Services Plugins FAQs

Product Hunt Clone Template

Sorry, what exactly need me to point you to? As i mentioned you simply need to export and import back the csv records.
here is how to export records https://bubble.is/reference#Interface.DatabaseViewer.ExportCSV
and this is how to import them https://bubble.is/reference#Interface.CSVUploader
hope this helps

thanks kindly for pointing it out. I figured it out.
Actually I figured a workaround where I can implement the changes/update you make to the theme (and please make more :wink: and then importing them to the original site without borking the data or the changes I made or anything really. I have to make some cosmetic changes but those ain’t nothing.

Plus I just joined the slack channel.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.
Cheers
Z

you wanna share with us how you do that? :slight_smile:

sure thing. let’s take this to DM on slack and we can figure out if I am an accidental genius or an actual moron. I have been trying to get notifications to work all evening so my brain is kinda fried right now. :joy:

it’s better to have it here, so others can learn from your discoveries :slight_smile: if you don’t mind

The basics are:

• I created a test app with the updated ‘theme’
  • I exported that as test.bubble
  • I then I imported that into the current development area
  • it updated it with the changes you made
  • the only issue(s) were cosmetic changes I had made specific to my site. Those are eay enough to fix.

I think that’s it.

1 Like

exporting/importing you mean copy pasting the pages ?

apologies. Let me get specific:

• I created a test app with the updated ‘theme’
  • I exported that as test.bubble (Settings > General > Scroll to the bottom > Export Application)
  • I then I imported that into the current development area (Settings > General > Scroll to the bottom > Import Application - into the one I want to update)
  • it updated it with the changes you made
  • the only issue(s) were cosmetic changes I had made specific to my site.
  • I am currently building on the new integrated (new theme + original database)

ok so I am stuck on one thing…
altering the featured images of the products and the collections.
Also how I can choose which product / collection I can feature.

I have added the field Featured = yes/no as per the instructions above, still can’t make it work.

Thanks kindly.

this is actually genius! :slight_smile:
thanks a lot for discovering this! I have somehow missed that it’s possible now to import applications from settings :slight_smile:

did you update the database for the items and changed that field for some of them to yes?
did you add a search criteria in the repeating group’s data source to filter only those where Featured = yes?

1 Like

thanks man. Appreciate it.
Was very lucky this time around. What you’ve done with the themes is very good and I am a long way away from that.

I just need to get a handle on implementing notifications :wink:

as the for the featured stuff. I have added the ‘featured’ field for both the product and the collection. And set them to yes.

• the search criteria is a new thing. Can you please elaborate?
  • also I am having trouble putting the background on the ‘featured product’.
  • I am hoping that there is a way that I can determine which ones I can featured as opposed to the automated way it is now.

The site is at poptalkhub.com for reference.

(ps…the mobile changes are fricken awesome. Quite literally the reason I updated the theme).

I’d suggest you to do some tutorials on how to use Bubble - https://bubble.is/documentation
and we also do have courses https://lab.zeroqode.com

1 Like

Hey !

We are trying to setup LinkedIn authentication on Bubble and no-one is responding on their forum so we were told to try on this one.

1- We are using the Bubble.is LinkedIn plugin + set it up secret key and client key - works fine
2- We added LinkedIn buttons the trigger the login/signup with social and selected LinkedIn
3- Once tested, the user is re-directed to LinkedIn (Where they can login) and redirected back into Bubble.
4- Once re-directed back, the user is authenticated into the app successfully.

• The question is, once the user is authenticated, there is no user record in the user DB. How can we achieve that?

Hey Michael,
it seems like a Bubble bug, did you try filing a bug report regarding that plugin to Bubble?

Hi, I’ve recently started to deploy this template.

I have a problem. After 2h I can’t find solution to change Topic feed to show products not by the day but as one big list.

Anyone could give me a hint what I need? I can see someone actually tried this couple months ago.

Also, any clue how I can change to show products on lists not by the day but by the week (not 7 days but mon-sun)?

Hey @wojtek, our team will analyse it, and i will be back to you ASAP.

Thank you.
BR.

Hey @wojtek, so on we have done the demo for you.

Short description for it, first RG is showing full list, check it out and swap it with this highlighted Repeating group.

The second one you also have to paste in same place of Elements tree.

I hope I helped you.
Thank you.
Nik.