Services Plugins FAQs

Working with Sheets plugin in Bubble

I have a list of things I would like for my bubble app to do in regards to google sheets. I have the keys and everything in order as well as a google authentication in log in from google. I am looking for some help with actually using the plug in. I have referenced the plugin work flows but i cant understand how it works. Below is a list of things i want to do with my bubble app

1.) when a page is loaded… a new google sheet is created (i want to be able to format the sheets to a specific way when loaded as well.)
2.)I want to take information from an input in my bubble app and put them into a spread sheet
3.) I want to be able to view the spreadsheet in the app
4.) I want to be able to export or save the spreadsheet into google drive or (even better)to a users computer.

Thank you very much for your time.

Very Respectfully,

Josh

Hello @josh5,
Thank you for reaching out!

Can you please let me know the full name of the plugin? We provide 3 different plugins that work with Google Sheets. The full name will help us understand which plugin are you referring to.

Best Regards,
Alex

Alex,

I have looked over the workflows for the demo and I cant seem to get it to work. When the workflow say create spreadsheet where is it created? how do I access it? Below are the screenshots from ‘my plugins’ from my app. Thank you for your help in advance.

Josh

Below is the workflow used in the plug in. How did you get the ‘Set state’? ca I run a test of this in the preview of bubble?

Hello Josh,

Thank you for providing the name of the plugin.

Here are the answers to your questions:

You can use the workflow “Button Create New Spreadshe is clicked” and trigger it on the page load.

For this can be used the workflow “Button Write To Cell is clicked”

It can be displayed on the page using the HTML element that has the URL of the created spreadsheet as presented on our demo page.

The spreadsheet can be downloaded from the window for viewing it.

It is created on the account connected to the plugin. You can access it using the data calls and actions of the plugin.

‘Set state’ is a default Bubble functionality - you can find more about it here

Yes, sure you can use our demo page to see how the plugin works.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Alex

For some reason I still cant get this to work. If i run your workflows in bubble it comes up with an error box but if I run it in the demo on your website it works fine.

This is my set up below and the result.

please help. can we PM or get on a conference call to get this to work?

Thank you,

Josh

Hello @josh5,

I’m afraid for plugins and templates purchase we provide support only over the intercom and forum.

Could you please explain what are you trying to achieve with this workflow and share a screen of the actions’ settings from the workflow you showed?

Best Regards,
Alex

Alex,
When a file is uploaded using the document viewer, I want to show a new google sheet in a slider. When a file is loaded using the document viewer i want the name of the spreadsheet to change to the name of the file uploaded. I also have a button if it is easier to program ‘create spreadsheet’. Below are some screenshots of my idea. This shows the slider when the slider is open. I want the spreadsheet to show in this slider. I have the slider programmed to open and close and an html element in the slider but nothing shows. The second screenshot is of the console and where the slider is placed. Please help.

Thank you,

Josh

Hello @josh5,

Thank you for providing all the details. Please make sure that your workflow is the following.

1.Create Spreadsheet > 2. Allow spreadsheet access (User or Everyone) The second action should use the SpreadSheet ID from action 1. Between action may be needed a pause in order to provide enough time for processing. Also, please make sure that your HTML file contains the following:

I think for you may be useful also to see how the workflows are set up on our demo page, here is the link to the editor: Zeroqode-demo-16 | Bubble Editor

Hope that will help!

Best Regards,
Alex

For some reason I cant seem to get a request token and to check private key. I went to google and got a private key from the my service account under the credentials tab in the user console. downloaded the json, and input the key into the google sheets plug in. This is the screen i get after trying to create a new spreadsheet. should I use the API connector to add the credentials? Can y9u help me with getting thie credentials to get this to work? Thank you.

Hello @josh5,

No, it is not needed to use API connector to add the credentials. Please check our documentation regarding obtaining Service Account Keys and make sure you followed each step. Also, it will be helpful to check the documentation of the plugin in order to have a better understanding of how the plugin works here you can find it: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/google-sheets-and-charts-service-plugin

Best Regards,
Alex

Alex,

After doing the steps from the previous post I still cannot get the plug in to work. It comes back that the token cant be signed. Below are some screenshots of what I have tried. What do you think the problem is? Thank you.

Josh

Hello @josh5,

Maybe you didn’t edit the key, please check once again the documentation and especially pay attention to the part with editing the key. If that will not work try to create another key.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hey Alex, I am facing the same issue! I have tried remaking the service project, created the key multiple times( gotten rid of “\n” and “=” ), despite all the efforts I get the following message " Could not sign request token, check private key." Help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Hello @brent,

In case you already tried a few times to create and edit keys without any success than in order to find out the cause of the issue we will need access to your app. If you don’t mind could you please add support@zeroqode.com as collaborators to your app and let us know on which page you are using the plugin. When adding us as collaborators you may see the notification about the limitation of your plan, please disregard it.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex - I’ve added you in, please check page ‘recruiter_assessing_v3’ when Button ‘Cool’ is clicked; the problem happens when launching step 2 - “could not sign request token, check private key”

Thank you! We will check your app and will provide an answer ASAP!

Best Regards,
Alex

@brent hi again,

We have checked your app. Unfortunately, the key is not set up accordingly to the documentation. Currently, at least the key doesn’t have “BEGIN PRIVATE KEY” and “END PRIVATE KEY”. Please take a look once again over the documentation and make sure you have followed all steps from there. My recommendation is to create a new key and edit in accordance with the documentation.

Best Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex, I’ve created a new key & implemented as according to the instructions. Had the header “BEGIN PRIVATE KEY” and “END PRIVATE KEY” in but the same error message persists.

Could you check the page ‘test’ I’ve created a simple workflow specifically to test this API call.

Thanks so much!

Hello @brent

We have checked your app, seems like the action works as expected on the test page it was created for checking. We’ve added the action to create a spreadsheet on button click event.
It works fine.
Please see the page for the result:

I would recommend for you to check out, our demo setup: Zeroqode-demo-16 | Bubble Editor
For better understanding how to set up the actions/events in workflow.
Thanks for understanding.
:pray:

Best Regards.
Alex