uploaded to S3 and when I try to put a delete action nothing is happening (file is not getting deleted)

Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks
Regards
Satish

Hey, @satish.sreenivasan
Thanks for your question.

In order to figure out this issue, can you please provide us some details regarding the Parent’s Group, where all the URLs are stored?

It is possible that the group is not linked with the plugin element, so Deleting is not happening.

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

Hi @Ecaterina Thanks for super quick response

The parent group is calling this data from this Table

The billfile that you can see in the table is uploaded through this component only. But I am now unable to delete the uploaded file

Is there any extra info that you need?
Thanks

Hello, @satish.sreenivasan

Please note that Delete action works with the files, uploaded to AWS, so firstly, it will be deleted from your S3 bucket, but not Bubble DB.

Thus, please check your bucket and let me know if uploaded files are deleted from the bucket through this action.
Note that “Delete files” feature was fixed in the latest plugin versions, thus check if you are suing the latest one for your application.

Looking to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,

Hi @Ecaterina Sorry for the delayed response. Yes you are right the data is getting deleted from the S3 but not getting deleted from the S3.
How can I update the plugin?
Thanks
Satish

Hello, @satish.sreenivasan

Please note that you can upgrade the plugin to the latest version by accessing the Plugin’s Tab in the left-side menu:

After it, you will find the version of the plugin. In case your current version is the latest one - let me know.

Best regards,

Hi @Ecaterina I just updated the plugin but I dont have any luck in making this work.

Ideally if the component would have rendered the file loaded as per this request, I wouldn’t have needed to look at this approach at all

The issue is I am unable to retrieve the file in the edit modal and delete or update.

The usecases where the plugin is failing for me is

1. When the file is uploaded, when click on delete the file is getting deleted in S3 but not getting deleted in Database
  2. When I call the file for the relevant group as we call other data points it does not call the file from S3.
    Even if it does, it called the same file for the next group also. What that means is that when we update wrong bill file will get attached.

Hey, @satish.sreenivasan

Unfortunately, it is not possible to preview the file before deleting it. You can only check the file yourself via the URL of the file in your bucket and then delete it.

As I mentioned in another thread, seems like your workflow is not totally correct, so I will check it.

Please note that the main purpose of the delete file action - removing the file from the S3. Thus, files will not be removed from your Bubble DataBase. You need to configure this action by yourself :pray:

Best regards,