Services Plugins FAQs

Uplance: Category & Skills filters not working

Hi

In the Uplance template, on the ‘find_freelancer’ page, filtering freelancers by category or skills does not seem to work.

I’ve changed the label of Category to Genre, but left Skills as it was in the original template.

I’ve replaced the genres (categories) with new options in the database and done the same for skills. I’ve not changed any workflows or conditions however. I’ve checked the template against mine and both are exactly the same.

Any ideas why this won’t work?

One thing that looks a little strange are the 3 conditions set on Dropdown Category. They mention something about “page URL is developer” and “page URL is design” and “page URL is admin”. I cannot find any page URLs with those names.

Skills doesn’t have any conditions at all.

You can see what I mean on this page: https://findadj.online/find-dj/1597921103936x734111825596513500

Try filtering for genre HOUSE which should bring me up in the results. Likewise the skill Club DJ should also bring me up.

In fact, none of the filters on that page seem to work: English level, Hourly rate - both aren’t working either.

freelancerHourlyRateName is not being set when the user sets their freelancerHourlyRate rate - just exploring why that is but that is likely the cause of the hourly rate filter not working…

Hello, @paul.townley-jones. Thanks for reaching out.

I suppose the renaming of the drop-down values by changing them only in the Category table won’t work.

The best way to change the list of Genres/Categories to fit your app, is to delete all old records, that were used in the template (but left the tables in the database) and create brand new genres via the admin page.

Why do I recommending this - in a case if you want just to change the Categories table values (with the genre names, etc), it can’t do the trick because the values of the Categories table are used in other tables. And all new job offers, that were created without indicating a “new” renamed category, won’t be searchable on the find_job/find-dj page.

You can try to create the new application using the template as a base and check the workability of my recommendation. Create a new app, go to the admin page > Category table, delete all old categories and create new once (genres, I suppose). Also, remove all old job offers from the template, to avoid mixing them with your new content.

The point of this - to remove the old template’s content but keep the workable structure (linked connections between categories and jobs, listed in the database).

I hope my suggestion will be useful and workable for you :pray:
Regards,
Kate

Hi Kate. Thanks for the reply. I deleted all categories and skills from the table and added new one’s via the Admin panel. The filters still do not work :confused:
Any other ideas?
Thanks
Paul

@paul.townley-jones,

Can you please add our support email as a collaborator of your app - support@zeroqode.com
I will take a look at your app setup, if you don’t mind, and try to find the root cause of your trouble.

(You can add support account as a colaborator even if your app plan is a Hobby)

Regards,
Kate

Hi Kate
I believe support already has access.
Thanks
Paul

@paul.townley-jones,

Yes, indeed. We already have an access to your app, apologies :slightly_smiling_face:
I will get back to you asap, when I have some useful insights. Thank you for your patience :pray:

Regards,
Kate

@paul.townley-jones,

Paul, I have investigated your app (find-dj page, FiendFreelancerResults group). To make the filters work - it was needed to activate the Ignore Empty Constraints checkbox within the FiendFreelancerResults group Conditionals (in each 7 filtered value):

Now there should be no issue with Genres and Skills filtering :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards, Kate

Thanks Kate. Had this been inadvertently switched off, or is it something the user needs to know to turn on when going live, or was it a bug in the template?

@paul.townley-jones,

You are always welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Nope, this is not a template bug, as long as the “clear” template without any changes works properly.

It is more like the editor feature, where you need to specify clearly the data you’re referring to within the dropdown constraint:

https://manual.bubble.io/working-with-data/dynamic-expressions#constraints

Regards, Kate