Services Plugins FAQs

Uplance - skip Stripe sign up upon registration

Hi,

A massive barrier for the user with the Uplance template is the requirement for the freelancer to connect a Stripe account immediately when signing up. This results in a very poor UX and an EXTREMELY high bounce rate from my testing.

Are there any instructions or has anyone been successful in removing this step during sign up, and simply allow the user to connect their stripe account at a later date such as clicking a ‘Connect to Stripe’ button in their user profile? I’d much rather the usual UX of letting people connect their PayPal/Stripe if they want to get paid type scenario.

On another note, if a user cancels the Stripe connection when they sign up, they can still log in to the Uplance app later - only they now have no payment gateway connected. How does that work if they need to pay/get paid in future - how can they connect it? Seems like an important step has been missed here.

If anyone’s done this or knows how to do it I’d be interested in how you went about it.

The experience can be seen by signing up here https://findadj.online

I’m likely to abandon this project if I cannot work around this, as the Stripe integration has been a complete nightmare on this template! I wish I’d noticed the Stripe sign up before I purchased the template, so anyone looking to buy it I highly recommend you try the signing up procedure rather than simply browse around the app template as an already logged in user which is what I did.

Thanks
Paul

Hi, @paul.townley-jones!

Thanks for reaching out and for your feedback!
Currently, we are working on improving this template. Unfortunately, I cannot give you approximate estimates on this matter. Apologies for the inconvenience :pray:
However, I may give you a hint that can help you in this case. To be able to connect a Stripe account later, you need to remove the step- “Register the user as a seller” in the workflow and add it in the workflow of the button on the page you want.

Hope this helps and thanks a lot for your feedback again!
Best, Julia.

Thanks Julia. That’s what I was sort of thinking, I just didn’t want to cut that step out and cause further problems in the template! If it is as clean cut as that, I will try it and see.
Cheers, Paul

Hi, @paul.townley-jones!

You are always welcome :slight_smile:

If you like our template you can rate it by going to Template tab in Bubble editor. Find the template by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :slight_smile:
The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great templates :slight_smile:

Also if you have any questions, please, let us know!
Best, Julia.

I’ve added a ‘Connect with Stripe’ button to the freelancer’s profile so hopefully that works out. I managed to move the workflow easily enough.

Hi, @paul.townley-jones!

Glad to hear that you’ve managed to move the workflow :slight_smile:

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us!

Best Regards, Julia.

Hello, I found this tread and am having the same issue. I have added a Connect to Stripe button on the freelancer account page and deleted the Connect Stripe button at the end of the onboarding flow, but I dont know how to finalize the onboarding and take them back to their account page. I think it still needs that last stripe bullet to resolve first. Can someone advise how to do this? Do I delete the entire Stripe bullet step, if so how? And if not, what is the work around to finalize onboarding and take then to thier accont page? @Julia

Hi @billkellynyc, thanks for reaching out, and allow me to reply on the behalf of my colleague.

In case you want to remove completely the Stripe processes from the onboarding flow, besides the removal of Stripe-related buttons\fields, you need to check and remove Stripe-related actions from workflows.
Kindly note that one element action, like button click, can trigger different events, so please check all related workflows.
See the screenshot for reference: https://prnt.sc/112ctlx

Also, for a more convenient adjustment process, you can create a separate app with an initial template build and compare the initial workflow and adjusted ones.

Hope it helps.

Regards,