Services Plugins FAQs

Bubble Page to PDF - New Plugin from Zeroqode

I’m not sure how that would be possible within the same RG but you guys are much more advanced than me so maybe you would have a way of pulling the same entity into a repeating group more than once but I certainly wouldn’t know how to achieve that. Unless (and this is more likely the case) I am completely misunderstanding what you’re asking me :exploding_head:

Isn’t this something that should be via DM? Either way the details are actually in the video anyway so I might as well post them. The app is pensiontracingservice and the page is “page-to-pdf-test”

Cheers Alex

Hello @shaun, thank you for providing the name of your app.

Sorry, probably that I didn’t explain clear enough. The idea was to not have two different elements with ID attribute - Current User unique ID. However, we checked and that isn’t the cause of the issue in your case. Our team found that in your app the plugin didn’t work because of the settings of the repeating group. Because of the fact that you have two cells in one row and both of them have a page-break element the plugin didn’t understand how to cut the page. In order to have the plugin working you should have only one-page break element per row. We switched the settings of your repeating group from two columns to one and now it is working properly. Please take a look when you will have time.

Best Regards,
Alex

Ahhhhh that makes sense actually! I’m really sorry for wasting your time with this one.

Thank you very much for looking into this for me and coming up with a solution!

ZQ is awesome :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s not a problem at all, we are always happy to help! In case any other questions appear please let us know.

Best Regards,
Alex

1 Like

Hey Bubblers.
we have an important update for all users that already use this PDF plugin:
We’ve recently rolled out a new release of the plugin where we added a new plugin element rewriting most of the code. We tried to optimise the code, improve plugin’s performance and fix any issues that we were receiving from users.
However, please note that the newly added element is not compatible with previous workflows actions. Existing users may use current version of plugin as is, however if they’ll upgradea the version to the latest which offers new element and will require adjustments in workflow and design once it is used"

Please note this when you decide to keep the plugin version or upgrade.

I have been using one of the older versions 1.28 and it suddenly began only converting the parts of the element that were on screen (like a screen cap)

I upgraded to the latest version 1.33. Now I get the following error (Using 2.0 element and 2.0 action)

I’m attaching my settings as well

I also noticed the target ID and output file name can’t accept expressions anymore?

seems to be working now. I have no idea why. story of my life.

Edit. No it’s not. I consistently get the error (noted above) when i choose letter size.

I cannot get it to generate a pdf on any other setting (presents blank page), in fact, I can no longer get to even attempt to save a pdf (the auto save pdf if checked) Is there anyone that can get into my site and take a look. I must have tried 100 permutations of paper size, inches and pixels.

Hey, @jeffmccutcheon!

Yes, sure. To be able to help you could you please describe the steps you previously did (to be able to reproduce them) and what result are you trying to achieve (what would you like to see on PDF file).

To get into your site please add our support@zeroqode.com account to your collaborator’s list in Settings -> Collaboration so we could check the issue inside your application. Plus, please tell us the name of your Bubble application and page name where you develop it, it would be way easier for us to help you solve the issues.

Note: Don’t pay attention to the alert message regarding Professional Plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add as to your collaborator’s list.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best, Julia.

Hello, I have just upgraded to V2 of the plugin for my bubble app. I don’t seem to be able to upload the file produced to aws and also autosave the PDF. I currently only seem to be able to auto save the PDF.

Edit: I only seem to be able to get the save PDF working, if I use the debugger and have it go step by step. If I just do it as normal it wont save the PDF. This is also true with the upload to aws.

Also when I open the PDF using the mac preview app, the back ground comes out black. I have to colour the background to get it to come out white as I would like it to.

Hello, @justincswork. Thanks for reaching out.

These issues, you’re reporting, are not reproducing on our side. Can you please compare your plugin action settings with our demo page? There everything is pretty workable. Also please make sure you’re using the latest plugin version (1.33) and not using the old plugin element, because it is not compitable with the latest plugin version.

This issue was observed on 1.28th version with the old plugin element. On the latest version, this issue was fixed and is not reproducing anymore. Please make sure you’re using the proper plugin version and element.

Also, on 1.28th plugin version the workaround for this case was indeed to set the page/element bacground transparency to 100, to fix that black background issue.

Can you please share the link to your app page, where you have these PDF plugin issues? To let us see if your problems are reproducing on our side, from your app. And tell us which plugin version/element you’re using, PDF plugin action properties, etc :pray:

Regards,

hello, I am using v2 of the converter and the plugin as shown by the screen shots I have attached. I have had a look at the demo version you suggested and I can’t see anything significantly different to what I have set up.
I have now added you as a collaborator on my app so you can have a look as requested.Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.24.45

@justincswork,

Thank you for the screenshots and for providing access to your app. I’ll check it and let you know the result asap. Thanks!

Regards,

@justincswork,

I have checked your app, and here is my investigation result (under the 1.33 version). Please take a look:

1. upload to AWS checkbox is working - PDF file after the conversion is saved successfully to the File Manager - https://prnt.sc/urxu1n;
  2. autosave checkbox is working - PDF file after the conversion is showed within the browser popup - https://prnt.sc/urxtj9;
  3. black background on macOS devices - is not observed (we’ve tested on our mac devices).

It seems that under your current plugin setup, everything converts without an issue. Have you got any other issues that you’d like to report/get help with?

Regards,

Friends, we have made a new plugin update. It should fix all the previous issues.

Please upgrade your plugin to the latest 1.35 version and give it a try. It should work well. :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards, Kate

I have managed to get it working by adding a pause before the PDF is created. The issue I am having now is that the created PDF is cutting off parts of the boarders of 3 of my 4 main groups. I have attached screen shots to show you what I mean.

@justincswork, thanks for the screenshots!

I have checked your pdf_creation page and added a new event - when the icon is clicked, convert the page with multiple groups. Now it seems to convert well, without cutting your pages.

Things that I’ve done:

1. upgraded to 1.35 version;
  2. changed the Format to Custom, Custom format to 815x880;
  3. added popup (it’s not necessary);

Please check the event I’ve added if it works well for you - because I can preview the pdf_creation page without the groups a-m (like this), but still, its edges look good, and let me know.

I hope it helps. :slightly_smiling_face:
Regards,

Thanks for your help, but when I do it the boarders of the elements are still missing. I have viewed the PDF in preview as well as firefox and google chrome. I have included screen shots and marked in blue where the boarders are missing. Also I had to insert a pause in the workflow in order for the PDF to create. Unsure why we are having different results. Also the custom page size has caused a page break to appear in the wrong place. I am guessing this will involve changing the custom page measurements.
See second screen shot.

@justincswork, apologies for the late reply :pray:

The only way you can make the content of your dynamic repeating group fit the PDF page size is to try out different page height parameters. Try to set, for example, 815x1200. If this format will be still cutting your page content - try 830x1400, etc.

Please try this suggestion and let me know the result. I hope it will be useful.
Regards,

Friends! :wave:

I’m glad to inform you that we have made a Bubble Page to PDF plugin update, where we have fixed a few issues and increased the resulting page quality. Please update your plugin to the latest version and check it out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Take care!