Services Plugins FAQs

Product Hunt Clone Template

Hello - How do you change the page URLs to be a subdirectory?

Currently each page is just “website.com” but I would like to set it up so each page type has its own URL (“website.com/dashboard”) and each product has its own unique URL too.

Thanks!

Hi Chris, each page cannot be website.com - they are website.com/dashboard etc
as for products they are created dynamically on the “product” page
check for example https://apitools.zeroqode.com - if you click on any API you will see that each API has it’s own page, but you can’t see these pages in the Bubble editor because they created dynamically

Thanks, Levon. This ended up being caused by the way the domain name was being pointed to the site. Via forwarding instead of through DNS settings. It seems to be working properly now.

I do have a follow up question though. How do you insert the product name into the URLs for individual product pages?

Hi Chris,
that happens automatically by Bubble. The product names are sourced from the database and are used in the URL.

Hello @levon I just bought this template. No documentation is included ? Setup instructions ? I hope there is. I paid for something I shouldn’t be guessing by myself how it works.

Hello, thanks for reaching out! We are working on docs.
we are working on creating documentation for all our templates and are about halfway through, but for this template we don’t yet have one, i’m afraid. there are some very useful threads in this forum in regards to this template, that you could search and explore.
We will be also producing short video courses that would cover the usage of our templates but that will also take time.
My apologies for this but in the template description on Bubble we make explicitly warn about lack of documentation.

Hello, please tell me, when you can expect the template documentation? it’s hard to figure it out. Can I change the language in the template? for example in Russian.

Hi, thanks for the question, very soon we are going to publish a video documentation for this particular plugin. Meanwhile, it’s very easy to change the template language from English to any other language.
Please let us know if you have other questions, we’ll be glad to help.
thanks!

Thank you, Levon :slight_smile:

Hi @levon I bought a product hunt template. Please tell me:

1. Why do I need a dashboard for users of my site? how can they use it?
  2. How can I hide it from them? so that for me it remains visible as an administrator

Hi, please help me. There is a small questions. I am registering, I want to publish products, the first product is published, and the second, third are not published.

1. Why I want to publish products, 2 published, and 3 not published? What could be the reason ?
  2. I removed the APPROVED with product Grab Gradient, and he never got away on the main page, why is that?

Thank you in advance

Hi, thanks for the purchase, we will get back to you asap with answers

Hello, @docenkoanastas.

Regarding the PH Template questions:

Well the dashboard is usually for administrators of the site, so it’s not really usable by general public. You can hide it from them, as well make it accessible with a logged in power user.
For the demo purpose we placed the dashboard button in the header, so you could hide it from users on page load and make it available when an administrator is logged in or just by accessing the link to dashboard that’s up to you.

Now to the questions regarding the issues you’ve encountered:

1. The items are published by days they’re submitted and you’ll see them on index page for the specific day, even if they’re approved all at once same day, so maybe check the list below for the items submitted earlier.
  2. Seems like a bug in the filtering by approval of the items. I checked the template an added a new constraint for products search in database.
    You could make this change to your app as well. You’ll need to add this constraint to all the groups that search for products. Here’s the image of what field should be added -

Hope this helps.

Regards,
ZQ Team.

Thank you very much for the help :blush:

1 Like

Hello, it’s me again. I’m sorry I already got you, but I have a problem!
Inserted a link to the application where I tested the publication.

I created new applications to test the publication of products. Created 8 products and published them when you go to the main page of the site shows that today published 2 products. The rest does not show, but when you press NEWEST + VIEW MORE , it shows all 8 products. I tried on another application where I set up my registered account as an administrator, and all the same. I create the first product, publish it, create 2 and 3 products publish them, but they are not shown on the main page. Only if you press NEWEST + VIEW MORE, they appear. Also when you click on POPULAR, those products for which he voted do not appear,only appear when you click NEWEST + VIEW MORE . It seems to me that somewhere in the template there is an error, but I hope I am mistaken. And if you remove 2 products that can be seen on the main page, then today there are no publications and other products are also not visible on the main page. Attached screenshots.

Please tell me what can be changed in the template so that when I publish the products appear on the main page?

Hello.

Sorry for late response. We’ll look into those and offer an update on the matter asap.
Thanks for understanding.

Hello @docenkoanastas

We looked throughout the template and the app demo you offered, the logic works as expected.
While adding a product at current date time, and it being approved same date it will show on current’s list of items.
When upvoting a product it’ll be filtered by the popularity and go on top of others. While clicking on newest it’ll filter by the current date of adding, regardless if it is upvoted or not. As you can see we tested your app with 5 products adding by current date.

Also removing any product of current date will remove the product and leave any other products intact. As you can see I removed 2 of 5 products, and it shows the 3 ones left.

Hope this answers your questions.

So here is a question.
Can I import a database into a new instance of a template.
Specifically, I am looking to update the site with all the new changes/fixes since last year’s version however I don’t want to lose all of the products already inputted.
Thanks for your time.
Cheers
Z

Hello, yes, that’s possible, in case you export your database in a csv, make sure it’s in the same format as your new app’s database table structure then you can import the csv. It’s a premium feature as far as i know, so please make sure to consult this page https://bubble.is/pricing

1 Like

Can you possibly point me in the direction of one that will work with the PH theme. I am attempting to update the theme to the latest theme from last year’s version.
Thanks