Services Plugins FAQs

Product Hunt Clone Template

there was a minor glitch after we made some improvements to the template, should be fixed now. Please create a new app for the changes to take effect.
Thanks!

hey levon thanks for that update!

1. So couple of questions here, in the future if more glitches are discovered, how does one transfer data from live site to the update templated you guys just fixed?

2. Think I found another glitch on https://dailyhunts.zeroqode.com/ if you upvote Barttar at this time, it is currently sitting in the ‘2 days ago’ category, however once you upvote it, it moves into the ‘yesterday’ category. My understanding is that all the products in each group is to stay within one another. Ex. all groups that are upvoted from ‘5 days ago’ should only stay within the ‘5 days ago’ group, no matter how many upvotes this receives.

3. I also noticed there is two ‘Grab a Gradient’ products when there is only one product created for it.

Thanks again levon for the fast replies, hope this all makes sense!

Randy

Hey Randy,
sorry for the delay, we’ve been busy launching our Udemy Template on PH yesterday.
for question
1 - i’m afraid it’s not possible to transfer the template updates to the apps built on that template other than manually, or by rebuilding the app using that template. I just don’t see that being possible at all given how much change and customizations users can do to an app built on a template by the time an update is rolled out.
2, 3 - we’ll check these issues and update here
Thanks

Hi Randy,
so, as for #2 and #3 - the current setup is such that when there are no products for recent days, one repeating group gets hidden and another with different logic gets shown. So we decided to rebuild this part and make it as I suggested to you above. One repeating group within another. And if there are no products for recent days, it will just show whatever there is for past dates, without conditional logic and without duplicate repeating groups. We did it initially for a better demo, but it might not be the best for those who buy the template.
Please bear with us as we improve this part, I’ll update here.
Thanks!

Levon Terteryan
Founder @ Zeroqode & Bubblewits

let’s stay in touch on twitter!

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services

Thanks for the update levon, as far as number 1, that’s going to be hard for us users when we are live, and discover a bug that is out of our control. Rebuilding a whole app is awfully painful for some updates. There’s got to be another way :confused:

2,3, thanks for the update here! really appreciate the fast responses!

Randy

Randy,
the good news is - there cannot be bugs which are out of your :slight_smile:
the templates are might only have minor bugs or things that might need improvement, and we’ll be implementing updates to the templates over time.
However using a template means that you (or your developer) should be familiar enough with Bubble to make the required customization (which we assume is always the case) and if that’s true then those minor things can be changed by you (or your developer)
so what we are going to change now in the template is not a critical bug but just an improvement (which you could also get done yourself as i explained some days ago about the idea of one repeating group inside another).
Hope this helps

Levon Terteryan

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

You make a good point about the bugs haha

thanks for the reply levon, when can I anticipate this change of the repeating groups will be complete by? Because right now, even posting products on consecutive days will cause a mixup of products.

another quick question, is there a way to make the search bar search for Topics as well? For example, if a user wanted to search for the tech topic group, it would show up on the search bar results. Right now it is only displaying products

Thanks!
Randy

Hi Randy,
we should be done with the changes by Thursday or Friday.

the question is quick, but the answer is not :slight_smile:
check out this video it should give you some insights

Levon Terteryan

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

Hi Randy,
sorry for a holdup, we have updated the structure of the repeating group on the main page. Can you please create a new app and see if it’s fine?
Thanks!

Levon Terteryan

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

hey @levon, Thanks for the update.

Post are not showing up at all, I created several new products and approved them and they are not loading. They are also not showing up on the demo as well at https://dailyhunts.zeroqode.com/

Thanks,
Randy

Hey Randy, forgot to copy the DB from dev to live. Done now and the products are appearing. Can you check again?

hey @levon, Is there a way to limit the amount of products loaded in the repeating group? with a scroll to bottom of screen to load more,

I know dailyhunts.zeroqode.com is run on limited resources, but I even tried on my personal plan and it is taking way too long to load all the posts as soon as a user reaches the home page. It is making the site very slow at the moment.

Thanks for your help!
Randy

hey Randy,
i think personal plan and hobby plan have the same resources,
bubble announced the way to see if upgrading would make the app faster

as for changing the way products load, just open the repeating group and change the full list to extended scrolling.
This is a very basic Bubble configuration - i strongly suggest you taking some tutorials or search for answers on Bubble forum and reference docs.

Thanks!
Levon Terteryan

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

hey @levon, thanks for all the help you are your team have been providing.

quick questions here:

1. The notifications button in the header when a user is signed in doesn’t have any workflows or have any function to it. Will a function be added to this?

2. What is the main use case of following topics? There is no feed/custom screen that shows your followed topics. In product hunt, a new followed topic will appear in the left side menu, with a custom feed with all followed topics. So just wondering what the use case for it is.

Thanks again!
Randy

• the notifications icon in the template is a dumb one - means doesn’t currently have any functions or workflows
  • if you go to user profile you have a tab called “followed topics” - there is no feed, but it’s not super difficult to add a filter on the main feed to show products only for the topics that the logged in user follows

thanks!
Levon Terteryan

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

Hey @levon, thanks for the reply, do you plan on adding functions to the ‘dumb’ notifications icon anytime soon?

Thanks,
Randy

Hey @randyh628, I have similar concerns about page load/speed. What has your experience been so far using this template?

not in the near future, but I’ve added that to the roadmap of improvements

Speed is also highly dependent on the plan that you are currently using. The template preview is on a hobby plan so it uses lowest capacity possible. When you buy the template and upgrade to one of the paid plans, you can temporarily boost the capacity to see how it improves the performance of the app
thanks

Levon Terteryan

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates
Bubble Plugins
Bubble Courses

Heya - I just bought and installed the template.

I’m having issues understanding how the site is effectively going beyond the screen size. It seems offset somehow.

My bug:

I noticed that this is not just the main site but also the login page…

Toby