Services Plugins FAQs

Uplance template errors in find job location and privacy setting

Hello there
I noticed a couple bugs in the Uplance template and I double checked that the newest version (dated August 2021) has the same issues. Can anyone help please?

1. Privacy setting incomplete: The freelancer can choose to put his/her profile private; similarly, the employer can choose to put their job post invite only. But during my QA, I noticed that after logging out the accounts, the profile URL and project URL are still available publicly. Similar problem when they choose the “Uplance only” setting.
  2. Job location not functional: Under find job-the location preference does not work. I can pick whatever countries but the search results do not reflect that.

Thanks a lot!

Hello, @dw227
Thanks for reaching out.

Please allow me to check your request internally and to revert with a response ASAP. Thanks for the understanding.

Best regards,

1 Like

Hello, @dw227
Thanks for your patience.

As for this point, allow me to mention that all these changes should be selected and changed within the DataBase:

After applying the default settings for the app, you should deploy the DataBase.

Allow me to mention that there are a lot of possible reasons for this case. Please allow us to investigate this issue with our developer team and to revert with an update :pray:

Thanks for the understanding.
Best regards,

Hi there, just wanted to let you know that for question #1, those default settings were unchanged on my end. The problem arises when user picks a more private (Uplance only or private) setting, nothing would change (profile URL still available publicly and user profile is still searchable in the search bar).

Hello, @dw227
Thanks for the concretization.

I have double-checked the scenario when the Freelancer set his profile as “Privat”. Please note that all are working from our side.
The private account of the Freelancer, or of the Company could be visible only for the Admin of the application. Please find my screenshots below:

Please make sure that you have not checked the freelancer from the admin account.
Best regards,

Hi there, if you try to set the freelancer profile private, this profile URL would be available publicly without logging in. Same case for project post that are set as invite-only, the project url would still be available publicly and the project can be found in the search bar.

Hello, @dw227
Thanks for the additional details.

Allow us to check both points and to revert with details to you.
Thanks for the understanding.

Best regards,

1 Like

Hello, @dw227
Thanks for the patience.

By this message, I would like to notify you, that we have fixed the mentioned issues: invite-only job and find the job filtering.

As for this, allow me to mention that it is not a bug, but the way of the template work. We do not expect users outside the platform to search for freelancers using their profile links. But you can create this option by yourself.

In order to work with an already updated template, you will need to follow these steps:

• Create a completely new application, and in the dropdown “start from template” select the corrected Eaty template ;
  • manually copy all the settings you used in the previous application.

Best regards,

Thank you Ecaterina. Can you show in a screen shot whats changed for the “find the job filtering” and “Invite-only job”? I am having a hard time finding the changes.

Hello, @dw227
Thanks for the question.

In order to see the changes, you just need to update the version of the template.
In order to work with an already updated template, you will need to follow these steps:

• Create a completely new application, and in the dropdown “start from template” select the corrected template ;
  • manually copy all the settings you used in the previous application.

So, after you will start an application with a new template, the required options already will be applied.
As an example, please find the screencast, where we create a new Job Offer, which is available for invite-only:
https://www.loom.com/share/7faaaff282e04294986e9159681232a1

Here you can see, that all is working properly and if you set the status of posts like “invite-only”, it will be visible only for invited users.
You can explore this by testing the upgraded template’s version.

In case I can help you with some additional information - let me know.
Best regards,

Thank you Ecaterina. To be clear, I understand how to see the new template. but the thing is, I made so many changes to my previous template already, that if there is any way that you can point out for me the exact changes (screenshots) that you made, it would be easier and I can copy over to my old template. Thanks a lot.

Hello, @dw227

Please find the screenshots with the changes below:

You should specify that you only show in the search (two search options) the job that says “anyone”, i.e. for everyone.

Please try it and let me know if it works now :slightly_smiling_face:
Best regards,

Thank you!
What about the second bug “Job location not functional”? Could you show me what was fixed? (Under find job-the location preference does not work. I can pick whatever countries but the search results do not reflect that.)

Hello, @dw227
Sorry for misleading you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please allow me to provide you this instruction for checking the searching option:
1. Open the find-job page;
2. Find RG Job;
3. Go to tab conditional;
4. Add a conditional;
5. Enter the data source → for simplicity, copy “data source” from the appearance tab
6. Set “filtered”;
7. Write the conditions filtered.

Hope it will be helpful for you.
Best regards,

Thank you a bunch. I did exactly that. But for some reason, only one job shows up when I tried to pick “United States”. My site is Ambitionary. I tried the same with Uplance | Find Job. If i search for USA, only one job shows up. Do you know the reason why? i can add you as a collaborator if needed. Thanks!

Hello, @dw227
Thanks for the question and sorry for my late reply.

In order to check this issue at the nearest time, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.
Regards,

Thank you a bunch! I just did that sharing collaboration and my link is Ambitionary

Hello, @dw227
Thanks for the provided access.

Please allow me to mention that after checking your application, we defined that you have not implemented the changes, which I have shared with you in my previous messages. Thus, I will double-share them here. I strongly recommend you to use exact settings from the screenshots in order to reach the required functionality.

After checking this option, we defined that only one job is open, thus only this offer you can search. All other positions are “completed” or “deleted”. Please find the screenshots below:

Also, as I mentioned, I would like to share repeatedly the screenshot of the settings, which you should implement:

Please check all these points and fix them within your application.

In order to avoid some situations, we always recommend to our users to create a new application from the upgraded template, because it helps to works smoothly.
Another solution is to open the upgraded template and to compare step-by-step all settings, which were upgraded. It can take some time, but this is the only solution (except the fixing by yourself).

Hope it will help you.
Best regards,

Hi there,
Thank you for noting all those! It makes sense now. One last note, I think the visibility options should include both anyone AND “only Uplance talent”.
Thanks again!

Hello, @dw227
Thanks for your suggestion.

Please allow me to mention that this option is already included in the template’s database:

If this possibility is not convenient for you, note that you can add an additional field within the database:

In order to work smoothly with adding any new entries, please check this documentation:

Hope it will help you.
Best regards,