Services Plugins FAQs

ZQ Rich Text Editor - New Plugin From Zeroqode

Thanks @alexandru, sounds good

Hi @paul2,

Unfortunately, these issues are not reproducing on our side, after a couple rounds of testing. Without knowing more about your workflows and configurations, I can give a hint that might help. So, if you test it on a page and it works, it might be a Bubble issue. You can check the editor of our demo app here zeroqode-demo-06 | Bubble Editor to see how it works and preview the settings. Also, try to make sure that you have the latest upgrade of this plugin.

However, there are a couple of important mentions:

This is actually an event, meaning it detects ‘when text changed’ and then you have to implement a workflow action to it, if you will. It is not modifying the text. You might modify the text with the following action, if you will:

But you can already modify the text just by simply typing some different value in the text editor itself.

Unfortunately, this one is not reproducing on our side, too.

Please make sure to check on the suggestions above, first. But, if you still experience the same or any other issues, it would be best to share more details, like: screenshots/screencast of your workflow and plugin settings, what you are trying to accomplish with this plugin, the exact steps to reproduce, browser and OS you are using to develop the app. This way, we can better understand whether it is a plugin issue or not, then get back with a feedback asap.

Plugin’s documentation - https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/zq-rich-text-editor-plugin, that might be useful.

Hope it helps.

Thanks @alexandru…unfortunately didn’t help us.

Here’s an idea from our dev… “Could you ask them to create an empty app with the plugin included, give us access, then I could rebuild the same example there and see if it works the same. If yes, they’ll have all necessary info and app access to thoroughly test it.”

Hi @paul2,

After another round of testing, this event seems not to be working specifically for the ZQ RTE element. Let us investigate with our development team and I’ll get back to you with a feedback on this matter asap. :pray:

Sorry, but this issue is still not reproducing on our side. As I can see, this behavior is reproducing in your app, indeed. However, we cannot tell exactly why, without knowing more about your settings and workflows.

Unfortunately, it is not possible. But, we could check on your app if you build one, in order to demonstrate the specific use case, then share the app/editor with us. Also, please share more details like previously mentioned in this thread, at least some screenshots of your plugin element settings and workflows, so we could better understand whether it is a plugin issue or not.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi @paul2,

I’m reaching out back to notify that we’ve fixed the issue with Text Changed event for the ZQ RTE element. Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try.

Thanks @alexandru! Let me pass this info along and we’ll re-try

@alexandru

Not sure it fixes everything, event trigger seems to be fixed, but new line character is not displayed properly (everything was entered in the middle field, ZQ RTE):

1. Every “1” was entered on a new line which is displayed on the left multi line field (standard Bubble element), but both ZQ RTE editors removed “new lines”.
  2. Every "2’ was also entered on a new line and I got a mix of “new line”/“no new line” text - what was entered before was freed from pesky “new lines”, but new text had them (but not in ZQ RTEs).

So, I don’t think it’s ready for production yet.

Can you reproduce the above? For user privacy reasons we can’t give you access to our production app and we’re not going to purchase the plugin again on a different app to help you fix an issue you are having, so open to other suggestions. Thanks.

Hi @paul2,

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce it on our side. The plugin behaves properly after another round of testing.

We can understand if you prefer not to share access to your app. However, you should understand that in order for us to understand whether it is a plugin issue or not, because it might be a plugin issue, indeed - we are not able to reproduce the bugs on our side, based on the provided feedback.

This is the part that we ask our customers to share, at least screenshots of the workflows and plugin element settings, and exact steps to reproduce. It is not required to share the production app, but you could simply share mentioned details of the page that you’ve shared in public access:

We can test it and it is behaving as reported, but we cannot reproduce it on our side without more details, so we understand whether it is a plugin issue or not.

Thank you for understanding.

Thanks @alexandru let me see if we can get those additional screenshots/details

Hey @alexandru here you’ll find screenshots with a description to help troubleshoot.

Hi @paul2, thank you very much for provided screenshots. We’ll check on the use cases and I’ll get back with a reply asap!

Hi @paul2, I’m reaching out with an update. We have tried to reproduce this issue, and we had some success. The reason why it’s cutting the text with new lines into spaces, actually comes from our plugin. Even if you insert dynamic data into the Content fields, the data that comes from Bubble is correct, but the plugin cuts it into spaces. Please let us try to fix it and I’ll get back with another update asap. Thank you for patience :pray:

Great thanks @alexandru will wait to hear back from you

Hi @paul2,

I’m reaching out to notify that we’ve fixed the plugin. Please do upgrade it to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try.

However, there is one important mention. When you are making changes to the database, then retrieve the data as a dynamic value for the Content of ZQ RTE / ZQ Lite RTE, Bubble will refresh the app with new data being modified, meaning it will reset the inputs, which is why the cursor may skip and position itself before the initial content text. Unfortunately, we cannot influence this use case, as it is just how Bubble works rather than a plugin issue. It only happens when you place dynamic data into the Content. This issue has already been addressed here https://forum.bubble.io/t/zq-rich-text-editor-2-0-new-plugin-from-zeroqode/71144/30?u=zeroqode that you could check.

Thank you for patience.

@alexandru thanks I think we’re almost there.

Just one issue we are still running into: When I mark some text as bold, then focus out to save changes, then place cursor after that marked text, enter new line and a new character, then focus out again, all text lose bold property.

See GIF: https://share.getcloudapp.com/GGuoXAkP

Hi @paul2,

Thanks for reporting this one as well. Let us fix it as it is a plugin issue with displaying the HTML content in the element’s editor. I’ll come back with another update and a couple of instructions asap.

Hi @paul2,

We have pushed an update to our plugin. Please do upgrade it to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try. However, there are a couple of instructions regarding the formatting.

So, if you’d like to retrieve the formatted text that you type in, make changes to your database, then display the changed text in the element’s editor - it is required to actually save the element’s HTML into your database, rather than its plain Text. This is the reason why the updated text was losing its formatting. It was saved into the database as plain text, and then retrieved as plain text.

So, in your Bubble database where you are saving/retrieving data, you have to add an additional field called e.g. HTML, set it of type text, and when you make changes to your database in your workflow, you have to save ZQ RTE’s HTML value into that db field, so it will save the formatted text: (picture for illustration purposes)

Then, when you’d like to retrieve this data in element’s editor, you can set it the following way:

Thank you for your patience. :pray:

Looks like we’re set here. Thanks for the help @alexandru

Hi @paul2,

I’m glad it’s working on your side! If you like our plugin so far, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor. You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves. The more feedback we get, the more motivated we are to build great plugins and work on improvements!

@alexandru will be happy to but actually…we still have an issue with the cursor randomly jumping around still. Any thoughts? See convo below; GIF here: Screen Recording 2020-06-09...

Shared with CloudApp